The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 969, 970, 971 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

The point is don't trust the Lakers medical staff and their listing of day to day. For some reason Maginka are trying to keep every injury a secret and it's (bleep) annoying
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Drifts wrote:
as I've suspected, Lebron will be out 2-4 weeks... but it's obviously worse than was earlier reported.

He's been out 16 days for a groin strain...and will likely be out 23 days. For a groin strain...for a 34 year old franchise player...with games against eastern bottom dwellers tanking. That's appropriate for the diagnosis.

You put him on that court before he gets his conditioning back in practice and the likelihood of reinjury is enormous.

just like the correct move was to sit Kuz last night while he was grimacing towards the end of the 3rd. Giving Bron an extra week to get his conditioning back is the right call and doesn't give any indication that it was worse than reported.

Worse is 4 to 6 weeks or months...that's the bullet we dodged...Dray took out 2 of our players in the same game...f that dude.

I'm not a fan of our medical team by any stretch, but as a licensed physician, this all seems right and not like they're trying to hide something.

they listed Lebron as day to day... it's been 2-4 weeks, which is by no stretch a day to day thing. so yes, it is definitely worse than what was reported.

They actually didn't list him as anything but out 'indefinitely'.

The media began with day to day and then by the following morning were reporting that the FO was prepared for him to be out 'a while with a grade 1 strain' following the MRI that confirmed it.

The fact is he's been cleared to resume basketball activities and will be re-evaluated in 1 week...that is very consistent with a grade 1 strain of the Groin (Pectineus, Adductor Brevis, Adductor Longus, Adductor Magnus, Gracilis and depending upon your training Sartorius and even Semimembranosis and Semitendosis). We don't know which of these muscles showed injury involvement on the MRI. Based upon where LBJ was holding immediately following the injury my suspicion is the Pectineus.

That being said normal wound repair for grade 1 strain is 7 to 12 days. That's 12 plus days of zero endurance conditioning that will need to be regained.

That he was cleared to start training again says that that time period is concluded and now he has a week to rebuild his cardio as well as improve flexibility and neuromuscular response.

I'm not trying to get into a who's right contest and our staff has consistently underwhelmed me to the point of me offering my services for free to the team on numerous occasions when I live in LA. So I'm on your side with that one.

But in this isolated instance...the time line is sound given the player's age, the injury, and the upcoming schedule.

These are very important injuries to proceed with caution.

#BannersOverBillboards
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I've always been against LG handing out medical licenses. Especially since the only requirements are that you regularly watch First Take and follow Dr Klapper.

I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
The point is don't trust the Lakers medical staff and their listing of day to day. For some reason Maginka are trying to keep every injury a secret and it's (bleep) annoying

I think they did the same thing even under Jim and Mitch.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
drae wrote:
32 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
No need for him to rush back anyway, the next 3 games are incredibly easy.

Well I wouldn't say Utah will be incredibly easy. Still tough to play there.

Best time to play them. They'll have 3 out injured - Rubio, Sefolosha, and Bradley

Injury report is also saying that Dante Exum is out for tomorrow’s game.

we lost to the knicks at home. No such thing as an ez win with this group of kids

The Knicks game was an incredibly easy game. That's why it was so frustrating that they didn't get it done.

Lakers threw that game. Jeannie made a lot of money doing so.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

Interesting discussion:

Quote:
2. LeBron has to play ___ more games for the Lakers to make the playoffs.

The Lakers have 40 games remaining

Windhorst: 30. He's probably going to miss quite a few more because of this groin injury, maybe several more weeks. This is a real injury and the Lakers have to be careful with it. They have to have him back fully healthy because they can't afford for him to get hurt again. Luckily, he almost never does.

Arnovitz: Based on their winning percentages with and without LeBron, 34 games would get the Lakers to about 45 wins, which projects to be right on the cusp of the postseason (538 has the No. 8 seed in the west winning 43 games and BPI has the No. 8 seed winning 46 games). To be on the safe side, the Lakers can ill-afford to have LeBron miss more than five more games.

Snellings: 25. The playoff cutoff looks to be somewhere around 45 wins. If LeBron plays 25 games, and the team closes with a 55-win pace, that'd be 17 wins right there to get L.A. to 40. That means the Lakers would need to win about five of their other 15 games to get in, a plausible number considering they have gone 3-5 in the games LeBron has missed.

Pelton: 30, if I have to pick a number. We know he's going to miss at least three more games because of his current groin strain, but the Lakers have shown enough in wins over Dallas and Detroit this week to believe they can stay afloat through another mini-absence for LeBron.

Herring: I'd guess about 35. It's one thing to be confident that L.A. will reach the playoffs. It's another to expect them to make it if he continues to miss far more action. Without him, I'm not sure I'd trust a team this young to finish the job on its own. There isn't that much room for error.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25731188/should-lakers-make-big-trade-lebron-out
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Interesting discussion:

Quote:

Windhorst: 30. He's probably going to miss quite a few more because of this groin injury, maybe several more weeks. This is a real injury and the Lakers have to be careful with it. They have to have him back fully healthy because they can't afford for him to get hurt again. Luckily, he almost never does.

Arnovitz: Based on their winning percentages with and without LeBron, 34 games would get the Lakers to about 45 wins, which projects to be right on the cusp of the postseason (538 has the No. 8 seed in the west winning 43 games and BPI has the No. 8 seed winning 46 games). To be on the safe side, the Lakers can ill-afford to have LeBron miss more than five more games.

Snellings: 25. The playoff cutoff looks to be somewhere around 45 wins. If LeBron plays 25 games, and the team closes with a 55-win pace, that'd be 17 wins right there to get L.A. to 40. That means the Lakers would need to win about five of their other 15 games to get in, a plausible number considering they have gone 3-5 in the games LeBron has missed.

Pelton: 30, if I have to pick a number. We know he's going to miss at least three more games because of his current groin strain, but the Lakers have shown enough in wins over Dallas and Detroit this week to believe they can stay afloat through another mini-absence for LeBron.

Herring: I'd guess about 35. It's one thing to be confident that L.A. will reach the playoffs. It's another to expect them to make it if he continues to miss far more action. Without him, I'm not sure I'd trust a team this young to finish the job on its own. There isn't that much room for error.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25731188/should-lakers-make-big-trade-lebron-out

Those are ridiculous responses and I’m glad they are just offering there opinion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Interesting discussion:

Quote:

Those are ridiculous responses and I’m glad they are just offering there opinion.

You should read their opinions more closely. I agree with them that they need him to play to get the Lakers into the playoffs.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

will be evaluated January 16th, we play the Thunder January 17th. we will be on a 25-20/26-19 record before that game if all goes as planned. but we are looking at a tough schedule starting with Thunder away, then at the Rockers on 19th Jan, Warriors home on 21st Jan and Wolves home on 24th Jan. the remainder of January we have Suns and Sixers at home and Clippers "away". really tough time to be without your best player

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Interesting discussion:

Quote:

You should read their opinions more closely. I agree with them that they need him to play to get the Lakers into the playoffs.

Thanks, looks like I was being a little stubborn.. they seem to be saying the right things if you clearly look at it.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
will be evaluated January 16th, we play the Thunder January 17th. we will be on a 25-20/26-19 record before that game if all goes as planned. but we are looking at a tough schedule starting with Thunder away, then at the Rockers on 19th Jan, Warriors home on 21st Jan and Wolves home on 24th Jan. the remainder of January we have Suns and Sixers at home and Clippers "away". really tough time to be without your best player

After the way we lost to the Knicks, not sure it's a given we win all our games or go 2-1.

Seems we relax against the lesser teams and you know JC will be motivated to strike back at the Lakers. (this one's for dave20).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

From that ESPN article.

Windhorst:

Quote:
He's probably going to miss quite a few more because of this groin injury, maybe several more weeks.

GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

After the way we lost to the Knicks, not sure it's a given we win all our games or go 2-1.

Seems we relax against the lesser teams and you know JC will be motivated to strike back at the Lakers. (this one's for dave20).

if we beat Utah, i definitely see us get complacent against Chicago or Cleveland. if we lose in Utah, there will be more pressure on the kids and so far they mostly responded when with their back to the wall. lets see, hope James can make it for the Warriors game atleast

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
From that ESPN article.

Windhorst:

Quote:
He's probably going to miss quite a few more because of this groin injury, maybe several more weeks.

It is just a opinion, if he had info, he would have ran with it in a article but the fact that it is said in a opinion piece makes it likely that he is just speculating.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
From that ESPN article.

Windhorst:

Quote:

It is just a opinion, if he had info, he would have ran with it in a article but the fact that it is said in a opinion piece makes it likely that he is just speculating.

Windhorst known LA hater.

However, I think the Lakers have not been telling the truth. It’s not a tear, but they undersold the severity of strain imo.

Windhorst might end up being correct, even if his speculation is based on LA haterade.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
From that ESPN article.

Windhorst:

Quote:

I agree IG because of the word "maybe". Hopefully it's not several more weeks. But remember Woj over a week ago used the word "significant". I'm still hoping for no more that two more weeks.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Let the old man rest up while the young guys go to work, this is a great opportunity for these guys to put up or shut up.

We'll need LeBron healthy for the run-in anyway and hopefully in the play-offs.

No need to rush him back for him to be re-injured.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

But my posted clip from ESPN showed, he will likely need to play 30 of the 40 remaining games for us to be in the playoff mix. He's missing the next 3 so we are getting a bit closer and tighter with respect to the room for error (as our schedule gets much more difficult).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
From that ESPN article.

Windhorst:

Quote:

I agree IG because of the word "maybe". Hopefully it's not several more weeks. But remember Woj over a week ago used the word "significant". I'm still hoping for no more that two more weeks.

These reporters tend to over-dramatize everything. There is no doubt in my mind that LeBron can play right now, that gives me the comfort feeling that the Lakers are just being cautious.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
These reporters tend to over-dramatize everything. There is no doubt in my mind that LeBron can play right now, that gives me the comfort feeling that the Lakers are just being cautious.

There is no evidence of this. You talk about other people's opinions you should take a look in the mirror.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
But my posted clip from ESPN showed, he will likely need to play 30 of the 40 remaining games for us to be in the playoff mix. He's missing the next 3 so we are getting a bit closer and tighter with respect to the room for error (as our schedule gets much more difficult).

This is a huge concern imo.

I keep seeing these “rest up for the playoffs, king” type comments and tbh I just don’t see playoffs if he’s not back within 2 weeks.

Tonight is an extremely difficult game and it doesn’t matter who is on the schedule, the young core just isn’t consistent enough to secure a playoff spot. Without Lebron, you would basically need Kuz to be a 25 ppg player and get some outstanding secondary scoring nights from Beasley and/or KCP. That’s awfully tough to depend on in NBA nightly grind.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Well if he's out another 2-4 weeks we could have an excuse for not making the playoffs this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is a huge concern imo.

I keep seeing these “rest up for the playoffs, king” type comments and tbh I just don’t see playoffs if he’s not back within 2 weeks.

Tonight is an extremely difficult game and it doesn’t matter who is on the schedule, the young core just isn’t consistent enough to secure a playoff spot. Without Lebron, you would basically need Kuz to be a 25 ppg player and get some outstanding secondary scoring nights from Beasley and/or KCP. That’s awfully tough to depend on in NBA nightly grind.

Resting for the playoffs assumes we make it, especially with such a difficult schedule coming up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

Remember Lonzo missed 30 games last year; BI missed 20 games to injury. God forbid they go down too and we are so short handed.

Beez should help bolster some scoring punch off the bench though. I fully expect to see a more energized Beez now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

There is no evidence of this. You talk about other people's opinions you should take a look in the mirror.

There is definitely evidence of this because John Ireland has been saying it in recent days, why tell me to look in the mirror? I know what I’m talking about... LeBron can play, granted he would be 75% in terms of health but he can play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 969, 970, 971 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 970 of 2079
Jump to: