OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1520, 1521, 1522 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
2019 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
That one sequence where he got the block and then split defenders on a pass to ... I think it was KCP? Not sure. But it was incredible.

If there’s ever been a play the SCREAMS J Kidd, that was it. Everything about it...

Yeah. And the pass looked ok from the wide shot. But on the angle from the basket, man, he really had to slice two defenders and hit the player in stride.

Yes, that was so awesome. One of the best passes I've seen.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
2019 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
That one sequence where he got the block and then split defenders on a pass to ... I think it was KCP? Not sure. But it was incredible.

If there’s ever been a play the SCREAMS J Kidd, that was it. Everything about it...

Yeah. And the pass looked ok from the wide shot. But on the angle from the basket, man, he really had to slice two defenders and hit the player in stride.

Yes, that was so awesome. One of the best passes I've seen.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25725387

He created another fastbreak off a steal near the end of the 2nd quarter, too.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/1/10/18177230/la-lakers-news-luke-walton-lonzo-ball-free-throw-shooting-what

“No, I’m not gonna speak on his form or routine. In practice he’ll sit there and he’ll make 25 or 30 out of 35. He sits there and he’ll hit ‘em,” Walton told reporters before Wednesday night’s win against Detroit.

100% mental.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

You told him to take a nap and that he should go troll somewhere else. That's addressing the poster, not the post, which is my point. He may have started it, you may have started it. Doesn't matter. Just both should end it and remember, we're here to discuss the Lakers, not other posters. Thanks.

Thank you for noting this. I'm ready to move past.

See LS...you just justified his behavior.

I'm out.

I'm not justifying his behavior. He should know better than to tell someone to (bleep) off as well. Anyway, if anyone has an issue, PM me. Lets get back to talking Ball.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/1/10/18177230/la-lakers-news-luke-walton-lonzo-ball-free-throw-shooting-what

“No, I’m not gonna speak on his form or routine. In practice he’ll sit there and he’ll make 25 or 30 out of 35. He sits there and he’ll hit ‘em,” Walton told reporters before Wednesday night’s win against Detroit.

100% mental.

Luke has Lonzo only shooting 30-35 free throws in practice?

How about 100 and seeing the percentages there.

Hitting 25-30 out of 35 in practice doesn't ring as something to work on for Luke? basically that's around 75-80 out of 100 in practice.

Luke should try to have him shoot 100 and see what his percentages are, this whole "Well he makes 25 or 30 out of 35 in practice so don't change anything." is not the mentality to have "Let's see if we can get him to make 90-95 out of 100 in practice." is.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

100% mental.

Hitting 25-30 out of 35 in practice doesn't ring as something to work on for Luke? basically that's around 75-80 out of 100 in practice.

Luke should try to have him shoot 100 and see what his percentages are, this whole "Well he makes 25 or 30 out of 35 in practice so don't change anything." is not the mentality to have "Let's see if we can get him to make 90-95 out of 100 in practice." is.

It doesn't matter how many shot he takes and makes in practice when you shoot the ball the wrong way, all it does is reinforce bad behaviors.

What they need to do is get a shooting coach to rework his shot.... Cant believe its been almost two season of him being one of the worst shooters in the game and they still wont touch his mechanics or even admit its a problem.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

100% mental.

Well (bleep) then those miniature golfers should make millions on the PGA tour then. Game situations aren't the same.

"Not gonna speak on his form or routine" Doesn't sound like Walton knows what the f**k to do or say.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

100% mental.

Well (bleep) then those miniature golfers should make millions on the PGA tour then. Game situations aren't the same.

"Not gonna speak on his form or routine" Doesn't sound like Walton knows what the f**k to do or say.

luke was a crappy shooter as well. why would he prioritize it?

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

A shooting coach, sports psychologist, maybe both? It disappointing that instead of choosing any of these options, the staff and Zo himself have chosen to do nothing about his shooting problems.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:

Ridiculous, no he doesn’t have a complete game, but when we have other guys going Lonzo doesn’t need to score. Kuz was unstoppable for 3 quarters and Beas was killing it in the 4th. Lonzo got the right guys the shots and other guys love to play with a PG that will do that and not worry about getting his own when they’re feeling it.

Kuz and Beas papered over Lonzo having a horrible game trying to score the ball. It's not ridiculous to point that out.

It’s not ridiculous if it happened but it’s just not the truth.

2/6 and not a single attempt in the second half of the game.

KUZ was on fire and Beasley picked up right where he left off. Drummond was coming off his man and looking to help on Ball when he was approaching the paint, so there was no need to present a threat to force the help to open up the pass. Ball had zero reason to try to force his own offense last night in the second half. His defense and rebounding and passing was more than enough. There was nothing to criticize about Lonzo’s game last night and anyone who is, is pretty much nit picking.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

lonzo is such an enigma. he had a huge impact on the game with his defense and passing. he'll be fine as long as kuzma or lebron are in the lineup.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

UnwrittenRules
‏ @UnwrittenRul3s

Lonzo Ball finished a +24 with 5 reb ,11 assists & controlled the game even while only scoring 5 pts. HIs team defense caused havoc all over the floor & gave Blake Griffin a hard time on switches. His def highlights in the W:
https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1083397615532687360
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

said it many times but again... Lakers need to seriously simplify his development and role on the offense. I know he's a smart player but have him focus on only 1-2 responsibilities on offense until he gets good at that so there's less he needs to think about.
And obviously that 1st task would be to simply work on his jump shot to be a reliable spot-up shooter. Get a good shooting coach and make him clean up his mechanics from the ground up. If he can be a 3 and D guard for Lebron and our second max player that alone will put us in really good shape.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
said it many times but again... Lakers need to seriously simplify his development and role on the offense. I know he's a smart player but have him focus on only 1-2 responsibilities on offense until he gets good at that so there's less he needs to think about.
And obviously that 1st task would be to simply work on his jump shot to be a reliable spot-up shooter. Get a good shooting coach and make him clean up his mechanics from the ground up. If he can be a 3 and D guard for Lebron and our second max player that alone will put us in really good shape.

Luckily the team isn’t listening
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

100% mental.

I'll never forget attending (I snuck in) a Laker practice in 1974 at Loyola. Someone who didn't shoot well from distance (Happy Hairston, perhaps) made 46 of 50 from the top of the key. Jerry West made 49 of 50 free throws, and he retired the next day.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

100% mental.

I'll never forget attending (I snuck in) a Laker practice in 1974 at Loyola. Someone who didn't shoot well from distance (Happy Hairston, perhaps) made 46 of 50 from the top of the key. Jerry West made 49 of 50 free throws, and he retired the next day.

the middle game is a lost art — Gail stumpy Goodrich hit every 15 footer like a layup...
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

100% mental.

I am no professional athlete so this might sound dumb. But I would think FT is something he can practice in his own time. If he only practice shooting FT during the official practice session, then it is concerning
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

100% mental.

I am no professional athlete so this might sound dumb. But I would think FT is something he can practice in his own time. If he only practice shooting FT during the official practice session, then it is concerning

There's no point to practice is if it's the wrong technique every time.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Everytime Lonzo attempts freethrows it's like he's trying to be done with them before he even starts. Almost like that entire sequence is a big panic attack for him.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Then they should be
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Then they should be

No.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Everytime Lonzo attempts freethrows it's like he's trying to be done with them before he even starts. Almost like that entire sequence is a big panic attack for him.

Yea, wish he took his time a bit. Slowed things down. And breathed heh.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Zo's.seasonal Rpm(-18) is not good, there's room for improvement when it comes to fit and function.
A suggestion that he goes by the way of step by step development in context is hardly unreasonable.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Then they should be

when has a 3 & D point guard been a max player or second option on a championship team?

The kid(d) can play. it's just whether or not he brings it and where his mind seems to be at. I actually believe ehe needs encouraging to do more, not less. Fix his mechanics, improves his finishing and handles, but if he could be an average scorer and a reliable shooter, he's close to all star level.

Again, it's just whether or no he comes with the aggressive nature we need from him. His second game ever was one of those games. Whatever that feeling was and we've seen it a few times since then, bring that.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
when has a 3 & D point guard been a max player or second option on a championship team?

The kid(d) can play. it's just whether or not he brings it and where his mind seems to be at. I actually believe ehe needs encouraging to do more, not less. Fix his mechanics, improves his finishing and handles, but if he could be an average scorer and a reliable shooter, he's close to all star level.

Again, it's just whether or no he comes with the aggressive nature we need from him. His second game ever was one of those games. Whatever that feeling was and we've seen it a few times since then, bring that.

Think he meant Zo will be a 3&D player for Bron + whoever we get for max.

But yeah, if he can penetrate for a couple layups per game, make a couple free throws, a couple of three pointers per game on top of what he does facilitating + his defense, that's a championship piece type player on a team with Lebron + 2nd max
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1520, 1521, 1522 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1521 of 1688
Jump to: