OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 586, 587, 588 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Tatum has taken a step back this year, I’m not sure how much value he really holds in a Davis trade... he isn’t good enough to be a deal breaker let’s get that straight...

I saw this coming from a mile away. Tatum, Brown, Rozier all had the ball in their hands ALOT last year when Kyrie and Hayward went down. Of course they're gonna regress now. Between Kyrie and Hayward that's 26 shots a game everyone else isn't taking anymore.

The only thing that's down for Tatum is last year's insane 3-point shooting. But he's still shooting 37% on high volume. He's a better 3-point shooter than pretty much anyone our team (still in wait and see mode with KCP to see if he's just streaking). His numbers are up in every other aspect. It's true what they say about early-season narratives, they're basically impossible to shake.

And the Pels can probably convince themselves that Tatum would look even better having an offense built around him instead of being a supplementary guy. Hell, there's a chance they could finally get back the guy they traded away in '96. He definitely makes or breaks the Boston trade. If Ainge includes him, it's easily the best package no matter what we offer.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Ainge screwed up big time. He had the world by the balls last offseason. The first round picks, which all looked great on paper, are not worth as much as once thought (Kings, Grizz, Clips ALL playing better than expected). They came off a playoff run where Rozier and Brown were two of their best players in the playoffs. Both of them have struggled since and Rozier is restricted FA next year. If Magic decides that trading for AD after signing a FA is the path he wants, I believe we can put a stronger package together than the Celtics. I am not saying I am for or against it as we have numerous paths to get the team to the next level. I just do not want to jump the gun and make a trade this year. It is a GREAT time to be a Laker fan.

Their first round picks are much more valuable than any we can offer.

Of course they are better than our picks I still would take Ingram and Zo over a late lottery pick. but if any of the picks are top 5 it trumps our assets easily.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Tatum has taken a step back this year, I’m not sure how much value he really holds in a Davis trade... he isn’t good enough to be a deal breaker let’s get that straight...

I saw this coming from a mile away. Tatum, Brown, Rozier all had the ball in their hands ALOT last year when Kyrie and Hayward went down. Of course they're gonna regress now. Between Kyrie and Hayward that's 26 shots a game everyone else isn't taking anymore.

The only thing that's down for Tatum is last year's insane 3-point shooting. But he's still shooting 37% on high volume. He's a better 3-point shooter than pretty much anyone our team (still in wait and see mode with KCP to see if he's just streaking). His numbers are up in every other aspect. It's true what they say about early-season narratives, they're basically impossible to shake.

And the Pels can probably convince themselves that Tatum would look even better having an offense built around him instead of being a supplementary guy. Hell, there's a chance they could finally get back the guy they traded away in '96. He definitely makes or breaks the Boston trade. If Ainge includes him, it's easily the best package no matter what we offer.

Of course but he is the guy they shouldn't trade away,.
If he is smart, he will pull a Riley ... who refused to include Wade in the Shaq trade. He basically offered us anything but Dwayne ... that is how you build a title team you keep your best young stud to partner with the incoming superstar.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Basically, if Boston offers Tatum they get AD.

If they don't offer Tatum, they still can offer a competitive package but it's less of a sure win over what the Lakers could offer.

Now, the question is whether it would be worth it to offer it all for AD? (I say yes but I understand the reservations against it). And with Boston in the mix, I'd say the deal for AD is inflated 25-33% as compared to today (when Boston is unable to trade for AD).
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Of course but he is the guy they shouldn't trade away,.
If he is smart, he will pull a Riley ... who refused to include Wade in the Shaq trade. He basically offered us anything but Dwayne ... that is how you build a title team you keep your best young stud to partner with the incoming superstar.

Agreed, but if memory serves, the only teams that could/would trade for Shaq were Dallas and Miami. Cuban refused to include Dirk in a trade and had little else of value, so Miami was basically bidding against themselves. The situation had become untenable with Shaq and ownership knew they were going to have to choose between him and Kobe anyway (and were going to choose Kobe).

AD is not forcing a trade yet and Pels would still prefer to keep him and Boston has a strong trade competitor in the Lakers, and that's before a lot of other potential teams throw their hat in the ring.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

FWIW,

https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/1083820665914957824?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
FWIW,

Come on man. This guy is an idiot. He looks for clicks. I saw one of his tweets a few weeks ago and he doesn't even know the CBA.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If they don't offer Tatum, they still can offer a competitive package but it's less of a sure win over what the Lakers could offer.

Now, the question is whether it would be worth it to offer it all for AD? (I say yes but I understand the reservations against it). And with Boston in the mix, I'd say the deal for AD is inflated 25-33% as compared to today (when Boston is unable to trade for AD).

This is where Lebron via Klutch has to do some legwork. If RP knows Boston is close to sealing the trade, get the Lakers to offer as much as they can if only to get Boston's offer jacked up and denude themselves as much as possible.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
FWIW,

Come on man. This guy is an idiot. He looks for clicks. I saw one of his tweets a few weeks ago and he doesn't even know the CBA.

I wouldn’t say complete idiot. He has some sources tbh.

Didn’t he nail the Markelle Fultz motorcycle accident injury?

Also, many people do not know the CBA. Doesn’t mean they don’t have sources (example: Stephen A.)

Last edited by LakerSD on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
FWIW,

Look at how he tweets vs when he talks on Video. You’ll easily notice the contradictions
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

what is so special about Tatum? i never understood the hype.

give him the ball and he gets buckets with average defense and can play 3/4 position

and that he is 19year

what else i am missing?

lonzo's impact on game on both sides >>> Tatum
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

give him the ball and he gets buckets with average defense and can play 3/4 position

and that he is 19year

what else i am missing?

I think he's a really good prospect and player. His 19 playoff games showed me he has the mettle to be a major problem for years to come. He is a major trade asset.

I think we tend to overrate our own assets a bit, and to be fair, the national media has overrated Tatum too.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Tatum on the Pels sounds kinda great. Once off that rookie contract... that Mamba seed pays purple and gold dividends. Can’t fight fate.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think we tend to overrate our own assets a bit, and to be fair, the national media has overrated Tatum too.

yupe this is what i was trying to say. all these ainge fanboys in bill Simmons/Lowe
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

yupe this is what i was trying to say. all these ainge fanboys in bill Simmons/Lowe

As much as it pains me to praise a Celtics player I'm trying to be objective as much as possible too.

Celts can't have it both ways but you know Ainge is trying. In an ideal world they'd have to give up Tatum but Ainge is trying to get AD and keep Tatum.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to believe Hart was untouchable.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
FWIW,

I wouldn’t say complete idiot. He has some sources tbh.

Didn’t he nail the Markelle Fultz motorcycle accident injury?

According to WOJ he likely heard about the motorcycle incident on radio (Woj thinks Brandon has no sources).

Last edited by drae on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
It's hard to believe Hart was untouchable.

Nah, that was just a thread on LG.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

and that he is 19year

what else i am missing?

Tall/long nice iso moves and a 3pt shot. Solid on defense. In everyone’s ideal scenario this type of rookie develops into a next big star...but there are so many levels before that, which are just as likely of possibilities. Basketball culture is really itching to find/peg young stars right now.. The last 5 years the draft has brought us fewer than ideal stars....
He has a chance but I wouldn’t bet on it
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

All I remember from ScoopB was that he supposedly thought AD was gonna be a Laker per his sources in December but it never happened, he might be one of those characters who likes pulling crap out of his arse
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I think Tatum can be more like a PG13 level player. All-NBA capable but not top 5 player, if that makes sense.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
All I remember from ScoopB was that he supposedly thought AD was gonna be a Laker per his sources in December but it never happened, he might be one of those characters who likes pulling crap out of his arse

And when Woj reported the Lakers had been looking at Washington for a trade, ScoopB tried to shout him down and say the Lakers are only looking at AD presently.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Tatum can be more like a PG13 level player. All-NBA capable but not top 5 player, if that makes sense.

Yup. I think in his prime he can approximate PG offensively ; but not defensively. PG is a dog
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup. I think in his prime he can approximate PG offensively ; but not defensively. PG is a dog

Yeah. I don't see him as a lockdown artist or all-NBA level defender. But that type of player (i.e. 3rd team all NBA level).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And when Woj reported the Lakers had been looking at Washington for a trade, ScoopB tried to shout him down and say the Lakers are only looking at AD presently.

ScoopB vs Woj .. cage match on WWE

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 586, 587, 588 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 587 of 8560
Jump to: