The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 970, 971, 972 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
But my posted clip from ESPN showed, he will likely need to play 30 of the 40 remaining games for us to be in the playoff mix. He's missing the next 3 so we are getting a bit closer and tighter with respect to the room for error (as our schedule gets much more difficult).

This is a huge concern imo.

I keep seeing these “rest up for the playoffs, king” type comments and tbh I just don’t see playoffs if he’s not back within 2 weeks.

Tonight is an extremely difficult game and it doesn’t matter who is on the schedule, the young core just isn’t consistent enough to secure a playoff spot. Without Lebron, you would basically need Kuz to be a 25 ppg player and get some outstanding secondary scoring nights from Beasley and/or KCP. That’s awfully tough to depend on in NBA nightly grind.

Resting for the playoffs assumes we make it, especially with such a difficult schedule coming up.

Yeah it would be an amazing scenario because that would mean the young core can anchor a playoff team, but in the west I’m just not confident in that scenario...at least not this season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
But my posted clip from ESPN showed, he will likely need to play 30 of the 40 remaining games for us to be in the playoff mix. He's missing the next 3 so we are getting a bit closer and tighter with respect to the room for error (as our schedule gets much more difficult).

I keep seeing these “rest up for the playoffs, king” type comments and tbh I just don’t see playoffs if he’s not back within 2 weeks.

Tonight is an extremely difficult game and it doesn’t matter who is on the schedule, the young core just isn’t consistent enough to secure a playoff spot. Without Lebron, you would basically need Kuz to be a 25 ppg player and get some outstanding secondary scoring nights from Beasley and/or KCP. That’s awfully tough to depend on in NBA nightly grind.

Resting for the playoffs assumes we make it, especially with such a difficult schedule coming up.

Yeah it would be an amazing scenario because that would mean the young core can anchor a playoff team, but in the west I’m just not confident in that scenario...at least not this season.

I think our core is about a 35-36 win level team without LBJ. If he can play 30 of the next 40 games and we don't incur many more injuries with our guys (including Rondo breaking his hand every month) I expect us to be in the playoffs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think our core is about a 35-36 win level team without LBJ. If he can play 30 of the next 40 games and we don't incur many more injuries with our guys (including Rondo breaking his hand every month) I expect us to be in the playoffs.

No doubt. I do think the young core is a playoff team in the east, but in the west most of the qualifying 8 generally have 2 all star level players.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
If he’s not back after the 16th, we’re screwed. Have you seen our schedule after that? I swear our medical staff is a complete joke.

What does this have to do with the medical staff? Firstly, Lebron has his own people that he uses for a lot of his rehab work. Secondly, try being 34 and coming back from an injury to play at the highest level against the best athletes in the world. This has nothing to do with the medical staff and everything to do with how Lebron's body responds to therapy. It is almost certainly the case that Lebron is doing everything and more to get back on the court. Your body simply doesn't heal as quickly once you're up in those mid-30s.

It's just a lazy knee jerk response to blame the "medical staff" when no one can even name any of the doctors treating Lebron, nor document whether they have been seeing Lakers players years ago.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Btw, if LeBron needs a few more weeks to get back to 100% I will support the move, we need him after the all star break and I think our young core is good enough to lead us to wins.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
If he’s not back after the 16th, we’re screwed. Have you seen our schedule after that? I swear our medical staff is a complete joke.

What does this have to do with the medical staff? Firstly, Lebron has his own people that he uses for a lot of his rehab work. Secondly, try being 34 and coming back from an injury to play at the highest level against the best athletes in the world. This has nothing to do with the medical staff and everything to do with how Lebron's body responds to therapy. It is almost certainly the case that Lebron is doing everything and more to get back on the court. Your body simply doesn't heal as quickly once you're up in those mid-30s.

It's just a lazy knee jerk response to blame the "medical staff" when no one can even name any of the doctors treating Lebron, nor document whether they have been seeing Lakers players years ago.

Exactly....

We have one of the best medical staffs in the entire NBA. Why do some folks here thing we have the lamest staff ever. What, from the Karl Malone injury 15 years ago? Duh...that was a whole different time and era.

Lakers have staff from UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Kerman-Jobe Institute. Best in the country.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/1083818668075769857?s=21

I know it’s ScoopB but something smells.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Can mods confirm rather this ScoopB guy is legit? All I remember from him is that he reported that Anthony Davis was gonna be a Laker back in December and it never happened.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Can mods confirm rather this ScoopB guy is legit? All I remember from him is that he reported that Anthony Davis was gonna be a Laker back in December and it never happened.

He'll be legit when he reports something that's true. For example if Lebron is out until the end of February he'll be legit. If he comes back by the end of January I suppose SnoopB will say he's "rushed" back but it won't prove he's legit.

Woj seems to think Brandon has no sources, for what it's worth.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You don’t really need Mods to confirm. Just like most in the media, there is a lot of information/misinformation that goes around and it’s up to them to identify what’s BS and what has legs.

ScoopB seems like the type that tweets whatever he hears whether information or misinformation.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You don’t really need Mods to confirm. Just like most in the media, there is a lot of information/misinformation that goes around and it’s up to them to identify what’s BS and what has legs.

ScoopB seems like the type that tweets whatever he hears whether information or misinformation.

Well let's put it this way. From a medical point of view if Lebron were to be out until the end of February, there's no point ramping up practice now. THAT is what's suspect. If a groin injury is going to keep him out for 2 months, why on earth has he been cleared to practice on it?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

He has a radio based that he talks in, it’s pretty interesting that he seems to invested in the AD talk, like how is he getting info while other top writers aren’t? Pretty crazy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Well let's put it this way. From a medical point of view if Lebron were to be out until the end of February, there's no point ramping up practice now. THAT is what's suspect. If a groin injury is going to keep him out for 2 months, why on earth has he been cleared to practice on it?

Yeah, seems like BS.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yeah, seems like BS.

And as for the sports hernia rumor that's floating around, which Brandon might have sniffed out and based this report on, if he did have a sports hernia he wouldn't be cleared for practice until at least 4-6 weeks after the injury. In fact only 2 weeks after the injury is when you begin physical therapy. Probably tack an extra week on due to age.

So lots of BS floating around.
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
I think LeBron's injury is much more serious than what they're reporting. They're even saying it's a hernia. They're not going to say exactly how long he'll be out because it will affect ticket sales and trade negotiations.

He could be out past the All-Star Break. They're just playing it off as if it's day-to-day or a weekly evaluation. I hope it's not that bad, but it seems worse than what they're reporting.

I think you are over exaggerating, if it was serious why in the world would he increase his work-load?

He’s exaggerating like when he said PG is a Laker.

You do know that PG backed out of signing with the Lakers, right?
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
Sago wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
I think LeBron's injury is much more serious than what they're reporting. They're even saying it's a hernia. They're not going to say exactly how long he'll be out because it will affect ticket sales and trade negotiations.

He could be out past the All-Star Break. They're just playing it off as if it's day-to-day or a weekly evaluation. I hope it's not that bad, but it seems worse than what they're reporting.

I think you are over exaggerating, if it was serious why in the world would he increase his work-load?

He’s exaggerating like when he said PG is a Laker.

You do know that PG backed out of signing with the Lakers, right?

Can you tell us more DONE deals from your sources?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

He hasn’t been cleared to practice, only for basketball-related movements. Things like shooting the ball and dribbling.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

He hasn’t been cleared to practice, only for basketball-related movements. Things like shooting the ball and dribbling.

"On court basketball activities", which he wouldn't be if a) he had a hernia or b ) his groin is serious enough to keep him out for a couple more months.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Lebron's body is breaking down... Maybe not too late to make a run at Zion
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Lebron's body is breaking down... Maybe not too late to make a run at Zion

Sure it is.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Then you have "BasketballRehab" in the replies who said "he heard" the reason they aren't telling people the seriousness of it is so it won't affect attendance lmao.. So hacky you can't do anything but laugh because you know tons of people are going to eat this up like it's pure truth.

Like everyone else I don't know for sure what's going on but the pretty obvious reasoning is that Lebron is a student of the game and knows when you get up there in age you have to be extra cautious with your body and that he can very easily start a chain of injuries that will affect him until he retires if he tries to come back too early.. There is zero chance it's the Lakers dropping the ball with a bad diagnosis, Lebron takes care of his body as good or better then just about any athlete in any sport.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure LeBron's medical team is better than the ones employed by the Lakers.

So I wouldn't worry much, you don't want to mess around with the groin. Just let it heal and come back healthy.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Seems like those sports hernia rumors might be true. This damn team and it's secrecy around injuries is highly irritating.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
I'm pretty sure LeBron's medical team is better than the ones employed by the Lakers.

So I wouldn't worry much, you don't want to mess around with the groin. Just let it heal and come back healthy.

It's easily better than the Lakers staff.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

MVP
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 970, 971, 972 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 971 of 2079
Jump to: