Ford Recall - 23 People Dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Ford Recall - 23 People Dead

If you or a loved one drives a Ford, check the recall site. Airbags have been spontaneously exploding and killing people with a sharpnel blast to the face causing 23 deaths to date.

Ford Airbag Recall Checker
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Isn't this just an extension of the Takata recall which affects all vehicles that they supplied?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Isn't this just an extension of the Takata recall which affects all vehicles that they supplied?

Most of the vehicles affected in the prior recall were Toyota's, Nissan, & Mazda's which subjected drivers to sharpnel injury during airbag deployment in an accident. Now the chemical accelerant is degrading the metal containment canister and exploding spontaneously outside of accident deployment events. Basically driving down the road and then getting surprised with a sudden shotgun blast to the face as the metal bits of the containment canister are explelled.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

I'd be upset if I died that way.
Not fair
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Not fair

Unlike the prior recalls, the NTSB has taken the rather extraordinary step of issuing "NO Drive" orders for specific year and models that are deemed especially suceptable. (IE, the vehicle must be taken off the road until the units have been replaced.) For example, The 2016 Ford Ranger line within a specific VIN range has been deemed illegal for road use until fixed.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Not fair

Actually, you wouldn’t.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Not fair

RIGHT?!

People want to die doing something they LOVE,

and I can't imagine anyone loving driving a Ford...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

All 3 of my cars have been fords (Mercury Cougar, Mustang, and F-150) I’d say I’m enjoying life quite well lol

EDIT: none of my current Fords affected. Can’t wait to see what the new Bronco looks like!

Last edited by 22 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

This airbag recall is the one that’s been going on for a few years affecting millions of cars from several automakers I believe. It’s a Takata issue iirc
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
All 3 of my cars have been fords (Mercury Cougar, Mustang, and F-150) I’d say I’m enjoying life quite well lol

EDIT: none of my current Fords affected. Can’t wait to see what the new Bronco looks like!

yeah, Fords are awesome, did you read about the new Ranger? About how you have to take the front tire off along with a whole bunch of other parts/components/clips and cowlings just to change the oil? My guess is an oil change will be more expensive than a Beemer oil change..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
22 wrote:

yeah, Fords are awesome, did you read about the new Ranger? About how you have to take the front tire off along with a whole bunch of other parts/components/clips and cowlings just to change the oil? My guess is an oil change will be more expensive than a Beemer oil change..

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fakenews-diyers-take-note-%E2%80%93-the-2019-ford-ranger%E2%80%99s-oil-change-procedure-contains-a-big-extra-step.1487/

It's not even true lol
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
22 wrote:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fakenews-diyers-take-note-%E2%80%93-the-2019-ford-ranger%E2%80%99s-oil-change-procedure-contains-a-big-extra-step.1487/

It's not even true lol

LOL, that certainly makes more sense, I read it on MSN...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
22 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
22 wrote:

It's not even true lol

LOL, that certainly makes more sense, I read it on MSN...

Yeah looks like everyone was in uproar for awhile haha. They had to make a retraction on the forums lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: