THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1334, 1335, 1336 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Allproper wrote:
This is REAL. Filmed in 1958- about a conman who grifts a small town of suckers into building a wall. History not subtle enough for you? GUESS THE GRIFTER'S NAME!

Check out this clip ->> https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1083140191362048000

The show is called Trackdown, it ran on CBS in 1958, and the name of the episode is "The End of the World."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0732741/

Full episode -

What are the chances?

I posted that here months ago. I could not believe my effin ears and eyes while watching that. That thing came from some kind of cosmic wormhole.

Trump: Into the Trumpverse.

Imagine an alternative universe where a Trump has his wall, only Fox News exists, they put lead back in gasoline, Ivanka has kids who call Trump both grandpa and daddy, Russia gets Alaska back, government documents are both in English and in Russian, and slavery is reinstated.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

maga rubes blocking electric charging stations with their rube wheels is a thing now

https://thenextweb.com/cars/2019/01/05/tesla-owns-gas-guzzling-pickup/
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
maga rubes blocking electric charging stations with their rube wheels is a thing now

https://thenextweb.com/cars/2019/01/05/tesla-owns-gas-guzzling-pickup/
idiots idiots idiots. but towing them, you may as well pull out your gun too because best believe one of them will once they see you towing their truck. any idiot that would do that is going to lose his mind once you tow his/her truck.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
A kinder gentler side of Former President Bush
https://ktla.com/2018/12/18/george-h-w-bush-sponsored-7-year-old-in-the-philippines-for-10-years-under-pseudonym-exchanging-letters/
Quote:
“His letters were the most sweet, spirited letters I have read from any sponsor, but he kept giving hints as to who he could be,” Stafford said. “He was really pushing the envelope.”

His first security breach: sharing a picture of his dog.

“Here is a picture of our dog,” he wrote. “Her name is Sadie. She has met a lot of famous people.”

“She is a very good dog she was born in England. She catches mice and chipmunks, and she runs like wind. G. Walker.”

He also mentioned that he was famous enough to get invited to the White House for Christmas.

“Dear Timothy,

I love that picture of you holding that ‘World Time’ gadget. I also have learned that you play the guitar – terrific!

Timothy, have you ever heard of the White House? That’s where the president of the USA lives.

I got to go to the White House at Christmas time. Here is a little booklet that I got at the White House in Washington.”

Such a kind man. Remember when he pardoned all those nice old men on his last Christmas Eve while in the whitehouse for the illegal Iran Contra affair? Ironic that Trumps latest pick for Attorney General is the same lawyer that advised Bush to pardon everyone that was involved in that scandal. Ah, GHW Bush, your beautiful legacy lives on with us today.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

National Security issues to be addressed by executive order:

gun control
healthcare
equality race/gender/tax
violence against women
...first 4 weeks

current business of the US House of Representatives

https://www.c-span.org/video/?456719-1/house-session&live
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
https://ktla.com/2018/12/18/george-h-w-bush-sponsored-7-year-old-in-the-philippines-for-10-years-under-pseudonym-exchanging-letters/
Quote:
“His letters were the most sweet, spirited letters I have read from any sponsor, but he kept giving hints as to who he could be,” Stafford said. “He was really pushing the envelope.”

“Here is a picture of our dog,” he wrote. “Her name is Sadie. She has met a lot of famous people.”

“She is a very good dog she was born in England. She catches mice and chipmunks, and she runs like wind. G. Walker.”

He also mentioned that he was famous enough to get invited to the White House for Christmas.

“Dear Timothy,

I love that picture of you holding that ‘World Time’ gadget. I also have learned that you play the guitar – terrific!

Timothy, have you ever heard of the White House? That’s where the president of the USA lives.

I got to go to the White House at Christmas time. Here is a little booklet that I got at the White House in Washington.”

Such a kind man. Remember when he pardoned all those nice old men on his last Christmas Eve while in the whitehouse for the illegal Iran Contra affair? Ironic that Trumps latest pick for Attorney General is the same lawyer that advised Bush to pardon everyone that was involved in that scandal. Ah, GHW Bush, your beautiful legacy lives on with us today.

Never understood why people point to the "nice" things that truly evil people do. As if it suddenly erases all the harm they did . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Quote:

“Dear Timothy,

Never understood why people point to the "nice" things that truly evil people do. As if it suddenly erases all the harm they did . . .

It's one of the most inexplicable human impulses I can think of. There will be a day when Trump will be seen as a lovable goofball again, and that day is much sooner than people may think. I thought GWB would have to be on deaths door before becoming a cuddly teddybear and that only took about 8 years.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Quote:

“Dear Timothy,

It's one of the most inexplicable human impulses I can think of. There will be a day when Trump will be seen as a lovable goofball again, and that day is much sooner than people may think. I thought GWB would have to be on deaths door before becoming a cuddly teddybear and that only took about 8 years.

There are some that are so despicable that there is nothing that can be done.

Nicest thing I can say about Roger Ailes is that he's dead.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
In order to improve our country's national security the President stopped paying TSA workers and air traffic controllers.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

people forget/didn't know/don't remember how dangerous the skies were when Reagan fired the ATCers in the 80's
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Kamala Harris was on Morning Joe this morning. I thought she was really good. She was intense, knowledgeable, persuasive. She's my favorite Democrat now and I hope she runs and wins the nomination.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Kamala Harris was on Morning Joe this morning. I thought she was really good. She was intense, knowledgeable, persuasive. She's my favorite Democrat now and I hope she runs and wins the nomination.

I have to admit, she is strong and that was a great interview, and compared to Ocasio a little older, more mature. I know she has a little baggage, but who doesn’t.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I have to admit, she is strong and that was a great interview, and compared to Ocasio a little older, more mature. I know she has a little baggage, but who doesn’t.

That interview is a great example of something Warren lacks. Harris is a natural. She needs a much better answer as to why she's running though.

It's obviously still very early, but Warren has a very clear and concise answer there and it's an important question.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Tulsi Gabbard just announced. I disagree with a few of her positions but shes not a terrible candidate.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Great news. Her presence is definitely needed. Here's hoping she surpasses Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.. He retired at 90.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will return to work, no further medical treatment needed

LINK

Quote:
"Justice Ginsburg will continue to work from home next week and will participate in the consideration and decision of the cases on the basis of the briefs and the transcripts of oral arguments. Her recovery from surgery is on track."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Wilt wrote:

That interview is a great example of something Warren lacks. Harris is a natural. She needs a much better answer as to why she's running though.

It's obviously still very early, but Warren has a very clear and concise answer there and it's an important question.

Yeah, I agree. That answer seemed safe. She kept saying "leadership" and "vision" and those words don't mean anything. She needs to find a way to connect with people and for them to have an emotional attachment.

But there's something about her prosecutorial intensity that can be very useful in a debate against Trump, or any Republican. And it doesn't seem forced, it seems natural, as you said.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

BREAKING

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Following President Trump’s firing of James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, the bureau grew increasingly concerned about whether the president’s actions constituted anti-American activity.CreditCreditSarah Silbiger/The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

NYT: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Quote:
In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

Agents and senior F.B.I. officials had grown suspicious of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign but held off on opening an investigation into him, the people said, in part because they were uncertain how to proceed with an inquiry of such sensitivity and magnitude. But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry, the people said.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. That inquiry is part of Mr. Mueller’s broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them. It is unclear whether Mr. Mueller is still pursuing the counterintelligence matter, and some former law enforcement officials outside the investigation have questioned whether agents overstepped in opening it.

The criminal and counterintelligence elements were coupled together into one investigation, former law enforcement officials said in interviews in recent weeks, because if Mr. Trump had ousted the head of the F.B.I. to impede or even end the Russia investigation, that was both a possible crime and a national security concern. The F.B.I.’s counterintelligence division handles national security matters.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Leah McElrath @leahmcelrath

Meaning:

The FBI hasn’t just been investigating whether the Trump campaign worked with the Kremlin.

The FBI has ALSO been investigating whether Trump himself is an actual operative on behalf of Russia.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Meaning:

The FBI hasn’t just been investigating whether the Trump campaign worked with the Kremlin.

The FBI has ALSO been investigating whether Trump himself is an actual operative on behalf of Russia.

his Russian spy bride is his handler...just like Marina and Lee
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ocho wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Yeah, I agree. That answer seemed safe. She kept saying "leadership" and "vision" and those words don't mean anything. She needs to find a way to connect with people and for them to have an emotional attachment.

But there's something about her prosecutorial intensity that can be very useful in a debate against Trump, or any Republican. And it doesn't seem forced, it seems natural, as you said.

True, but as to your second point, her comportment during the Kavanaugh hearing made in clear she'd be a real force in a debate.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Tulsi Gabbard just announced. I disagree with a few of her positions but shes not a terrible candidate.

She's pro-Assad and among her fans are Steve Bannon, Russian Times and David Duke. Make of that what you will.

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/822241044267958272
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
nickuku wrote:

She's pro-Assad and among her fans are Steve Bannon, Russian Times and David Duke. Make of that what you will.

Yep, I can't imagine that she gains any sort of traction.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Meaning:

his Russian spy bride is his handler...just like Marina and Lee

And the other implication is that they weren't just investigating what happened during the campaign, they investigated whether AS PRESIDENT he was acting as a Russian agent. Boom.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Yep, I can't imagine that she gains any sort of traction.

She's the next Jim Webb.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1334, 1335, 1336 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1335 of 3663
Jump to: