OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1621, 1622, 1623 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Realistically, we're planning on stashing BI for 2 to 3 years hoping he can step into the #1/#2 roll once the LeBron era winds down. If things go to plan, he'll be the #3b option to have the ball in his hands until then.

1) Bron
2) Max FA
3a) Lead Guard
3b) BI

Kuz? BI may have to go further down the offensive ladder, but may spearhead our defense (with Lonzo).

He said 3b to have the ball in his hands. Liz isn’t a guy you give the ball to and ask him to create for himself or others. He’s a finisher. I think that’s what he was eluding to.

Liz?
But the point is someone is going to feel like they're not getting enough shots.

Kuz smh. New phone hasn’t accepted “Kuz” as a real word yet lmao.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Realistically, we're planning on stashing BI for 2 to 3 years hoping he can step into the #1/#2 roll once the LeBron era winds down. If things go to plan, he'll be the #3b option to have the ball in his hands until then.

1) Bron
2) Max FA
3a) Lead Guard
3b) BI

Kuz? BI may have to go further down the offensive ladder, but may spearhead our defense (with Lonzo).

He said 3b to have the ball in his hands. Liz isn’t a guy you give the ball to and ask him to create for himself or others. He’s a finisher. I think that’s what he was eluding to.

Liz?
But the point is someone is going to feel like they're not getting enough shots.

Kuz smh. New phone hasn’t accepted “Kuz” as a real word yet lmao.

Yeah. I've had to include words like "Zub" and "BI" and "DLO" into my phone over the years too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Brandon could be one of the better role players in the league right now, with the obvious potential to be more than that as his career progresses. The kids can really defend their asses off.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Brandon could be one of the better role players in the league right now, with the obvious potential to be more than that as his career progresses. The kids can really defend their asses off.

Yup. Work up the ladder, and not be dropped off at the top like he was last year at the beginning.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Is there a reason why is advanced stats never improve? I been hearing about his defensive impact since he got back from that injury so I figured eventually he won’t have terrible advanced stats on the defensive end atleast, but nope.

I get the explanations for his offensive stats to due his playstyle but what gives on the defensive end?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Is there a reason why is advanced stats never improve? I been hearing about his defensive impact since he got back from that injury so I figured eventually he won’t have terrible advanced stats on the defensive end atleast, but nope.

I get the explanations for his offensive stats to due his playstyle but what gives on the defensive end?

Lots of defensive stats are aggregate stats. So if the team sucks, his "individual" defensive advanced stats will suffer too.

Defense is truly the most difficult thing to track, advanced stats wise.

But the eye test shows that he is much more improved effort/energy wise this year, and even though he gets blown by a lot b/c of his stance/high center of gravity, he almost always contests with his elite length.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He's in the 82nd percentile overall as a defender in terms of Points Per Possession, FWIW.

I don't think most defensive stats are very good, frankly. Even DRPM has him as basically an average defender, but I think that underrates him.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He's in the 82nd percentile overall as a defender in terms of Points Per Possession, FWIW.

I don't think most defensive stats are very good, frankly. Even DRPM has him as basically an average defender, but I think that underrates him.

I’ve never thought too highly of advanced defensive metrics either. I can remember Avery Bradley having bad defensive stats as well during his all nba D team appearances.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

this is one of my biggest frustrations. He could be but so far the Lakers have not developed him as such and now he's looking like the odd guy out the starting lineup after the Lakers sign a max FA.
He came out of college as a raw player with a decent 3 point shot with slashing ability. Instead of building off of that he's been molding into this weird combination of iso midranger and point forward to very mixed results all the while he regressed on his distance jump-shot.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Point guard skills
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

They need to utilize him in the post and take a more inside out approach to scoring. According to Joey Ramirez:

"B.I. currently ranks among the NBA's 84th percentile as a post-up scorer. Was only in the 30th last year."

Wouldn't mind if he's gone. They have no clue how to maximize his strengths.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
They need to utilize him in the post and take a more inside out approach to scoring. According to Joey Ramirez:

"B.I. currently ranks among the NBA's 84th percentile as a post-up scorer. Was only in the 30th last year."

You rather he goes instead of getting a coach who doesn't prioritize hiring his friends over assistants who can develop players?
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Come on guys, let’s rally the troops. I’m sure somehow this game is on Brandon for us losing.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

He started well, only then to go missing for 3 quarters. Totally invisible out there.

Why do we keep playing to his worst tendencies, he's atrocious in isolation. The coaching staff aren't doing him any favours.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

You rather he goes instead of getting a coach who doesn't prioritize hiring his friends over assistants who can develop players?

Does anyone know where to find those play type stats now? NBA.com seems to have removed or moved them.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Point guard skills

But not the mindset. It hurts him as a player and the team as a whole when he’s forced to play pg.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
He started well, only then to go missing for 3 quarters. Totally invisible out there.

Why do we keep playing to his worst tendencies, he's atrocious in isolation. The coaching staff aren't doing him any favours.

Gotta be more objective.. If you were watching the game you would see that he wasn't trying to force his own offense, he was moving the ball as he should. They also went away from him and deferred to Beas..

Last edited by SocalDevin on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

He plays just fine as PG.. smh
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Nice disappearance act by Ingram after the 1st quarter, the other Ingram from the G-League could have provided more for the team.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

No he doesn't, he's a TO machine with the ball in his hands. Consistently makes terrible reads.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
Point guard skills

But not the mindset. It hurts him as a player and the team as a whole when he’s forced to play pg.

I was being sarcastic
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

You guys have zero objectivity.. He didn't disappear, he realized he couldn't single handedly beat the Jazz, I'm glad he didn't force anything.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

No he doesn’t but that’s not his fault. That’s not how he should be used.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

No he doesn't, he's a TO machine with the ball in his hands. Consistently makes terrible reads.

He's a turn over machine when he's doing too much iso, the position he plays while doing that is irrelevant.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
Point guard skills

I was being sarcastic

My bad. I feel like we should understand each other better at this point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1621, 1622, 1623 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1622 of 1885
Jump to: