OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 592, 593, 594 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
32 wrote:
I don't have i tunes. If anybody wants to give a summary that would be cool.

Quote:
NBA trade deadline preview: Former Atlanta GM Wes Wilcox and ESPN Front Office Insider @BobbyMarks42 on Anthony Davis’ future, superstar trade negotiations, a potentially strong buyout market and more.

Woj Pod: http://apple.co/2vm1oF0

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1084115483496980480

it was a snore-fest of a podcast tbh

Thanks for the summary.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I don’t believe you guys when you suggest no trades will happen, Magic is a competitive freak and Pelinka is a negotiator master those guys are gonna try to see what they can get in trade talks to help our team in the 2nd half of the season...

I have seen players like Vucevic and he would be a good addition, but also don’t forget there is still a chance we add someone like Ariza or even some guy we never talk about... I’m expecting something to happen via trade in the next couple of weeks.... the Lakers FO isn’t the same laid back FO from the previous regime, we are gonna do something.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t believe you guys when you suggest no trades will happen, Magic is a competitive freak and Pelinka is a negotiator master those guys are gonna try to see what they can get in trade talks to help our team in the 2nd half of the season...

I have seen players like Vucevic and he would be a good addition, but also don’t forget there is still a chance we add someone like Ariza or even some guy we never talk about... I’m expecting something to happen via trade in the next couple of weeks.... the Lakers FO isn’t the same laid back FO from the previous regime, we are gonna do something.

remember... it's when we hear no trades will happen....that it usually means...something big...is about to go down
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

remember... it's when we hear no trades will happen....that it usually means...something big...is about to go down

Exactly... when we made the Pau trade it happened when no one knew about it, so if the storm is quiet that means something is brewing.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You're so mean.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Really big 😂
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Exactly... when we made the Pau trade it happened when no one knew about it, so if the storm is quiet that means something is brewing.

Exactly...if they're not talking about trading for a guy...usually means they're about to trade for him.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Ok lets assume for a second that this trade is made for Vucevic (Lakers send Zubac, Wagner, Stephenson, 1st round pick).

How good do you feel about our chances of making the finals?

C - Vucevic, McGee, Chandler
F - Kuzma, Beasley
F - Bron, Hart, Svi
G - Ingram, KCP
G - Lonzo, Rondo

If fully healthy, our defense may take a slight hit with McGee out of the starting lineup. Our offense however becomes significantly better with Vucevic's ability to space the floor and pass as well as his efficiency scoring around the basket. He also becomes our go to guy for technical free throws.

I am just imagining how much it will open up driving lanes for the rest of our starters. I really think it puts us in position to really compete for a title. No guarantees we beat the Warriors or anyone out of the east but this deal could be just enough to get us through.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

(Basically) two first rounders for a rental?? Please no.

Vucevic shouldn't cost more than 2 2nd rounders. No team should cough up a first for Vucevic unless

A) he helps you win a title (he doesn't--not us anyway)
B) you're sending out 2019 salary (more than Moe Wagner's ~2 mil salary)
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
Ok lets assume for a second that this trade is made for Vucevic (Lakers send Zubac, Wagner, Stephenson, 1st round pick).

How good do you feel about our chances of making the finals?

C - Vucevic, McGee, Chandler
F - Kuzma, Beasley
F - Bron, Hart, Svi
G - Ingram, KCP
G - Lonzo, Rondo

If fully healthy, our defense may take a slight hit with McGee out of the starting lineup. Our offense however becomes significantly better with Vucevic's ability to space the floor and pass as well as his efficiency scoring around the basket. He also becomes our go to guy for technical free throws.

I am just imagining how much it will open up driving lanes for the rest of our starters. I really think it puts us in position to really compete for a title. No guarantees we beat the Warriors or anyone out of the east but this deal could be just enough to get us through.

nah... not enough to beat the Warriors at all. There are no realistic moves to make us championship contenders this year, that was a given ever since PG13 didnt sign with us. All moves should be to get us in the shape for next season.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
(Basically) two first rounders for a rental?? Please no.

Vucevic shouldn't cost more than 2 2nd rounders. No team should cough up a first for Vucevic unless

A) he helps you win a title (he doesn't--not us anyway)
B) you're sending out 2019 salary (more than Moe Wagner's ~2 mil salary)

Ya u don't give up 2 1st for a 2 month rental
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Any chance the Lakers show interest in DeMarre Carroll? He is basically a better version of Crowder and can help us with our defensive weakness.. though I’m not sure if he is on a expirer contract.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Exactly...if they're not talking about trading for a guy...usually means they're about to trade for him.

Yeah, if we make a trade for someone it will be within the time frame of no one talking about it so it will be more exciting once the trade goes down.. so if everything is quiet that means that the trade talks are heating up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Vuc would help us win a playoff round and maybe more depending on matchups. But against a healthy Warriors team he would be unplayable against their small ball lineups.

He would be a really helpful piece otherwise. I kind of like him but he has defensive limitations.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Haha. Apparently we are looking to trade for Willie Cauley-Stein then.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Is what ails the lakers something Vucevic solves? turnovers, missed FTs and missing wide open 3s?

Magic and Rob should looking for anyone that can shoot 3s. The amount they take and miss is startling

Turnovers is just the unfamiliarity with each other, injuries and the constant need to push pace when the break isn’t there.

If they find a couple knock down shooters in the g league or overseas they’ll be ok. Oh and when rondo comes back take the ball outta Ingram’s hands. He’s a turnover machine.

They will win their 43-45 games and maybe scare someone in the first round. Better than the last 4 years. #babysteps
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Vuc would help us win a playoff round and maybe more depending on matchups. But against a healthy Warriors team he would be unplayable against their small ball lineups.

He would be a really helpful piece otherwise. I kind of like him but he has defensive limitations.

Kuzma talked about using the small Ball death line up, that can work even if we add Vucevic we would just need to switch it up, people kept whining why we didn’t re-sign Brook Lopez, I think it’s because we are have a plan to trade for Vucevic...

Vucevic-McGee >>> Brook-McGee.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Is what ails the lakers something Vucevic solves? turnovers, missed FTs and missing wide open 3s?

Magic and Rob should looking for anyone that can shoot 3s. The amount they take and miss is startling

Turnovers is just the unfamiliarity with each other, injuries and the constant need to push pace when the break isn’t there.

If they find a couple knock down shooters in the g league or overseas they’ll be ok. Oh and when rondo comes back take the ball outta Ingram’s hands. He’s a turnover machine.

They will win their 43-45 games and maybe scare someone in the first round. Better than the last 4 years. #babysteps

One thing I have wondered — would getting a 3pt shooter help?

I’m not an Xs and Os guy, but, I question whether our lack of 3pt shooting is primarily a personnel issue, or a system issue.

It’s not like we get guys wide open looks that an elite shooter could knock down.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

I’m not an Xs and Os guy, but, I question whether our lack of 3pt shooting is primarily a personnel issue, or a system issue.

It’s not like we get guys wide open looks that an elite shooter could knock down.

We routinely get guys wide open looks, especially when Lebron and Rondo are playing. Not only that but defenses tend to play off us, because we can't shoot. It's a systems issue, Magic deliberately intended to build a team not reliant on shooting.

Also, getting a knock down 3 point shooter would help with spacing. As it stands when Lebron goes downhill the whole team converges on him because they don't respect the Lakers' ability to consistently knock down 3's (unless you're Portland).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

We routinely get guys wide open looks, especially when Lebron and Rondo are playing. Not only that but defenses tend to play off us, because we can't shoot. It's a systems issue, Magic deliberately intended to build a team not reliant on shooting.

Also, getting a knock down 3 point shooter would help with spacing. As it stands when Lebron goes downhill the whole team converges on him because they don't respect the Lakers' ability to consistently knock down 3's (unless you're Portland).

So why are most of the returning players shooting worse from 3?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

yeah I think in a series against GS, KCP is far more beneficial to chase Klay and Steph around.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

I’ve been thinking the same thing for a couple of weeks now. Brandon was trending up closer to 3 treys a game when Kenton was healthy, since he went down,... it doesn’t feel like Brandon regularly gets a single open three. In fact he feels like the guy who’s usually creating our open threes besides the occasional drive and kick from Kuz.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Vuc could be Bron's Pau Gasol.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

Bruh. These guys miss wide open 3s. Lonzo especially. I’m sure that’s the scouting report. Kcp a culprit as well.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Hoop Central
‏ @TheHoopCentral
34m34 minutes ago

The Suns and Magic are showing trade interest in Dennis Smith Jr, per @KevinOConnorNBA.

i would trade Hart +2nd for DSJ
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 592, 593, 594 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 593 of 8560
Jump to: