OFFICIAL PISS & MOAN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

yikes...a flaming pool of poo
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

We should keep all the negative, player-hating posts on this thread. I would like this board more.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
We should keep all the negative, player-hating posts on this thread. I would like this board m̶o̶r̶e̶.

I was with you until the very end
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

There is no really negative or positive. The team is just too young and coached really bad. Its not rocket science. You cant play with bunch of kids in NBA. Its actually really simple.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Wow... I can't with this team. Still too young? I can't watch any more. I'll be back when LaBron and Rondo comes back.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

I can't even listen to Stu and BillyMac in the not short enough intros into Spectrum pre and post game shows

How do you guys do it????
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Should've kept DLo...?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

I just can't get over how bad the content on Spectrum sports is...twitter and instagram their only friends
Worst of all fan knowledge but no TEAM knowledge
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

Luke can't Coach!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

We need to fire magic Johnson and try to get Jerry West back. I love magic as a player but not as an executive
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

Not sure if I’m ready to fire Magic and Luke yet but I am definitely looking for more from each of them.

Both are to blame for alienating and subsequently losing Randle, their biggest blunder.

IMO should have traded with Indiana Ingram for George.

Should have brought Lopez and Bryant back instead of Zubac, wouldn’t have needed Chandler panic emergency signing or tried the failed attempt of Kuzma at C.

Finally, Cousins instead of Beasly or Lance, either one take your pick. Even IT as 3rd PG for 1 yr 2 mil was a missed opportunity with little risk and huge potential.

The Lakers should be competing for a championship right tf now!😤
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Not sure if I’m ready to fire Magic and Luke yet but I am definitely looking for more from each of them.

Both are to blame for alienating and subsequently losing Randle, their biggest blunder.

IMO should have traded with Indiana Ingram for George.

Should have brought Lopez and Bryant back instead of Zubac, wouldn’t have needed Chandler panic emergency signing or tried the failed attempt of Kuzma at C.

Finally, Cousins instead of Beasly or Lance, either one take your pick. Even IT as 3rd PG for 1 yr 2 mil was a missed opportunity with little risk and huge potential.

The Lakers should be competing for a championship right tf now!😤

should have hired Jerry West from the get go. Magic sucks as an executive I wish i could slap him upside his giant smiling dome
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Should've kept DLo...?

He just laid 34 points on the Celtics as Brooklyn beat the green slime last night.

Yeah, it's just that hellhole Brooklyn though. That hellhole 7th seed possibly playoff bound Brooklyn...
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

DLo is playing well for sure. Surprised by his success due to perceptions about work ethic and athleticism.

However, Even if he becomes MVP the trade was a great trade for the Lakers at the time.
- Dumping $20 mil from Moz thru Lopez was the most significant cap space clear-out to sign LeBron
- got 27th draft pic
- used 27th draft pic to select Kuzma (please don’t, please, just listing what really happened).

Don’t understand why we didn’t bring Lopez back for $3.5mil, he played well for us, would have made a great trade even better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

DLo is playing well for sure. Surprised by his success due to perceptions about work ethic and athleticism.

However, Even if he becomes MVP the trade was a great trade for the Lakers at the time.
- Dumping $20 mil from Moz thru Lopez was the most significant cap space clear-out to sign LeBron
- got 27th draft pic
- used 27th draft pic to select Kuzma (please don’t, please, just listing what really happened).

Don’t understand why we didn’t bring Lopez back for $3.5mil, he played well for us, would have made a great trade even better.

Well, or you can say that the Moz cap saving is for the max FA to be, as we would have had enough cap space to sign LBJ outright if we stretched Deng (which we did).
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Yep, you’re right, add either LeBron or another max FA to Kuzma plus one year of Lopez’s services to help young core compete is well worth DLo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

Yep, you’re right, add either LeBron or another max FA to Kuzma plus one year of Lopez’s services to help young core compete is well worth DLo.

Ironically, you could have had LBJ, Kuz, the same young core right now.

Of course we wouldn't have a max FA for 2019, but there's a chance that max FA doesn't even come either.

But it's over so it is what it is.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

I'm not excited about any of our young guys. I see every single one of them as good role players at best.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

Depressingly we could have had LBJ Kuz the same young core plus Randle, Cousins, Lopez, and still add McGee KCP Lance Rondo. I actually preferred Bryant to Zubac. Without breaking a sweat Magic could have had us competing for a championship THIS year. Actually had to work hard to mess it up.

Who dumps their hyper athelitic leading scorer and rebounder playing FC when we need an FC while said player (Randle) was currently locked in at 1 year 5.6mil? That’s not a mistake that is incompetence on the level of Moz Deng. How do we not have the team below?

Lopez/Cousins McGee Bryant
LeBron Randle Wagner
Kuzma KCP
Ingram Hart Sivi
Ball Rondo IT
Sytze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

Depressingly we could have had LBJ Kuz the same young core plus Randle, Cousins, Lopez, and still add McGee KCP Lance Rondo. I actually preferred Bryant to Zubac. Without breaking a sweat Magic could have had us competing for a championship THIS year. Actually had to work hard to mess it up.

Who dumps their hyper athelitic leading scorer and rebounder playing FC when we need an FC while said player (Randle) was currently locked in at 1 year 5.6mil? That’s not a mistake that is incompetence on the level of Moz Deng. How do we not have the team below?

Lopez/Cousins McGee Bryant
LeBron Randle Wagner
Kuzma KCP
Ingram Hart Sivi
Ball Rondo IT

While in theory this would have been a great team, we need to remember that Randle was looking for a payday and he wanted to start, not stay on the bench due to Walton's mind games. The same can be said of IT, the guy was good, not great, in his short stint with us but he had some glaring issues in his game including defense which would only hamper us even more. Add in the fact that he was also seeking a better role and payday, there is no doubt that both IT and Randle leaving were just meant to be. Why we did not sign Cousins and or keep Lopez is still something I cannot fathom.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

DLO >>>>> Kuzma
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I’ve heard that about Randle before, payday and wanted to start but since he got neither in New Orleans that seems not to be true.

Not saying I know what it was, the whole thing makes no sense to me, but payday and playing time, the most frequent reasons given are false narratives imo. If Randle can get sufficient playing time comimg off the bench behind AD and Mirotic he could have had sufficient playing time behind LBJ and Javale.

The most puzzling part is that we needed a C and back up PF and had Randle for cheap.

Side note: Even if DLo is better than Kuzma, which is highly debatable especially for 4 year vs 2 year player DLo <<<<< value Lakers got in trade:
1 cap for FA max,
2 Kuzma,
3 Lopez.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Why do so many of our young players seem to have such a losing mentality? Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, Ball, etc.

Is it something wrong with the organization or does losing so much just lead to this culture?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I did say not to sign a 34 year old perennial finals loser. This won't be the only nagging injury.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Tanking creates the losing mentality and thus a losing culture. It’s hard to shake.

Story on that:

After losing a game with one more to go before the All Star break, Lou Williams said he was thankful we had another game left because losing hurt so bad you want to play again as soon as possible to win to get rid of the feeling. Having to go through the break coming off a loss would be too painful. This concept is one thing vets teach new guys...how to get the hunger to win.

Well, despite Lou’s advice the Lakers were blown out the next game by the only team in the league with a worst record. When Ingram was asked how they could lose to Phoenix by 30+ his response was that they were thinking about the break they would get.

If you can extract the point from the story, losing is a mindset. Lou’s response gives you an idea how a winner or non loser thinks, Ingram’s that of a loser or non winner. Losers and youngsters that haven’t learned to win or have not developed the necessary hate for losing have a losing mentality indicated by blowing large leads, get behind early, lose games they should win. Winning hasn’t become as desirable as it should and losing isnt as painful because Our young guys have never been taught or learned how to win or stop being losers cause all we’ve done is tank and shuffle out possible mentor vets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 17 of 29
Jump to: