Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
adkindo wrote:
and the portal gets larger by the day....

Quote:
Eric Bailey Verified account
@EricBaileyTW

BREAKING: Oklahoma backup quarterback Austin Kendall is entering the transfer portal, exploring options to leave the #Sooners.

1:50 PM - 11 Jan 2019

That's surprising. Not sure who else Oklahoma has, but I would think he would be the front runner to start next season.

he could stay....but they have the #1 QB in the country coming in this year. He is likely angry at Riley. The kid came to Oklahoma to be Bakers backup for a year. Then Riley brought in Murray. Kendall was Bakers backup his Freshman season...then Baker got a waiver to play another season....so Kendall redshirted and Murray was Bakers backup. Murray stays around another year, and Kendall returns to use another year backing him up. Now finally it appears he will get his chance to start at Oklahoma....he stayed and was a good soldier...then Riley is in contact with Hurts and Tate Martell this week.

I do not blame these kids.....because these college programs have no loyalty.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Sources: Steve Sarkisian turns down Cardinals to rejoin Alabama

Quote:
The Arizona Cardinals offered Steve Sarkisian the offensive coordinator position, but he instead has agreed to return to Alabama to work on Nick Saban's staff, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Saturday.

LINK
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I can see why he would choose Bama over the Cardinals......Bama will pretty much be in contention year in and year out, and he keeps his name out there for a head coaching job if they win more championships. The Cards, we dunno how that experiment will work, it could end up badly or revitalize the franchise.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I can see why he would choose Bama over the Cardinals......Bama will pretty much be in contention year in and year out, and he keeps his name out there for a head coaching job if they win more championships. The Cards, we dunno how that experiment will work, it could end up badly or revitalize the franchise.

And they will also pay really well, I'd have to assume. Perhaps not Brent Venables-well, but well enough!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

Tate Martell is on his first official visit since entering the transfer portal.....headed down them "country roads"....

LINK
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Tate Martell is on his first official visit since entering the transfer portal.....headed down them "country roads"....

LINK

Hope he ends up with your team. I have no problem with the kid. Most believe Day is getting away from RPO's.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:
adkindo wrote:

LINK

Hope he ends up with your team. I have no problem with the kid. Most believe Day is getting away from RPO's.

thanks...we need him. I was hopeful blue chip Miami transfer Jack Allison could take over for Will Grier, but he looked nothing like a blue chip QB in our bowl game.

I have always been more in line with schools living with their recruiting decisions and player remaining loyal to the school they gave a commitment. That has changed since the schools have began to treat transfer season as a free agency....not hesitating to bring in someone over guys that have been in the program. If schools are not going to remain true to their commitment, then I can not expect players to remain loyal to the schools they committed to. I am not sure this new trend of transferring is good or bad....but right now it is what it is.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

QB Brandon Wimbush headed to UCF as grad transfer

Quote:
Former Notre Dame starting quarterback Brandon Wimbush is joining Central Florida as a graduate transfer for the 2019 season, he announced on social media on Tuesday.

LINK
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

7th-grade QB Isaiah Marshall gets scholarship offer from Michigan

Quote:
Isaiah Marshall, a seventh-grade quarterback at MacArthur Academy in Southfield, Michigan, has been offered a scholarship to play at Michigan, according to his father, Brian.

Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh extended the offer after watching tape of the 13-year-old signal-caller while visiting the school searching for high school prospects at Southfield High. Brian Marshall coaches running backs along with his brother, Aaron, who also is the offensive coordinator at Southfield.

LINK

this always works out well.....and that offer is not worth the paper it is written on
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:
adkindo wrote:

LINK

damnit....

Quote:
Vince Sapienza Verified account
@VinceSapienza

BREAKING:
Per sources, Bishop Gorman grad, and Ohio St. backup QB Tate Martell will be transferring to the University of Miami

Official announcement coming tomorrow
@BishopGormanHS @BishopGormanFB @CanesFootball
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:
adkindo wrote:

LINK

damnit....

Quote:
Vince Sapienza Verified account
@VinceSapienza

BREAKING:
Per sources, Bishop Gorman grad, and Ohio St. backup QB Tate Martell will be transferring to the University of Miami

Official announcement coming tomorrow
@BishopGormanHS @BishopGormanFB @CanesFootball

yeah, I think he has some old Bishop Gorman teammates there. I wanted to see what kind of #'s he would put up in the Big12. Then again, outside of Clemson the ACC is not very good.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Huskers wrote:
Hearing Jalen Hurts name now appears in the transfer portal.

wish he would transfer to WVU....he is good enough to make us competitive next season in the Big12

Hurts in a Chip Kelly attack? I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Also, I posted in the NFL thread, but Kyler Murray is expected to declare for the NFL Draft. Unless he tests terribly with how he throws (nothing he can do about his height), I am guessing he's better than 50/50 to be picked in the first round.

So what you are saying is Hurts to Oklahoma to replace Murray. I can see it.

We will see it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Apparently OU is preventing Kendall from transferring to West Virginia as a graduate transfer. We are going to have a very unhappy adkindo.

Jake Trotter

Verified account

@Jake_Trotter
Follow
Follow @Jake_Trotter

More
As it pursues Alabama grad transfer quarterback Jalen Hurts, OU is blocking Austin Kendall from becoming immediately eligible at West Virginia as a grad transfer, multiple sources told ESPN.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Apparently OU is preventing Kendall from transferring to West Virginia as a graduate transfer. We are going to have a very unhappy adkindo.

Jake Trotter

Verified account

@Jake_Trotter
Follow
Follow @Jake_Trotter

More
As it pursues Alabama grad transfer quarterback Jalen Hurts, OU is blocking Austin Kendall from becoming immediately eligible at West Virginia as a grad transfer, multiple sources told ESPN.

not pleased at first, but I quickly saw how fast the national media began to hammer Oklahoma, and knew we were on a countdown for them to change their position. Reports are he is supposed to enroll today or tomorrow.....tomorrow is actually the last day to enroll to be eligible for the Spring, so I hope the reports are accurate.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Jake Trotter

Verified account

@Jake_Trotter
Follow
Follow @Jake_Trotter

More

not pleased at first, but I quickly saw how fast the national media began to hammer Oklahoma, and knew we were on a countdown for them to change their position. Reports are he is supposed to enroll today or tomorrow.....tomorrow is actually the last day to enroll to be eligible for the Spring, so I hope the reports are accurate.
OU never blocked him. He is a grad transfer that can go anywhere he wants to. But B12 rules state if you transfer within the conference you have to sit out a year. Baker had to sit out a year as well even though he wasn't on a scholarship. OU was actually the first B12 school to actually dismiss a student so they wouldn't have to sit out a year as a favor to AK.

---George Carlin
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Jake Trotter

Verified account

@Jake_Trotter
Follow
Follow @Jake_Trotter

More

OU never blocked him. He is a grad transfer that can go anywhere he wants to. But B12 rules state if you transfer within the conference you have to sit out a year. Baker had to sit out a year as well even though he wasn't on a scholarship. OU was actually the first B12 school to actually dismiss a student so they wouldn't have to sit out a year as a favor to AK.

Appears you are attempting to play a game of semantics. Yes, OU was unable to prevent him from transferring to WVU, but only OU was able to provide him a waiver to play immediately within conference which they refused to do initially. Their refusal to provide the waiver is why Kendall and/or WVU leaked this story to Trotter (ESPN) and Oklahoma was blasted for their hypocrisy. If not for the national outrage, and the Big12 stepping in behind the scenes, Riley would have refused Kendall the waiver.

The needed waiver for in conference Grad Transfers rule is likely to become null very soon in the Big12 because of Oklahoma's actions. They brought in multiple transfers in over Kendall, and his response was to keep his head down, continue to work and obtain his degree. At that point, the kid should be able to play where ever he chooses and the school should have zero control over the athlete. Oklahoma's claim for not providing the waiver was ridiculous.....in that it would give WVU an advantage since Kendall knows the playbook. This is not some Brady Bunch episode where Marsha's boyfriend steals Gregs playbook. Coaches leave and bounce around within conference every year, and they are far more familiar with play calls and schemes than any player. Just recently, an OU coach left for UCLA....and guess who is on OU's schedule next season?

Here is the truth of what happened. Everyone watching is playing checkers while Riley was playing chess. Riley wanted Hurts, and it had nothing to do with Kendall, but everything to do with Spencer Rattler. Riley knew that since Rattler is not enrolling until the Summer, Kendall would likely win the starting job. A few years ago, that is fine.....but Riley could not risk Kendall playing well enough to have any claim to the starting position the following year.....because fear of Rattler transferring. The solution was to bring in Hurts who he thinks he can win the Big12 with, and have Kendall as the ultimate insurance policy next season in case Hurts gets injured. Then, hand the keys over to Red Shirt Freshman and all world recruit Spencer Rattler for 3-4 years. Rattler is more talented than Hurts or Kendall, but because he could not enroll early, it kind of caused an issue for next season. In the current climate, Riley could not be sure Rattler does not bounce even if he thought there was a chance he would be on the bench for two seasons.

Things are at a very big moment of change in college football as it related to transferring....and I think teams will have to adjust how they recruit. For example, is Oklahoma better off recruiting another blue chip QB for the 2020 class, or a really solid 3-lower 4 Star kid who is unlikely to want to transfer as soon as they realize they are stuck behind Rattler? Justin Fields talked a big game last year committing to UGA.....then he realized that he was not taking the job from Fromm and exited. He became just wasted time and effort of the part of UGA.....but maybe if they had recruited a less high profile lower 4 Star QB knowing Fromm would be around for a few years, the kid may be more likely to stay and develop.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sources: Steve Sarkisian turns down Cardinals to rejoin Alabama

Quote:
The Arizona Cardinals offered Steve Sarkisian the offensive coordinator position, but he instead has agreed to return to Alabama to work on Nick Saban's staff, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Saturday.

LINK

Sark was terrible for the Falcolns, he needs to go back to college with the uneven playing field of loaded teams vs unloaded teams where he can have success.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

something ironic about USC replacing Kingsbury with Graham Harrell as OC....but at the same time makes perfect sense.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

NCAA penalizes Missouri football, baseball and softball for academic fraud

Quote:
The football, baseball and softball programs will also have a five-percent reduction in scholarships for the 2019-20 academic year. They also will have a seven-week ban on unofficial visits, a 12.5-percent reduction in official visits and evaluation days, and a seven-week ban on recruiting communications and off-campus recruiting evaluation days.

LINK
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

Former Big 12 president proposes strategic alliance with the Pac-12: The conferences should embrace the future together

Quote:
“This alliance of 22 universities from the Great Plains to the West Coast would provide the vital content of big-time football games that dovetail nicely with the new developing platforms of information.”

Wefald’s proposal calls for all 30 of the Big 12’s non-conference games and for 30 of the Pac-12’s 36 out-of-league games to be played against each other.

The matchups would be spread evenly across the season (10 per month) with the winners of each conference meeting at the end of the regular season for a championship game, which would rotate between the Rose Bowl and AT&T Stadium.

LINK

I do not think this sounds like a good idea at all for any of the schools, but it would be terrible for WVU. It would take away all school autonomy for the non-con schedule. That just can't happen for WVU....we do not recruit traditional Big12 and PAC12 regions. Our non-con schedule over the next 10 years is full of ACC and SEC schools because that is where we recruit....Pitt, Maryland, Virginia Tech, NC State, Alabama, Florida State.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

If you think of it as a starting point for a concept, it’s interesting. But the initial idea does not seem likely to gain traction.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

NCAA strengthens targeting rules, limits OTs

Quote:
The change to targeting makes it a so-called "progressive penalty," meaning that players who commit three targeting fouls in the same season could face a one-game suspension. Under the current rules, players who commit targeting are ejected from that game and are required to miss the first half of the next game if the penalty occurred in the second half (there is no further suspension when the penalty occurs in the first half).

Quote:
The committee also approved a change to overtime, deciding that if a game reaches a fifth overtime, teams will no longer trade off starts at the opponent's 25-yard line. Instead, teams will run alternating two-points conversions until a winner is determined.

Also, a two-minute rest period will be added after the second and fourth overtimes.

LINK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40
Jump to: