Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 707, 708, 709 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Very interesting game plans the last 2 games.
Good stuff.

My favorite part is giving the Rockets 2 free points in a game that went to overtime.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Good stuff.

My favorite part is giving the Rockets 2 free points in a game that went to overtime.

I'm not anti Luke, but I despise any coach who intentionally gets technical fouls to inspire his team. Those points don't help you and at the end of regulation when Eric Gordon made that shot, those 2 free throws were the difference makers.

This is a demoralizing loss.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Good stuff.

I'm not anti Luke, but I despise any coach who intentionally gets technical fouls to inspire his team. Those points don't help you and at the end of regulation when Eric Gordon made that shot those 2 free throws were the difference makers.

You could argue that we only had a shot because he inspired the team to stay in it. Didnt love that he did it when he did tho, but there is a time, a way, and a place for it imo
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Good stuff.

My favorite is the stupid ass inbound plays that cost this team wins or just sitting on Zu for most of the first half.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Does Luke lead coaches for techs this year?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Another great game. Would have won if Gordon didn't make that lucky off balanced 3-pointer at the end. Let's hope GSW will be another close contest or even blow them out again!! Why not?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

It’s a good game plan and execution overall
TheBongLord
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:

...Did you miss the most important inbound play of the season for the Lakers or what? If that's "execution" to you than it's already too late.

Last edited by TheBongLord on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:

Well the gameplan seemed to be defend Harden and leave everyone else open.

It worked for 2+ quarters then the Rockets started hitting their 3's.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Not on Luke, this loss was on his stupid ass assistants, and the crappy out of timeout planning - which has been an issue all year. No one guarding the inbounds on the last play of regulation, Hart inbounding in OT, and designing a play to get the ball into the tightest part of the court. Idiots.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Sina wrote:

Well the gameplan seemed to be defend Harden and leave everyone else open.

It worked for 2+ quarters then the Rockets started hitting their 3's.

Terrible job by Shaw. Should have switch Harden with Ingram. Harden was getting any shot he wanted against KCP and Shaw failed to make an adjustment.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Good stuff.

I'm not anti Luke, but I despise any coach who intentionally gets technical fouls to inspire his team. Those points don't help you and at the end of regulation when Eric Gordon made that shot those 2 free throws were the difference makers.

You could argue that we only had a shot because he inspired the team to stay in it. Didnt love that he did it when he did tho, but there is a time, a way, and a place for it imo
In rebuttal to that argument, I'd say watch the film and see if they seemed more inspired afterwards. They had already been playing well and inspired. Their motivation wasn't likely to improve at that point. How much more motivated could they be in a game of runs on the road?

For years we've been reminded that Auerbach did that purposely, but I've never personally noticed it inspiring any team, and never believed in, or agreed with putting a team in position to overcome bad calls or a hostile environment by giving the opponent free points.

When NFL players get mad and get a penalty, he gets called out for hurting the team and being selfish. Those t's hurt the team and were short sighted.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Another great game. Would have won if Gordon didn't make that lucky off balanced 3-pointer at the end. Let's hope GSW will be another close contest or even blow them out again!! Why not?
No point guard. I'm the first to think they can beat the Warriors, but Kuzma, and the rest of the offense struggles without a real pg.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

TheBongLord wrote:
Sina wrote:

...Did you miss the most important inbound play of the season for the Lakers or what? If that's "execution" to you than it's already too late.

which one? the last play? you blaming luke for a play he had nothing to do with because he was in the locker room?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Good stuff.

In rebuttal to that argument, I'd say watch the film and see if they seemed more inspired afterwards. They had already been playing well and inspired. Their motivation wasn't likely to improve at that point. How much more motivated could they be in a game of runs on the road?

For years we've been reminded that Auerbach did that purposely, but I've never personally noticed it inspiring any team, and never believed in, or agreed with putting a team in position to overcome bad calls or a hostile environment by giving the opponent free points.

When NFL players get mad and get a penalty, he gets called out for hurting the team and being selfish. Those t's hurt the team and were short sighted.

I’m not saying I thought they were inspired. Maybe they were, maybe not. Maybe we would have been even more inspired with Luke there and eeked out a win.

But those two FTs didn’t happen near the end so they weren’t the difference anymore than Svi’s blocked layup was.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

luke just said he said thats funny after he got T'd up and got ejected
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Good stuff.

I’m not saying I thought they were inspired. Maybe they were, maybe not. Maybe we would have been even more inspired with Luke there and eeked out a win.

But those two FTs didn’t happen near the end so they weren’t the difference anymore than Svi’s blocked layup was.
Call it a difference in viewpoints. In my mind those 2 unnecessary points were on the board at the end of the game, and the Lakers were unable to overcome that gift, so they made a difference.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Good stuff.

Don't you hate Luke? So doesn't surprise me.
Hope you were happy when the team was up cuz the Lakers were using a different defensive scheme that the coaching staff decided to use. You weren't rooting against them right? Heh.

Anyway don't think he wanted to get tossed

Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Luke Walton said he deserved first technical, but was surprised by second. Said he told officials they were “funny,” then got tossed. “I’ve heard a lot worse,” he said. “I’ve said a lot worse.”

Scheme almost worked. Losing Ball and not having our 3 smartest players/ball handlers on the court hurt. But loved the fight our team made the last 2 games on the road.

The team seems to be running some weak side actions at times. So hopefully coaching staff is adding more things in. Hopefully cranky mcbasketball tweets about it tonight to see if we are or not.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

Gotta say, he outcoached D'Antoni last night... kinda wish he helped out Kuz get open in the 4th/OT and tell the kids to crash the board harder in the 3rd (I guess it was Shaw) but overall, good coaching
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

The Rockets were LUCKY. Great job by our guys.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Call it a difference in viewpoints. In my mind those 2 unnecessary points were on the board at the end of the game, and the Lakers were unable to overcome that gift, so they made a difference.

Sure. And in some people's minds they hear voices that aren't actually there.

Fact is his ejection and the 2 FTs happened with 6 mins to go in a game where we led by 5 even after the made free throws.

We actually increased that lead to 10 by the middle of the 4th quarter.

So ... yeah. We can blame the refs, the technicals, Svi's missed layups, Beasley's shorts malfunction, but yeah.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I don't think GS can be beat without a point guard. I like Ingram as a 3rd or 4th PG but not if he's the main playmaker. We'll be leaning on Lance, and that's never a good thing.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Lost an 18pt lead and u r worried about him giving 2 techs?
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Seriously done with this idiot. Magic and Pelinka need to give him the axe or Jeanie needs to gtfo with her personal feelings.

What was that lineup start the 4th? An all bench lineup that had no firepower. Getting out coached by an interim.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Straight up dumbass. Goes small against KAT and Gibson while they're getting outrebounded to death. No Tyson Chandler in sight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 707, 708, 709 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 708 of 818
Jump to: