LAKERS -at- ROCKETS – 1-19-19 - Game Thread (5:30PM PT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Damn I hate Houston and Harden with a passion.

Lucky we were missing our whole team
No LeBron
No Rondo
Lonzo goes out
Luke goes out
Zu goes out

😤😤😤
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I had fun!!! good game..time for a nightcap

tick tock tick tock it's effin nine o'clock
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

No LeBron
No Rondo
Lonzo goes out
Luke goes out
Zu goes out

😤😤😤

I wouldn't use the word lucky here
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

No LeBron
No Rondo
Lonzo goes out
Luke goes out
Zu goes out

😤😤😤

Just be happy with the fact that Harden will probably have 10 TO games in the playoffs when the refs lets you put some pressure on him.

Harden shoots 42% from the field and 32% from 3 during PO's

In other words he (bleep) sucks and chokes.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

We shot only 27% from 3 and still could of won. Normally these kind of games we get buried. Glad we had some poise and some good offense at the end.

Last edited by chantruong on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is better with playmakers, Ingram is better without them. Took a couple miracle threes for Houston to win it. KCPs airball three was tough to watch. He really hadn't shot all game that wasn't the time to start.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
I will always choose a finisher over a starter which is why I would choose Ingram over Kuzma. It's not how you start but how you finish.

This team can build something with Zubac and Ingram if they continue to work on the things that can be taught. The both of them know how to finish and that's innate.

Just offer those other players for something better.

BI hit some nice OT shots and all of a sudden he is a finisher? I guess we'll just ignore his play in countless other 4th quarters this season. Im not trying to put BI down, but I find it hard to believe anyone who has watched the Lakers this season has come to the conclusion that he is a late-game closer.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

hate to burst bubble but CP0 and capela were also out
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
hate to burst bubble but CP0 and capela were also out

LBJ >>>> CP3 + Capela
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

some really valuable learning moments tonight...have to give Luke credit. I thought he lost the team there for a second but he has everyone competing now.

Next step is when you start to see EVERYONE diving for loose balls
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
This one is hitting the Lakers hard. I didn’t talk to everyone in the locker room but struck me that Josh Hart and Ivica Zubac were really hard on themselves in the postgame interviews.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1086852494356107265
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
some really valuable learning moments tonight...have to give Luke credit. I thought he lost the team there for a second but he has everyone competing now.

The kids did compete tonight but let's not get carried away here and start riding Luke's jock.

The lack of an offensive play system still hurts the Lakers when they go into ISO mode. It still hurts that the Lakers can't run a viable out of bounds play from a time out. The wonky lineups are still a huge problem with the lack of success. It's basically as if they coaches want to give the team every possible disadvantage possible to see if they'll survive.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
Quote:
This one is hitting the Lakers hard. I didn’t talk to everyone in the locker room but struck me that Josh Hart and Ivica Zubac were really hard on themselves in the postgame interviews.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1086852494356107265

I feel for them.....they had the game won....that one is going to sting for a while.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

They shot 68 3s lmao
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

At full strength the Lakers are better than any team in the West except for GSW. They can beat anyone in a 7 game series. The kids are starting to get it.

The issue is availability. It’s part of the game so you have to be durable. They may miss the playoffs because of the durability issues.

However, no team outside of GSW will beat them in the playoffs...Stephen A is correct.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

It took me some time........a very hazy room, and a couple of shots of Patron.....to come up with....."a very encouraging loss".…but still...OW!!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

The kids did compete tonight but let's not get carried away here and start riding Luke's jock.

The lack of an offensive play system still hurts the Lakers when they go into ISO mode. It still hurts that the Lakers can't run a viable out of bounds play from a time out. The wonky lineups are still a huge problem with the lack of success. It's basically as if they coaches want to give the team every possible disadvantage possible to see if they'll survive.

He's getting a depleted team to play at a high level like it or not
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
At full strength the Lakers are better than any team in the West except for GSW. They can beat anyone in a 7 game series. The kids are starting to get it.

The issue is availability. It’s part of the game so you have to be durable. They may miss the playoffs because of the durability issues.

However, no team outside of GSW will beat them in the playoffs...Stephen A is correct.
TheBongLord
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Dawg... how many beers deep are you?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

TheBongLord wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

people still use bongs lord?
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

High level, like not having a decent out of bounds play?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

he does remind me of PJ in that regard
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

TheBongLord wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Sober. Full strength no one other than GSW beats them.

Rockets? They won’t get all the BS calls in the playoffs.
OKC? Sixers West. Overrated with flaws.
Nuggets? paper tiger regular season team.
Blazers? We know their track record
Utah? One player to shutdown.
Spurs?
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Phil was pretty frustrating as a coach at times, but can't argue with the overall results.

He also had a plan and stuck with it. He would implement the triangle and had the foremost expert on the offense to teach it to the players. He didn't bail out the players with timeouts because he wanted them to use the training they were given.

But truth be told, Kobe and MJ didn't need the triangle. The triangle was really for the rest of the players, for the "non-superstars" to give them something to do. Kobe and MJ could just take over the game on their own.

Problem is Luke hasn't installed an offense yet (after three years!!!!). And if he tried, he doesn't have a Tex Winter to implement it. Without an established offense, the Lakers have problems executing simple actions and often resort to ISO ball.

Likewise Lebron doesn't need an "offense" but the other players do. Otherwise they stand around and just watch while Lebron does his thing. There's some basic stuff they run but most of the time they just stand still.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Phil was pretty frustrating as a coach at times, but can't argue with the overall results.

He also had a plan and stuck with it. He would implement the triangle and had the foremost expert on the offense to teach it to the players. He didn't bail out the players with timeouts because he wanted them to use the training they were given.

But truth be told, Kobe and MJ didn't need the triangle. The triangle was really for the rest of the players, for the "non-superstars" to give them something to do. Kobe and MJ could just take over the game on their own.

Problem is Luke hasn't installed an offense yet (after three years!!!!). And if he tried, he doesn't have a Tex Winter to implement it. Without an established offense, the Lakers have problems executing simple actions and often resort to ISO ball.

Likewise Lebron doesn't need an "offense" but the other players do. Otherwise they stand around and just watch while Lebron does his thing. There's some basic stuff they run but most of the time they just stand still.

I agree and as much as I loved PJ I would rather try the 'install the d first' philosophy now the way the association is

PJ never practiced defense and it was frustrating but it worked...I'm giving Luke's 'these guys having been playing offense all their lives' philosophy some time to simmer.
He will fine tune it in the playoffs .... I hope
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 86 of 87
Jump to: