'He Has the Highest Value': Kyle Kuzma Emerging as Lakers' Best Young Talent

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: 'He Has the Highest Value': Kyle Kuzma Emerging as Lakers' Best Young Talent

Hey All,

A couple of articles here - Ingram is polarizing among fans and he's polarizing among executives - here's a former GM who has isn't sold on BI, but very high on Kuzma, Lonzo:

'He Has the Highest Value': Kyle Kuzma Emerging as Lakers' Best Young Talent https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816614-he-has-the-highest-value-kyle-kuzma-emerging-as-lakers-best-young-talent

Also, as fallback, Cousins?
Latest @BleacherReport Which Warriors Star Would Jump Ship for Lakers in 2019 Free Agency? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816651-which-warriors-star-would-jump-ship-for-lakers-in-2019-free-agency

Cheers,

Eric
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Nice piece Emplay, thanks!

I'm starting to wonder if we could win a title with Kuzma as our second guy as soon as next year and simply signing a 3 and D guy who can get 15-18 points a game as a third option with our cap space. Kuzma was playing just as well in December way before Lebron got hurt.

I really doubt we will sign a top tier free agent this summer, and right now I'm not confident about successfully trading for Anthony Davis.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

It's crazy to think that Kuz could be the key piece to get AD in a possible trade. It's good to see him get the recognition he deserves.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
It's crazy to think that Kuz could be the key piece to get AD in a possible trade. It's good to see him get the recognition he deserves.

But if AD were available, would you really trade Kuz to get him, especially knowing that Ingram isn't a great fit with Lebron? We'd still need a third star or good player, so would Ingram be able to play well next to two ball-dominant superstars?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
32 wrote:

But if AD were available, would you really trade Kuz to get him, especially knowing that Ingram isn't a great fit with Lebron? We'd still need a third star or good player, so would Ingram be able to play well next to two ball-dominant superstars?

I think Ingram would likely be included in the trade. I don't want to see Kuz traded because like you said he fits well with Lebron. I hope we can get KD or KL in free agency and keep Kuz. That would be ideal. Or some way of trading for AD without including Kuz but that is unlikely.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"I'm not an Ingram guy. I don't like the inefficiency and style of play," he said. "I respect the scoring ability, but he doesn't separate with a live ball and hasn't shown to be a consistent three-point shooter. We know how much that hurts [in today's game]. He's a good finisher and gets to the line. Defensively he's brutal, and with his style of play and lack of shooting, I'm probably lowest on him."

I hadn't heard that one before. Maybe he's just watching his closeouts lately.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

Perhaps Ivica Zubac is "Emerging as Lakers' Best Young Talent" even over Kuz.

Zubac is 21. Kuzma is 23. There's still time.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma’s function is similar to Thompson who play off-ball and complements superstar teammate(s) well.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Kuzma’s function is similar to Thompson who play off-ball and complements superstar teammate(s) well.

Yeah. I like Kuz a lot and he is fun to watch when he is on, and he will undoubtedly improve his D and his playmaking and rebounding. But Ball, with my eyes, seems to have the most unique upside. He does stuff that consistently changes places.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

JM wrote:
Sina wrote:

Yeah. I like Kuz a lot and he is fun to watch when he is on, and he will undoubtedly improve his D and his playmaking and rebounding. But Ball, with my eyes, seems to have the most unique upside. He does stuff that consistently changes places.

I agree! Obviously, Kuz is a gifted scorer who is improving on D but I love Ball's upside as a visionary point guard much more. At his age, his basketball IQ is so high I can't wait to see what he looks like in 2-3 years after he has spent multiple seasons with Bron
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Kuzma is not a good defender, but [he's] not as much of a liability as [Brandon] Ingram.

Surprised by this statement
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
"Kuzma is not a good defender, but [he's] not as much of a liability as [Brandon] Ingram.

Surprised by this statement

I think Ingram's D is really overrated, but yeah.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: