OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1661, 1662, 1663 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

and with that I gone for the night
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
Can someone explain to me why Kuzma has a much higher PER if Ingram is a better player?

Can someone explain to me why PER matters?

I honestly can't. I thought it was an important stat that just in cooperated many aspects of the game.

Like many advanced stats the raw numbers matter, it is the subjective interpretations that are of question.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

There's only one man to blame: Klay Thomson
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Can someone explain to me why Kuzma has a much higher PER if Ingram is a better player?

Because he’s more efficient? Just a guess.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Trash Kuzma was guarding Klay Thompson lmao, of course he would break an NBA record with Trash Kuzma in front of him lmao
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Naw, 2. The person that was guarding him.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I keep repeating this sentiment because honestly, I feel like I have so much crow to eat.

I hated on Randle (except for his last year with us)
I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.
I gave some (bleep) on Kuz being a chucker.
But I always defended Ingram and gave him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had crazy potential.

I used to think GT had some hidden agenda and hate towards BI (rookie/soph year) but honestly, everything he was saying is true. What exactly is BI good at? Call the numbers, compare it to [player]'s [insert age/year] where BI's stat are better but he clearly fails the eye test and has no real impact on a game.

I think he's just in love with the drip/LA lifestyle and maybe he really does love basketball but all that practicing, drills, etc does not translate on the court. It's crazy, there's not one thing he excels at.

BI will put up decent stats on a bad team as the number 1/2/3 guy. On a championship team, he's the 6th man running the second unit or the 7th guy coming in to play a role.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
I keep repeating this sentiment because honestly, I feel like I have so much crow to eat.

I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.
But I always defended Ingram and gave him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had crazy potential.

I used to think GT had some hidden agenda and hate towards BI (rookie/soph year) but honestly, everything he was saying is true. What exactly is BI good at? Call the numbers, compare it to [player]'s [insert age/year] where BI's stat are better but he clearly fails the eye test and has no real impact on a game.

I think he's just in love with the drip/LA lifestyle and maybe he really does love basketball but all that practicing, drills, etc does not translate on the court. It's crazy, there's not one thing he excels at.

BI will put up decent stats on a bad team as the number 1/2/3 guy. On a championship team, he's the 6th man running the second unit or the 7th guy coming in to play a role.

He also said Ingram's a good player if utilized correctly, and that the staff has failed him in the development department.

I think it's pretty obvious to anyone being objective that he could be a consistently solid player if utilized correctly.

"He's just in love with the drip/LA lifestyle" makes absolutely zero sense.

He's also pretty good at defense to answer your question.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

[quote="tony"]I keep repeating this sentiment because honestly, I feel like I have so much crow to eat.

I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.

BI will put up decent stats on a bad team as the number 1/2/3 guy. On a championship team, he's the 6th man running the second unit or the 7th guy coming in to play a role.[/quote]

Keep trusting on this young kid. He is an all round player, have good ballhandlingbskill, can create his own shot, can run the offense, can play defense, not only an one dimensional player. He just needs time to polish his skills and gain experience on how to utilize his strength better. The length and mobility are valuable. He just needs time to put things together. His ceiling is very high. We have to be patient
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

still not seeing how he can really mesh with Lebron when they are on the court together. Way too much stationary ball watching when he doesnt have it in his hands
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
tony wrote:

I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.

Keep trusting on this young kid. He is an all round player, have good ballhandlingbskill, can create his own shot, can run the offense, can play defense, not only an one dimensional player. He just needs time to polish his skills and gain experience on how to utilize his strength better. The length and mobility are valuable. He just needs time to put things together. His ceiling is very high. We have to be patient

Its like a kid whose raised learning 3 languages vs the kid learning on language. Sure the kid learning 1 language will speak and learn the 1 language quicker but the one learning 3 will take time but when it clicks they'll be speaking 3 languages vs 1(if this makes any sense)
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
Brandon is really bad...does he do anything besides drive right and force the issue?

From October 2017...

The trolls are getting clever.

Acting like they were completely supportive of a player... only to trash him as an "objective former fan"

Full marks for creativity though...
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
tony wrote:
Brandon is really bad...does he do anything besides drive right and force the issue?

From October 2017...

Acting like they were completely supportive of a player... only to trash him as an "objective former fan"

Most of them just hate BI man. It's one thing if BI was a bad teammate, stands in the corner like Wiggins but he's shown that he's going to stand up for his teammates and the biggest issue he has is that he forces the issue, tries to do too much. If BI was on social media and was corny like Kuz and Josh Hart, more people here would love him. In fact, there's still people here who rather keep Hart than BI.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
tony wrote:

From October 2017...

Most of them just hate BI man. It's one thing if BI was a bad teammate, stands in the corner like Wiggins but he's shown that he's going to stand up for his teammates and the biggest issue he has is that he forces the issue, tries to do too much. If BI was on social media and was corny like Kuz and Josh Hart, more people here would love him. In fact, there's still people here who rather keep Hart than BI.

Rondos favorite young guy but let the internet tell you he sucks
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
tony wrote:

From October 2017...

Yeah, one guy pointed out that because Kuzma would be better at picking up women at a club... that he would be a better player.

I got his point to a certain extent... confidence is important on bringing one's game to the next level... but people really do worship the cult of personality.

They are both useful players in different ways... until both their contracts come up at the same time... there is no reason to have to choose one over the other.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I think he is a very skilful player who still doesn’t have a NBA body. I don’t know how much stronger his body can grow to, but if he does, he will be a top player in this league.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
tony wrote:

From October 2017...

Rondos favorite young guy but let the internet tell you he sucks

Right. But they'll love Kuz because he can score better and not do anything else and a walking red carpet to the basket. BI since his return has a 106 drtg but you'll have people here say "can he do anything well". It's apparent that these dudes just hate him just like they hated DLO but at least DLO gave people reasons to hate him, (bleep) teammate and didn't work as hard as a Laker. BI is literally the opposite.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I think he is a very skilful player who still doesn’t have a NBA body. I don’t know how much stronger his body can grow to, but if he does, he will be a top player in this league.

Yeah strength and free throws will be key to whether he gets paid in 2020.
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:

I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.

Why can't more Ingram fans be more honest like this? Props to you man. Being a LAKERS FAN first and not being irrational when it comes to a player you like(d).

Ingram doesn't fit on a Lebron team at all. Sorry, you need a role and you need perform it well. Otherwise you need to run with the 2nd unit.

George Hill - Sharpshooting playmaker/2nd ball handler for Lebron
JR Smith - Pure Sharpshooter
K Love - Rebounding stretch four
T Thompson - Glass cleaner

What does Ingram do? He can Iso and create his own shot decently. He can also defend decently. Doesn't seem to mesh particularly well. Why do we need his shot creating ability with our healthy starting unit? We don't. Ingram can't catch and shoot. Seems scared to shoot 3's (conscious about his %)(stat watcher?)

Seems he is in the starting lineup purely because of his privilege that comes with being a high draft pick. Sure give him 3-4 years and he MIGHT be good player that excels at multiple aspects of the game. Unfortunately he won't be here in 3 years anyway and its likely he just reverts to being a poverty version of Nicholas Batum.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
tony wrote:

From October 2017...

are you kidding me, BI thought he was Kobe the beginning of last season but he was doing that crap early in the season and got better later on
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
still not seeing how he can really mesh with Lebron when they are on the court together. Way too much stationary ball watching when he doesnt have it in his hands

I think this is one tradeoff or maybe flaw of Magic's strategy of trying to get established superstar players like LeBron (vs. a complimentary player like McGee) and keep a young core that is still developing.

LeBron's skill (and salary) kind of forces everything to be built around him on and off the court. That in itself isn't an issue, but picking Lonzo who has a lot of potential but also some weaknesses makes it more difficult to fit him around LeBron and give him minutes to develop.

I thought BI would have an easier time, but have been surprised and somewhat disappointed that he's not made a bigger leap this year. Coaching is a likely issue, but LeBron probably has a big impact on what Luke is trying to do on offense as he should. I still think BI is figuring it out, but also has less room to do so with LeBron.

Throw in Luke, a young coach whose main coaching experience came with a world champion team loaded with all-stars who already learned to play together and ask him to get these pieces to fit together is something he hasn't done before.

No knock on any of these guys. All of the young guys are showing flashes of high potential. I question the overall strategy. Magic needs a lot of things to go right for this to work and so far not enough are. To his credit, he said to be patient so maybe he realized the potential issues.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
tony wrote:

I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.

Why can't more Ingram fans be more honest like this? Props to you man. Being a LAKERS FAN first and not being irrational when it comes to a player you like(d).

Ingram doesn't fit on a Lebron team at all. Sorry, you need a role and you need perform it well. Otherwise you need to run with the 2nd unit.

George Hill - Sharpshooting playmaker/2nd ball handler for Lebron
JR Smith - Pure Sharpshooter
K Love - Rebounding stretch four
T Thompson - Glass cleaner

What does Ingram do? He can Iso and create his own shot decently. He can also defend decently. Doesn't seem to mesh particularly well. Why do we need his shot creating ability with our healthy starting unit? We don't. Ingram can't catch and shoot. Seems scared to shoot 3's (conscious about his %)(stat watcher?)

Seems he is in the starting lineup purely because of his privilege that comes with being a high draft pick. Sure give him 3-4 years and he MIGHT be good player that excels at multiple aspects of the game. Unfortunately he won't be here in 3 years anyway and its likely he just reverts to being a poverty version of Nicholas Batum.

Honest?

Like saying he needs to get stronger and make his free throws to get a contract?

I see only type of poster who is being dishonest here... and it's the ones who are crapping on one player while acting like they care about the team.

I don't think any of the Ingram supporters think he's playing well enough...

They simply believe he may have potential for more.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
tony wrote:

I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.

He also said Ingram's a good player if utilized correctly, and that the staff has failed him in the development department.

I think it's pretty obvious to anyone being objective that he could be a consistently solid player if utilized correctly.

He’s already consistently solid, no? Just not spectacular but I am not sure if he has that in him.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
tony wrote:

I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.

He’s already consistently solid, no? Just not spectacular but I am not sure if he has that in him.

Na.. He's not consistently solid in my opinion. When he can string together games where he doesn't play horrible then he's there. I do believe that's possible if his role is adjusted. We'll probably continue to see the fluctuations in performance and production while he has to play different roles, and make adjustments that don't necessarily jive with his current ability.

All things considered I'm okay with what I'm seeing, though I was a little disappointed that his shooting isn't better.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Sina wrote:
tony wrote:

I hated on DLO.
I hated on Zo.

Its like a kid whose raised learning 3 languages vs the kid learning on language. Sure the kid learning 1 language will speak and learn the 1 language quicker but the one learning 3 will take time but when it clicks they'll be speaking 3 languages vs 1(if this makes any sense)

It makes perfect sense and well put. He's an all-around very good player but he hasn't mastered one part of the game that's better than others.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1661, 1662, 1663 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1662 of 1885
Jump to: