OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 725, 726, 727 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
People clamoring for a big free agent signing and using that prospect as a means to justify not trading the puppies for Davis are severely oversimplifying the notion that a big time free agent wants to come here.

Are yall seriously interested in passing on Davis so you can have a chance at Leonard, Thompson, Durant, or Irving?

Guys aren't enthralled with the idea of playing with James -- Davis is, Irving might be, but the rest of the big-time guys aren't interested.

It's a bad strategy to NOT go all-in on Davis right now. If you can't see that, quite frankly, you're not looking at this on a macrocosmic level.

Fear of depth is not a legitimate reason to hold on to three (or 4) youngsters who make a combined 15-17 mill a year. Depth, if you know how to construct a team, is easy to accrue.

Yeah, depth would be replaced (assuming Pels don't dump Hill and Moore on us) with the possible 25-28m in cap space.

Sacramento, Indy, spurs which team was able to dump assets+picks + bad deals?

Pels are trying to bottom out completely with this trade.

Indy/Spurs were still trying to be competitive.

Sacto was going nowhere at the time so they didn't really care, they got a poo poo platter of random players.

Pels might not tank if they hold on to AD for this season and keep Jrue for upcoming seasons. Even Sac have become good after sucking for more than a decade. It's not that hard for Pels to compete with Jrue, their pick in 2019 draft and the package they will get for AD. Lakers won 35 games with a young team in 2017-18.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
People clamoring for a big free agent signing and using that prospect as a means to justify not trading the puppies for Davis are severely oversimplifying the notion that a big time free agent wants to come here.

Are yall seriously interested in passing on Davis so you can have a chance at Leonard, Thompson, Durant, or Irving?

Guys aren't enthralled with the idea of playing with James -- Davis is, Irving might be, but the rest of the big-time guys aren't interested.

It's a bad strategy to NOT go all-in on Davis right now. If you can't see that, quite frankly, you're not looking at this on a macrocosmic level.

Fear of depth is not a legitimate reason to hold on to three (or 4) youngsters who make a combined 15-17 mill a year. Depth, if you know how to construct a team, is easy to accrue.

Yeah, depth would be replaced (assuming Pels don't dump Hill and Moore on us) with the possible 25-28m in cap space.

Sacto was going nowhere at the time so they didn't really care, they got a poo poo platter of random players.

I disagree

Well, I agree that you disagree with everyone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Pels might not tank if they hold on to AD for this season and keep Jrue for upcoming seasons. Even Sac have become good after sucking for more than a decade. It's not that hard for Pels to compete with Jrue, their pick in 2019 draft and the package they will get for AD. Lakers won 35 games with a young team in 2017-18.

What is the purpose of trying to win games if you're the Pels right now? You know AD is gone. Get that high draft pick for this lost season.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Thee Black Mamba wrote:
I need Sentient Meat and the other BI homers to come in here and explain to me how he is worth holding onto for another 10 years so there is a chance he becomes a good player.

I'm pretty sure the argument is stay the course until the summer and try to sign one of Kawhi or KD and then determine what to do with the young'ns.

And yes...

KD>AD

Kawhi>AD

Yep... although I also think Kyrie + core is also > AD without the core.

Ironically, sometimes I get the feeling that it might be Kyrie and reason is Ainge is a weasel I could see him not offering the max if he’s concerned about those knees.

Ainge could easily do kyrie like he did IT.

Then he should just trade Kyrie + Tatum and picks for AD right now then.

They'd be left with an AD/Horford/Hayward/Brown/Rozier team and

NOP gets Kyrie as an expiring if he doesn't resign which is still good. Boston can add complimentary pieces in the summer.

Kyrie is a nothing asset for the Pelicans because there would be no chance that he would re-sign there, and teams wouldn't give up a ton for an expiring Irving unless they thought he would re-sign there.

Even if Boston somehow knows that Irving is not going to re-sign, they would have a hard time extracting a lot of value for him. For them to trade for AD now, Kyrie would have to be gone, Tatum would have to be gone, and then you run the risk of AD bolting after next season. So they could lose Kyrie, AD, Tatum, and young players/picks all within a 12-month span. They just can't afford to do that. If they get him, it will be after the season.

A lot of your points make some good sense.
Im rooting for the Celtics to lose every game possible and not have a good playoff showing..... BECAUSE

I think the Lakers should sign Kyrie this off season to a max contract.
What does Boston do after that? Would they trade for AD anyway considering Kyrie just walked away on them for nothing. They would have to include Tatum in that offer to beat our offer right? Would they be willing to take that kind of risk again? IMHO i dont think they would. Soooo Boston would be out of the running for AD to me...

Who else are we competing against at that point?

NY? CHI? I dont know who around the league would be in a better position to trad for him at that point!

So Boston telling the Pels to wait on a trade could really backfire on the Celtics and the Pels (because we would have all of the leverage at that point).

Why would Kyrie come here over the Celts... We know he can make the most money there... But, will they win?, How far away from winning are they really? With Kyrie's film interest it would make a ton of sense to be in LA right? I think LBJ, Kobe, Magic can convince him his best chance to win is to join up with the GOOD GUYS!
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

What is the purpose of trying to win games if you're the Pels right now? You know AD is gone. Get that high draft pick for this lost season.

They could sit out AD and tank for this season. But they won't tank next season with Jrue, what they get from AD's trade and newly drafted player. I don't think they wanna trade before deadline especially to the Lakers. They will decide in July. If Knicks gets #1 pick and KD in FA, they are offering Zion for AD. Dream scenario for the Pels.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I disagree

Well, I agree that you disagree with everyone.

Na just the fact that pelicans r not going to get everything they want for a guy who requested a trade
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:

They could sit out AD and tank for this season. But they won't tank next season with Jrue, what they get from AD's trade and newly drafted player. I don't think they wanna trade before deadline especially to the Lakers. They will decide in July. If Knicks gets #1 pick and KD in FA, they are offering Zion for AD. Dream scenario for the Pels.

Well, of course I'm talking about this season. Tank the rest of the way, hope to get a top 5 pick. The reason I think they want a team to unload one or both of Hill/Moore is that they can have a ton of cap space going forward to rebuild quickly if they move on from AD.

So go into 2019 FA with a ton of cap space + a top 5 pick should be the goal.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Part of what makes this AD so interesting, imo, is that Magic essentially banishing DLO and letting Randle walk, while we still had the max space for LeBron, he had given up two really good/great young assets that would no doubt help get a deal done by Feb 7th (and allowing us to hang onto the kids he liked).

That's not to bring up the DLO/Randle thing, but it's interesting to see how aggressive he is. Does he double down on his confidence in upcoming FA and not make a godfather offer? ORRR does he realize FA may not be as fruitful as he hoped and he can no longer play the middle ground of holding back youth while also going all in for LeBron.

I personally think he has to go all in for AD and hope that move is enough to lure Kawhi, Klay, Kyrie or Kemba-- instead of what I think was probably the vice versa of what he was originally thinking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Na just the fact that pelicans r not going to get everything they want for a guy who requested a trade

When I listed the 4 criteria, that was my formula for assuredly getting the deal done. The more of the 4 criteria you can check off, the better your chances. That's really not in dispute.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
That's not to bring up the DLO/Randle thing,

You just brought it up.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
2019 wrote:

You just brought it up.

Astute observation, 32.

However, I brought it up int he context on Magic's current mindset on how hard to push for the trade versus pull back and continue on this plan. Seeing as this is the transaction thread, I'd say it's a valid an appropriate conversation.. and a larger one than many give credence to.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Still need a backup PG...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Why wouldn't I be surprised if the "big" trade will be a 2050 top 58 protected 2nd rounder for Shelvin Mack or something random like that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why wouldn't I be surprised if the "big" trade will be a 2050 top 58 protected 2nd rounder for Shelvin Mack or something random like that.

Send Caruso to Memphis!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

We need a woj bomb
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We need a woj bomb

The New Orleans Pelicans are sending Anthony Davis to the Washington Wizards for...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
We need a woj bomb

The New Orleans Pelicans are sending Anthony Davis to the Washington Wizards for...

Thomas Bryant
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

It's all going to depend on what teams AD says he won't re-sign with. If the other team knew AD was going to re-sign, a Chicago deal would be nice.

Robin Lopez
Markkanen
Carter Jr.
Dunn

being the starting point.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: How Lakers Could Trade For AD and sign a Kyrie in the offseason.

The purpose of this thread is to show how the Lakers could trade for AD this season and then sign Kyrie (or a different 30% max player) in the offseason. The Lakers would have to gut the team to go this route, but it would get them 3 max players, which has been proven to be an effective method in building championship teams. In addition, i'm sure Lebron would prefer to be playing along side AD and Kyrie. This would be a lot easier if we didnt have Deng's 4,990,000 of dead money counting against our cap, but it is what it is.

1. Trade Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Zubac, KCP and 2019 1st for AD, Johnson(expiring) and Clark(expiring).

2. Trade Beasley, Bonga and 2019 2nd round pick to Miami for Ellington. This gets rid of Bonga's guaranteed 2019 salary of 1,663,861. This also gets us a shooter who is expiring that could help us this season, in Ellington.

3. Sign Carmelo Anthony or any available free agent power forward, because we would need help there for now.

4. Trade Hart and Wagner for future picks. We shouldn't have a problem doing that. They are both shooters on bargain contracts with good upside.

5. Waive Svi.

This puts the teams 2019 payroll at:

1. James $37,436,858
2. AD 27,093,019
3. Hold 888,928
4. Hold 888,928
5. Hold 888,928
6. Hold 888,928
7. Hold 888,928
8. Hold 888,928
9. Hold 888,928
10. Hold 888,928
11. Hold 888,928
12. Open Roster Spot-free agent salary will go here

13. Deng 4,990,000

Total payroll $76,631,306

Total available cap room (assuming $108,000,000 salary cap): $31,368,694

NBA max contract for 7-10 year vet (Kyrie) $32,400,000.

So Kyrie, or another 7-10 year vet would have to take $1,031,306 less per year to sign with the Lakers. That is with the Lakers doing everything they could possibly do to afford them. That is not much of a pay cut, I think it is doable. Im thinking the Hart/Wagner trade might have to be done after the free agent, such as Kyrie has already agreed to a deal with the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Are we playing 3 on 5?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
32 wrote:
2019 wrote:

You just brought it up.

Astute observation, 32.

However, I brought it up int he context on Magic's current mindset on how hard to push for the trade versus pull back and continue on this plan. Seeing as this is the transaction thread, I'd say it's a valid an appropriate conversation.. and a larger one than many give credence to.

No problem. I got it.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Are we playing 3 on 5?
You could put me at center if you want and we still might win 50 games.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

I know Kyrie won a championship with James but he demands the ball too much. This team needs a pass first, shoot second PG. Especially, if Davis becomes a Laker.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Are we playing 3 on 5?
On a serious note, we would be in position to sign the best minimum contract free agents available AND we would have the room exception at our disposal. McGee, Rondo, Ellington, etc. could be brought back.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
scoobs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Are we playing 3 on 5?
On a serious note, we would be in position to sign the best minimum contract free agents available AND we would have the room exception at our disposal. McGee, Rondo, Ellington, etc. could be brought back.

None of those names are minimum contracts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 725, 726, 727 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 726 of 8560
Jump to: