OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 726, 727, 728 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
scoobs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Are we playing 3 on 5?
You could put me at center if you want and we still might win 50 games.
On a serious note, we would be in position to sign the best minimum contract free agents available AND we would have the room exception at our disposal. McGee, Rondo, Ellington, etc. could be brought back.

I'm not enthused about pairing those 3 to be honest. Who will take the ceremonial Bosh/Love role? Ironically it would have to be LBJ who would be turning 35 this December.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
scoobs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Are we playing 3 on 5?
You could put me at center if you want and we still might win 50 games.
On a serious note, we would be in position to sign the best minimum contract free agents available AND we would have the room exception at our disposal. McGee, Rondo, Ellington, etc. could be brought back.

I'm not enthused about pairing those 3 to be honest. Who will take the ceremonial Bosh/Love role? Ironically it would have to be LBJ who would be turning 35 this December.
I hear you. It's just a route that the Lakers might take, and I wouldn't mind seeing them take that route. I'm saying Kyrie, because I think we have a better shot at getting him than KL or Klay. In your opinion, what do you think the Lakers should do if they make the above AD trade?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
I know Kyrie won a championship with James but he demands the ball too much. This team needs a pass first, shoot second PG. Especially, if Davis becomes a Laker.
i agree, i love me some kyrie but i like to watch him on other people's teams. similar to westbrook. i dont really want him as a laker. too much dribbling.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

LeBron has been out for a month and still counting.

Irving has played 43 out of a possible 50 games and is listed as doubtful for the Charlotte - Boston game tonight.

Davis has played in 41 out of 51 games and might be back soon.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: How Lakers Could Trade For AD and sign a Kyrie in the offseason.

scoobs wrote:
The purpose of this thread is to show how the Lakers could trade for AD this season and then sign Kyrie (or a different 30% max player) in the offseason. The Lakers would have to gut the team to go this route, but it would get them 3 max players, which has been proven to be an effective method in building championship teams. In addition, i'm sure Lebron would prefer to be playing along side AD and Kyrie. This would be a lot easier if we didnt have Deng's 4,990,000 of dead money counting against our cap, but it is what it is.

1. Trade Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Zubac, KCP and 2019 1st for AD, Johnson(expiring) and Clark(expiring).

2. Trade Beasley, Bonga and 2019 2nd round pick to Miami for Ellington. This gets rid of Bonga's guaranteed 2019 salary of 1,663,861. This also gets us a shooter who is expiring that could help us this season, in Ellington.

3. Sign Carmelo Anthony or any available free agent power forward, because we would need help there for now.

4. Trade Hart and Wagner for future picks. We shouldn't have a problem doing that. They are both shooters on bargain contracts with good upside.

5. Waive Svi.

This puts the teams 2019 payroll at:

1. James $37,436,858
2. AD 27,093,019
3. Hold 888,928
4. Hold 888,928
5. Hold 888,928
6. Hold 888,928
7. Hold 888,928
8. Hold 888,928
9. Hold 888,928
10. Hold 888,928
11. Hold 888,928
12. Open Roster Spot-free agent salary will go here

13. Deng 4,990,000

Total payroll $76,631,306

Total available cap room (assuming $108,000,000 salary cap): $31,368,694

NBA max contract for 7-10 year vet (Kyrie) $32,400,000.

So Kyrie, or another 7-10 year vet would have to take $1,031,306 less per year to sign with the Lakers. That is with the Lakers doing everything they could possibly do to afford them. That is not much of a pay cut, I think it is doable. Im thinking the Hart/Wagner trade might have to be done after the free agent, such as Kyrie has already agreed to a deal with the Lakers.

^^^^^^^THIS GUY GETS IT!

I love the kids. I really do and they could become very good basketball players. However, this should be the plan when you have Lebron on your roster. Lebron + AD with $31 million in cap space? In a summer where there will be 7 All-Star players that will be UFA's? You have to do it.

The Lakers would have no problem signing 1 more max guy, and role players would be flocking to LA in a heartbeat. For the record, I'd rather have KD, Kawhi, or Klay......but either way we'd still be a viable title contender for 3-5 years.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

Kl and KD are better then AD.

I would try to get them over trading everyone for AD.

If AD really really wants to come only here. Why not wait and see what we can do this summer?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

If AD really really wants to come only here. Why not wait and see what we can do this summer?

Because he is not a free agent this summer. We would still have to trade for him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

I guess it's up for debate.

But they are certainly less costly than AD.

AD would certainly garner a king's ransom.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Kinda hard to get a deal done if your not picking up the phone dell...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818357-anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-gm-dell-demps-not-picking-up-his-phone
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818357-anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-gm-dell-demps-not-picking-up-his-phone

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLakersReview/status/1090538037954502656

Demps doesn’t make the decisions, also there is speculation that he’s on vacation, so the person who is making the trade calls is someone else not Demps.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Because he is not a free agent this summer. We would still have to trade for him.

But if we can get KL or KD with just money then we can let someone else grab AD.

KL did buy a brand new so cal home.

I'm willing to bet my left but AD will not be traded this season.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

Did we get him yet
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

noahp45 wrote:

Some folks are scared of the Celtics.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
textbook wrote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLakersReview/status/1090538037954502656

Demps doesn’t make the decisions, also there is speculation that he’s on vacation, so the person who is making the trade calls is someone else not Demps.

lol. Ok, so um who do we call? I'd like to speak to a manager please? "OPERATOR!"
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Some folks are scared of the Celtics.

Theres only one team better then a Lebron team. And they should be dismantled this summer.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: How Lakers Could Trade For AD and sign a Kyrie in the offseason.

scoobs wrote:
The purpose of this thread is to show how the Lakers could trade for AD this season and then sign Kyrie (or a different 30% max player) in the offseason. The Lakers would have to gut the team to go this route, but it would get them 3 max players, which has been proven to be an effective method in building championship teams. In addition, i'm sure Lebron would prefer to be playing along side AD and Kyrie. This would be a lot easier if we didnt have Deng's 4,990,000 of dead money counting against our cap, but it is what it is.

1. Trade Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Zubac, KCP and 2019 1st for AD, Johnson(expiring) and Clark(expiring).

2. Trade Beasley, Bonga and 2019 2nd round pick to Miami for Ellington. This gets rid of Bonga's guaranteed 2019 salary of 1,663,861. This also gets us a shooter who is expiring that could help us this season, in Ellington.

3. Sign Carmelo Anthony or any available free agent power forward, because we would need help there for now.

4. Trade Hart and Wagner for future picks. We shouldn't have a problem doing that. They are both shooters on bargain contracts with good upside.

5. Waive Svi.

This puts the teams 2019 payroll at:

1. James $37,436,858
2. AD 27,093,019
3. Hold 888,928
4. Hold 888,928
5. Hold 888,928
6. Hold 888,928
7. Hold 888,928
8. Hold 888,928
9. Hold 888,928
10. Hold 888,928
11. Hold 888,928
12. Open Roster Spot-free agent salary will go here

13. Deng 4,990,000

Total payroll $76,631,306

Total available cap room (assuming $108,000,000 salary cap): $31,368,694

NBA max contract for 7-10 year vet (Kyrie) $32,400,000.

So Kyrie, or another 7-10 year vet would have to take $1,031,306 less per year to sign with the Lakers. That is with the Lakers doing everything they could possibly do to afford them. That is not much of a pay cut, I think it is doable. Im thinking the Hart/Wagner trade might have to be done after the free agent, such as Kyrie has already agreed to a deal with the Lakers.

Pretty sure that's another empty roster charge.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

But if we can get KL or KD with just money then we can let someone else grab AD.

There is no guarantee KL or KD will come. If you have a shot at AD now you have to do what you can to get him.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Has a team ever traded the Farm for one player and became a winner?
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

I was under the impression that we likely already know KL and KD aren't coming here, hence the huge push to get AD now. I also get the feeling Kawhi and KD aren't even considering us anymore.

This is exactly what happened in the summer when we had the huge push to get KL in a trade... why all of a sudden were we pushing to get that done? Probably because Magilinka caught wind that there was no way PG was coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

I was under the impression that we likely already know KL and KD aren't coming here, hence the huge push to get AD now. I also get the feeling Kawhi and KD aren't even considering us anymore.

This is exactly what happened in the summer when we had the huge push to get KL in a trade... why all of a sudden were we pushing to get that done? Probably because Magilinka caught wind that there was no way PG was coming.

Do we know there was a huge push?

All I heard is SAS would have wanted essentially what NO does now for AD.... Kuz, BI, Lonzo, Hart, Picks
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

Because by not being that aggressive with Leonard and George costed the Lakers the opportunity of getting AD. The Lakers evidently covet him enough to try to swing for the fences now instead of waiting later.

Ideally it would be best to sign a free agent first then go after AD but you run into possibly less of a chance of acquiring him later due to competition from other teams.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

There is no guarantee KL or KD will come. If you have a shot at AD now you have to do what you can to get him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

It would be nice to get AD now but you have no facts to back up that KL or KD would not sign with the Lakers. Just a bunch of rumors that mean nothing right now. Maybe the Lakers know and maybe they don't. Also Kyrie and Klay could be available too.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

pointless to discuss
-Pelicans are not trading Davis before deadline
-Kyrie is most likely not coming here
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Has a team ever traded the Farm for one player and became a winner?

Less was traded for Kareem and Wilt, who were both more influential players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 726, 727, 728 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 727 of 8560
Jump to: