OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 727, 728, 729 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Has a team ever traded the Farm for one player and became a winner?

Less was traded for Kareem and Wilt, who were both more influential players.

At a time when dominant big men were more impactful.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

The Pelicans have a 240-302 (.443) record in the Brow era. 2 playoff appearances in 8 seasons. Rather keep the core and go after the KD and Kawhi. One of those guys isn't winning a chip this year.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Pelicans have a 240-302 (.443) record in the Brow era. 2 playoff appearances in 8 seasons. Rather keep the core and go after the KD and Kawhi. One of those guys isn't winning a chip this year.

I don't think you can build a really good team around him as your #1 option.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

General media picking up on Kyrie being likely to leave Boston at the end of the year. I wonder what the faces of Celtics fans look like right now
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Kl and KD are better then AD.

I would try to get them over trading everyone for AD.

If AD really really wants to come only here. Why not wait and see what we can do this summer?

I was under the impression that we likely already know KL and KD aren't coming here, hence the huge push to get AD now. I also get the feeling Kawhi and KD aren't even considering us anymore.

This is exactly what happened in the summer when we had the huge push to get KL in a trade... why all of a sudden were we pushing to get that done? Probably because Magilinka caught wind that there was no way PG was coming.

Do we know there was a huge push?

All I heard is SAS would have wanted essentially what NO does now for AD.... Kuz, BI, Lonzo, Hart, Picks

Unless I misread all the smoke signals being posted, we turned our attention from PG to KL pretty quickly. I suppose we can argue what "huge push" means, but my point is all the rumors turned from signing PG to trading for KL on a dime.

Getting the same feeling now.

32 wrote:

It would be nice to get AD now but you have no facts to back up that KL or KD would not sign with the Lakers. Just a bunch of rumors that mean nothing right now. Maybe the Lakers know and maybe they don't. Also Kyrie and Klay could be available too.

Of course I'd love to be wrong, and of course there are no actual facts out there right now either way. Pretty much all we have are all rumors anyway, right? Does anyone actually have "facts" one way or the other, except for the typical wishy-washy "well he could sign there or he couldn't!" rumors, which mean nothing.

So as I said - based on what I'm watching and reading everywhere, my impression is KL and KD aren't coming to the Lakers. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we landed any of these elite players at this point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

As most of you know I have been saying for the past couple of months I believe AD is the Lakers #1 target even if they have to punt the cap space to 2020. That's the guy I think they want to be the face of the franchise for the next decade. It would be nice to trade for him before 2020 but they will wait for him if they have to.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

What would be too much to give for AD?

I think the only reason we didn't give up the farm for KL was due to the injury and not knowing
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Has a team ever traded the Farm for one player and became a winner?

Less was traded for Kareem and Wilt, who were both more influential players.

I was trying to point out the fact that no team has ever gave up so many assets for one team and became a winner.

Lakers gave up a sandwich some chips and a future could be star for a star and won two chips.

Ny gave everything up plus the fiance and won nothing
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Just thrownig a hypothetical team out there:

Lonzo
Klay
Middleton
AD
Domantas Sabonis

How good would a team like that be around AD?

Seems like the perfect type of team for AD and even for Lonzo.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
As most of you know I have been saying for the past couple of months I believe AD is the Lakers #1 target even if they have to punt the cap space to 2020. That's the guy I think they want to be the face of the franchise for the next decade. It would be nice to trade for him before 2020 but they will wait for him if they have to.

Why do you keep saying this every few hours on both threads?
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

If AD really really wants to come only here. Why not wait and see what we can do this summer?

Because he is not a free agent this summer. We would still have to trade for him.

But if we can get KL or KD with just money then we can let someone else grab AD.

KL did buy a brand new so cal home.

I'm willing to bet my left but AD will not be traded this season.

There is no guarantee KL or KD will come. If you have a shot at AD now you have to do what you can to get him.

LeBron and AD aren’t beating the Warriors by themselves. We’d be better off adding an all star caliber player this summer if it’s gonna take all that.
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Because he is not a free agent this summer. We would still have to trade for him.

But if we can get KL or KD with just money then we can let someone else grab AD.

There is no guarantee KL or KD will come. If you have a shot at AD now you have to do what you can to get him.

LeBron and AD aren’t beating the Warriors by themselves. We’d be better off adding an all star caliber player this summer if it’s gonna take all that.

Idk...What Lebron did to GS in 2016 could be possible against GS w/ KD if you give Lebron a teammate like AD.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
32 wrote:

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

I think the only reason we didn't give up the farm for KL was due to the injury and not knowing

And the fact that I think we knew that he prefers the Clippers to us. I think Michael C. Wright was, well, right all along. I've believed him the whole time, and thought that anything else connecting him to the Lakers after that was just noise.

I think we were OK with his injury status. But I think we had serious doubts that he would re-sign with us, and were never going to give up all that the Spurs wanted from us because of that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Lonzo
Klay
Middleton
AD
Domantas Sabonis

Even if you replace Lonzo with Jrue who's in his prime now, that's a good, but non-championship caliber roster, imo. You'd need at least a Lillard/Kyrie level creator out there with AD for that roster to give the Warriors a real scare.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How Lakers Could Trade For AD and sign a Kyrie in the offseason.

omzzzzz wrote:
scoobs wrote:
The purpose of this thread is to show how the Lakers could trade for AD this season and then sign Kyrie (or a different 30% max player) in the offseason. The Lakers would have to gut the team to go this route, but it would get them 3 max players, which has been proven to be an effective method in building championship teams. In addition, i'm sure Lebron would prefer to be playing along side AD and Kyrie. This would be a lot easier if we didnt have Deng's 4,990,000 of dead money counting against our cap, but it is what it is.

1. Trade Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Zubac, KCP and 2019 1st for AD, Johnson(expiring) and Clark(expiring).

2. Trade Beasley, Bonga and 2019 2nd round pick to Miami for Ellington. This gets rid of Bonga's guaranteed 2019 salary of 1,663,861. This also gets us a shooter who is expiring that could help us this season, in Ellington.

3. Sign Carmelo Anthony or any available free agent power forward, because we would need help there for now.

4. Trade Hart and Wagner for future picks. We shouldn't have a problem doing that. They are both shooters on bargain contracts with good upside.

5. Waive Svi.

This puts the teams 2019 payroll at:

1. James $37,436,858
2. AD 27,093,019
3. Hold 888,928
4. Hold 888,928
5. Hold 888,928
6. Hold 888,928
7. Hold 888,928
8. Hold 888,928
9. Hold 888,928
10. Hold 888,928
11. Hold 888,928
12. Open Roster Spot-free agent salary will go here

13. Deng 4,990,000

Total payroll $76,631,306

Total available cap room (assuming $108,000,000 salary cap): $31,368,694

NBA max contract for 7-10 year vet (Kyrie) $32,400,000.

So Kyrie, or another 7-10 year vet would have to take $1,031,306 less per year to sign with the Lakers. That is with the Lakers doing everything they could possibly do to afford them. That is not much of a pay cut, I think it is doable. Im thinking the Hart/Wagner trade might have to be done after the free agent, such as Kyrie has already agreed to a deal with the Lakers.

^^^^^^^THIS GUY GETS IT!

I love the kids. I really do and they could become very good basketball players. However, this should be the plan when you have Lebron on your roster. Lebron + AD with $31 million in cap space? In a summer where there will be 7 All-Star players that will be UFA's? You have to do it.

The Lakers would have no problem signing 1 more max guy, and role players would be flocking to LA in a heartbeat. For the record, I'd rather have KD, Kawhi, or Klay......but either way we'd still be a viable title contender for 3-5 years.
Yeah, thanks for not (bleeping) on my thread. It does make sense. I also prefer Klay or KL, but right now it seems we would have a better chance at Kyrie. If we are going to get AD, the kids would obviously be gone any way. The only kids left would likely be Hart, Wagner and Bonga. I'm not attached to any of these kids like a lot of these fan boys are tbh.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

And the fact that I think we knew that he prefers the Clippers to us. I think Michael C. Wright was, well, right all along. I've believed him the whole time, and thought that anything else connecting him to the Lakers after that was just noise.

I think we were OK with his injury status. But I think we had serious doubts that he would re-sign with us, and were never going to give up all that the Spurs wanted from us because of that.

I have no inside info, but I bet Pop was stalling for additional offers and had no intention of ever trading Kawhi to the Lakers.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Lonzo
Klay
Middleton
AD
Domantas Sabonis

Even if you replace Lonzo with Jrue who's in his prime now, that's a good, but non-championship caliber roster, imo. You'd need at least a Lillard/Kyrie level creator out there with AD for that roster to give the Warriors a real scare.

True, the team above would be fun to watch though. Wish we had something like that balance on offense and defense wise
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

drae wrote:
General media picking up on Kyrie being likely to leave Boston at the end of the year. I wonder what the faces of Celtics fans look like right now

Probably joy. Kyrie may be 26 but his knees are on the wrong side of 30. I would not give him a max contract.

Last edited by lonzobryant on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Lonzo
Klay
Middleton
AD
Domantas Sabonis

Present day 5 all star Warriors, sure. But the money right now is the Warriors will be much weaker next year.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Idk...What Lebron did to GS in 2016 could be possible against GS w/ KD if you give Lebron a teammate like AD.

GS added a couple decent guys since then.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
32 wrote:

My bad. I will stop now.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Lonzo
Klay
Middleton
AD
Domantas Sabonis

Present day 5 all star Warriors, sure. But the money right now is the Warriors will be much weaker next year.

They will pay the tax
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

We have about eight days to trade for Anthony Davis. If this goes to the summer then it's not happening for LA.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
32 wrote:

My bad. I will stop now.

It's cool. Lol. Put it in your sig.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 727, 728, 729 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 728 of 8560
Jump to: