View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Nissan wrote:
governator wrote:
What yall think, anything left in PacMan? (I'm kinda feeling the Mattisse KO was Mattissee being done done than PacMan turning back the clock)
Should be an easy win for Manny. AB won't be able to handle the power and speed.

Didn't see it but read it wasn't even close. U called it. One judge scored a shut out 120-108. I don't wanna see Manny v Floyd part deux. I wanna see Manny go for broke and take on one of the younger champ. He proved me wrong, he ain't done yet
Manny should fight Thurman in the spring/summer. He has a good chance of beating Thurman if they make the fight in 2019. Manny has about 2-3 good fights left before he retires.

Happy to see Manny getting paid $20+M for his last couple of fights.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
lqv2015 wrote:
I feel rip off by this fight. Didn't pay a dime, but still.

Broner will make you feel that way. Lol

Will it be coming to ShowTime?

Next weekend it should be replaying

Hope so. I stopped buying PPV, they've been such rip offs. I'm seriously contemplating buying Alvarez vs Jacobs. Canelo will come at Danny and Danny won't back down. I don't see this one going the distance. This match has the potential to be FOTY.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

I’ve been going to the AMC to watch the fights. $20 for last nights fight on a giant screen.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I’ve been going to the AMC to watch the fights. $20 for last nights fight on a giant screen.

BYOB or they serve?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

BYOB or they serve?

Only a few of them serve. So it’s a pre-game type situation.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
governator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

BYOB or they serve?

What kind of turnout do the have? Does it ever get rowdy?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
governator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

BYOB or they serve?

What kind of turnout do the have? Does it ever get rowdy?

When Wilder knocked down Fury in the 12th round half a dozen people started jumping up and down getting a bit rowdy. Last night was pretty calm, but I think that was due to the fight. Pretty good turnout, last night was maybe half full but in a large auditorium.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Theres a reason why his fights are usually on free TV.....that fight wasn't even close. Dude was livid acting like he won....

broner vs grey at the end was far more entertaining, tbh

"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Theres a reason why his fights are usually on free TV.....that fight wasn't even close. Dude was livid acting like he won....

Typical Broner classless personality. FF to 3:50

Pacquiao vs. Broner Post-Fight Interviews | SHOWTIME PPV

LINK

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
lqv2015 wrote:

Hope so. I stopped buying PPV, they've been such rip offs. I'm seriously contemplating buying Alvarez vs Jacobs. Canelo will come at Danny and Danny won't back down. I don't see this one going the distance. This match has the potential to be FOTY.

Not Ppv DAZN fight 20 bucks a month
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Drifts wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

LINK
Broner will go down as one of the biggest disappointments in his era. So much talent, good boxing skills, and solid chin, but he is mentally weak. He had the chance to be one of the greats of his era and become a star.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
lqv2015 wrote:

DAZN is $10 a month.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Drifts wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

LINK
Broner will go down as one of the biggest disappointments in his era. So much talent, good boxing skills, and solid chin, but he is mentally weak. He had the chance to be one of the greats of his era and become a star.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
lqv2015 wrote:

DAZN is $10 a month.

$9.99. I get it with Firestick. I kept it because they have great fights that don't air anywhere else. If you're a fight enthusiast it's worth the money. It has MMA and other sports. I've watch some Rugby. American football ain't got nuthin on Rugby. I don't know the rules but DAMN those dude are hitting hard with no padding.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nissan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Drifts wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

LINK

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
lqv2015 wrote:

DAZN is $10 a month.

$9.99. I get it with Firestick. I kept it because they have great fights that don't air anywhere else. If you're a fight enthusiast it's worth the money. It has MMA and other sports. I've watch some Rugby. American football ain't got nuthin on Rugby. I don't know the rules but DAMN those dude are hitting hard with no padding.

Oh yeah you're right 10 bucks. I'm not truly clues in because my IPTV service includes all the ppvs NFL MLB NBA packages and a few hundred USA UK and Canadian channels for pretty cheap.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

Easy wins for Munguia and Thurman.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Easy wins for Munguia and Thurman.

How does mungia make weight every time, he looks like a giant
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

I watched the Pacman, Broner this morning. I didn't score it but I don't think even Adrien thinks he really won, his family didn't look like they did. He had a cute line in the post fight interview, "It's time to cash checks and have sex." Broner is a joke.

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I wish I had a way to convince myself Mikey Garcia has a chance to win, I really like the guy but he's not beating Spence
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
I wish I had a way to convince myself Mikey Garcia has a chance to win, I really like the guy but he's not beating Spence

And we know that Thurman gets run over by Spence now too. Bud Crawford vs. Spence is the fight to make to determine the man in the division while Thurman chases rematches with Porter and DSG.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

And we know that Thurman gets run over by Spence now too. Bud Crawford vs. Spence is the fight to make to determine the man in the division while Thurman chases rematches with Porter and DSG.
Everyone in the business knows Thurman wants no part of Spence especially after his fight with Kell. Thurman wants no smoke with Spence because he knows Spence will beat him silly for 12 rounds. Josesito would've done some damage if he had any power behind his punches.

Spence beats Crawford any day of the week. Arum doesn't want to make the fight because he knows Crawford will get exposed by Spence. Spence is too big and strong for Crawford.

Mungia will get his pay day against the cash cow soon.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

He wants a fight against Manny after he's been talking (bleep) for 2 years about how old Manny is and how he needs to let the young guys have their time to shine. He needs to stay away from Manny after his performance against Josesito.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

He wants a fight against Manny after he's been talking (bleep) for 2 years about how old Manny is and how he needs to let the young guys have their time to shine. He needs to stay away from Manny after his performance against Josesito.

Thurman doesn't seem to really want it like he did in the past. I don't think he's as hungry as he was. He seems to have lost that competitive fire. His net worth is around 8 million.

Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nissan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Thurman doesn't seem to really want it like he did in the past. I don't think he's as hungry as he was. He seems to have lost that competitive fire. His net worth is around 8 million.
Thurman avoids any real fighter that would give him problems. He talks too much, but doesn't step up when he has to.

I'm still waiting to see him fight Spence. Now he wants nothing to do with Spence.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Everyone in the business knows Thurman wants no part of Spence especially after his fight with Kell. Thurman wants no smoke with Spence because he knows Spence will beat him silly for 12 rounds. Josesito would've done some damage if he had any power behind his punches.

Spence beats Crawford any day of the week. Arum doesn't want to make the fight because he knows Crawford will get exposed by Spence. Spence is too big and strong for Crawford.

Mungia will get his pay day against the cash cow soon.

I honestly think Crawford outboxes him, but Spence will probably be the favorite (and I love Spence's style of fighting). I just think Crawford is much better than Spence technically, obviously faster, and has a greater reach, so, if Spence does not win by KO (which he can), he does not win against Crawford imo.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nissan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Yea, Thurman looks done. He's lost the eye of the tiger he once had, and even an old af Pac could beat Thurman.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Ever since the Diego Chaves fight he has been extremely safety conscious. He doesn't want to mix it up. I agree with some here that he has lost his taste for the game. It appears that he doesn't live an extravagant lifestyle so he could probably retire now and be good for the rest of his life.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 464 of 514
Jump to: