2019 LA RAMS Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: 2019 LA RAMS Thread

ESPN early power rankings Rams ranked #1.

Quote:
The Rams may have fallen flat in the Super Bowl, but they could be back in full force in 2019.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1092450320905580544
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

need to shore up that offensive line. need to dress the Gurley situation. if he's shot mentally, then flip him for some draft pick when he still have value.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Teach that quarterback better pocket awareness and how to scramble a little more
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

They aren't trading Gurley. lol
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Wish we could keep Ndamukong Suh, but he'll want to get paid and I can see a lot of teams that will make big offers.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
They aren't trading Gurley. lol

No doubt but I hope they see the value of having another good RB. They overused TG and he finally broke down. Malcolm Brown is competent but he hasn't shown he can step in like CJ did for us. If they don't want to bring CJ back, maybe look at another vet like AP or Beast Mode. Hoping TG gets right in the off-season. Fortunately, it didn't look like he is seriously injured.

I think we need to bring back Dante Fowler and Cory Littleton. We'll have Ebukam for one more season. One guy I'd like to see replaced is Larmarcus Joyner at FS. I like his aggressiveness and his tackling but I question his ability to read coverages. He's not worth what the $11M the Rams are paying him or another franchise tag.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Wish we could keep Ndamukong Suh, but he'll want to get paid and I can see a lot of teams that will make big offers.

Me too. I doubt AD sees single coverage for a long time. We need another DT who can win their one-on-ones. To me, Brockers was a disappointment this season.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Me too. I doubt AD sees single coverage for a long time. We need another DT who can win their one-on-ones. To me, Brockers was a disappointment this season.

Suh was paid $14.5M last year, a very good salary. He played spotty throughout the season. He will be 32 next year. Though I'd like for the Rams to retain his services, I don't know if he is worth $14.5+M per season unless the guarantee was only for two seasons.

The question that will require some real soul searching is just how much should they pay Goff? He is an unrestricted free agent in 2021. Does he receive, or warrant, a ~$30M per contract?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Suh was paid $14.5M last year, a very good salary. He played spotty throughout the season. He will be 32 next year. Though I'd like for the Rams to retain his services, I don't know if he is worth $14.5+M per season unless the guarantee was only for two seasons.

The question that will require some real soul searching is just how much should they pay Goff? He is an unrestricted free agent in 2021. Does he receive, or warrant, a ~$30M per contract?

What would be their options?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ribeye wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

What would be their options?

Hard to say today, as it will depend on too many variables, including and especially his (Goff's) performance next year, and what other quarterbacks are available via free agency and the draft. The team could always offer him a franchise tag, or, better yet, the transitional tag, to buy another year to see if there are better pickings the following year.

As for Suh, his market value according to Spotrac is $9.3M. That should be doable. Joyner's value is $10.6, so something might be workable here as well.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

for someone lacks serious mobility and pocket awareness, Goff's passing game does not offset those shortcomings.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Why are people saying Gurley might have been spent? When he got the ball he made some things happen. McVay just got too infatuated with his shiny new toy in CJ. The fact that he didnt find a way to get them on the field at the same time was really disappointing.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
need to shore up that offensive line. need to dress the Gurley situation. if he's shot mentally, then flip him for some draft pick when he still have value.
he may be shot mentally for a moment after being injured. but that was not the issue during the super bowl. when did Todd have a chance? nEver. when did the other Rb have a real chance? never.

Do you know why? i hate to say it but Bill boy got us. That friggin old man knows how to coach his a... off. it's that simple. He out coached us. our coach admitted he was out coached. If you ever played madden football the video game. You would know exactly what bill was doing. he was looking over our shoulder to see what plays we were about to run and he was calling the perfect counter to that play defensively when it was a run play. any time bill got it wrong the rams got yardage.

That SB was Kids vs Old heads. and Old heads won due to all that knowledge. thats all that was. It wasnt fear or goff was shook due to it being the SB. nope. We got out coached and Goff isnt old enough to have enough counters already in his head on how to beat those play calls while on the field like that. he needs time to process things and needs to be told a lot by his head coach. Goff and todd will be ok. Goff just needs a year or two to be on that level mentally. he's not there yet.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Teach that quarterback better pocket awareness and how to scramble a little more

Don't really think that's taught imo.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Don't really think that's taught imo.

Goff was clearly rattled for the most part, or the very least, he did not have the composure to calculate the field movement fast enough to go through his progressions--either miss seeing wide open receivers or seeing them too late to hit them while they were open. He did seem overwhelmed. What is hard to calculate from our living rooms, is just how much of a factor was the offensive line's inability to give him a bit more time, or how badly did McVay get outwitted, or how much of a factor was it that no one rose to the occasion in such a big game--while the receivers did nothing blatantly wrong as far as I could see, they didn't come up with the great play either. Then there is Gurley. Something is going on with Gurley and I do hope we learn the story.

Lastly, though maybe this sounds more like an excuse than part of the analysis, the Rams did not have their Edelman with Kupp out
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
NewsChopper4, checking in from #Inglewood this morning.
@RamsNFL
#WhoseHouse #RamsHouse
(link: http://4.nbcla.com/HLSl7gj) 4.nbcla.com/HLSl7gj

https://twitter.com/NBCLA/status/1093900082687197185
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

I like the Chiefs better as a Super Bowl pick.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

The genius of Belichick is being glossed over. Deflate gate's overshadowed his knowledge of the game. He prepares one game at a time, week to week, opponent by opponent.

You don't cheat your way to 6 Super Bowl wins. They've played in 7 of the last 12 SB's, 3 in a row, won 5.

I'm not a fan of the Patriots, I'm a Rams, Raiders fan. IMO to not give credit where it's due is being disingenuous.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Didn't expect this...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
1m
1 minute ago

More
A pre-free-agency surprise: Rams released starring inside LB Mark Barron, per league sources.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

that "Who's House, Rams' House" chant is so dumb and bush league. was this from the old days in Anaheim or something new when they moved back to LA?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Didn't expect this...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
1m
1 minute ago

More
A pre-free-agency surprise: Rams released starring inside LB Mark Barron, per league sources.

A surprise but when you see he's nearly a $10M cap hit

Code:
Year    Age    Base Salary    Signing        Roster       Restructure      Cap Hit      Dead Cap       Yearly Cash    

2019    29    $5,000,000    $1,000,000      $3,000,000      $666,666      $9,666,666    $2,000,000    $8,000,000($36,000,000)

and considering he has a 54.0 grade, whatever that means, but that he's considered below average by Pro Football Focus, then it begins to make sense.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/mark-barron/7013
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Didn't expect this...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
1m
1 minute ago

More

A surprise but when you see he's nearly a $10M cap hit

Code:
Year    Age    Base Salary    Signing        Roster       Restructure      Cap Hit      Dead Cap       Yearly Cash    

2019    29    $5,000,000    $1,000,000      $3,000,000      $666,666      $9,666,666    $2,000,000    $8,000,000($36,000,000)

and considering he has a 54.0 grade, whatever that means, but that he's considered below average by Pro Football Focus, then it begins to make sense.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/mark-barron/7013

Yeah, does save cap space. They were already weak at LB and it's going to be interesting how they attempt to rebuild the defense. Lots of question marks right now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
that "Who's House, Rams' House" chant is so dumb and bush league. was this from the old days in Anaheim or something new when they moved back to LA?

I think it was probably some old school Rams fans that showed up at one of those rallies when they welcomed the Rams back to LA.....
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I think it was probably some old school Rams fans that showed up at one of those rallies when they welcomed the Rams back to LA.....

It was especially cringe-y that first year back when Fisher was coaching and the team was getting stomped...and struggling just to cross the 50yard line.

And Barron wasn't worth the $$. They had too many undersized LBers and he was the most expensive.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

I was listening to Bill Simmons and he said that Gurley's knee is rumored to be arthritic. That could be bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30
Jump to: