Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

I know everyone saying he is irrelevant, but this is not a good look

1. Saying his effort is to force the Lakers to fire Luke
2. Saying he's not cool with Magic
3. Saying his son is struggling because he isn't being used right
4. Calling for Brian Shaw to be head coach

Criticizing the coach. Saying things like "if my son stays on the Laker, Luke will not be coach" doesn't help
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

BlackStarMamba wrote:
I know everyone saying he irrelevant, but this is not a good look

1. Saying hes effort is to force the Lakers to fire Luke
3. Saying his son is struggling because he isnt being used right

Criticizing the coach. Saying things like "if my son stays on the Laker, Luke will not be coach" doesn't help

A lot of people agree with most if not all of that.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

scooterp10 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

a lot of people who are paid to be journalists or opinion makes. but when you son plays for THE team NO.

You are not going to have Shaq go on Inside the NBA and call out his son's Coach. Bill Walton never commented on Luke Walton's teammates when he was a player or even currently about the Lakers when he was a coach
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

scooterp10 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

If Lonzo agrees with any or all of this, there is a time and a place to communicate it. If he's staying quiet and relying on his dad to fight his battles for him in the media, that is a very messy way of handling it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

His only goal is to make his son untradable
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

BlackStarMamba wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

a lot of people who are paid to be journalists or opinion makes. but when you son plays for THE team NO.

You are not going to have Shaq go on Inside the NBA and call out his son's Coach. Bill Walton never commented on Luke Walton's teammates when he was a player or even currently about the Lakers when he was a coach

You really comparing Laver to two hall of famers? Lavar is a clown
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

He's been relatively quiet most of the season and only started yapping when Lonzo was in trade rumors. Now that deadline passed, if lakers start playing well and once they get lonzo back if he plays the way he did before injury, we probably won't hear a peep until off season rumors start again
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LaVar Ball, a carny man, the barker. Who listens at all ?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
He's been relatively quiet most of the season and only started yapping when Lonzo was in trade rumors. Now that deadline passed, if lakers start playing well and once they get lonzo back if he plays the way he did before injury, we probably won't hear a peep until off season rumors start again
EggsAckley
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah here's the actual interview for context instead of just select buzz moments.

Overall not near as outrageous as the out of context excerpts would make you believe.

It means something when LaVar seems to have a better idea of how to coach our guys and what Luke is doing wrong, than Luke does.

What he says about Magic, and what he says about the Lakers constantly get rid of the players they draft right before and as they are coming on is spot on.

What he says about Luke sitting Lonzo too long before putting him back in is spot on.

A lot of what he says is exactly what near everyone on LG criticizes Luke for.

He's right when he says they've had too many draft picks that they got rid of right as they were coming on to do something. We saw that yesterday too as Zubac turning it on only to get traded for a center that won't be here next year that shoots 39% from the field, because he shoots 35-36% from three.

And the reason he's not cool with Magic is because Magic showed who he was. He calls the guy the future/untouchable one minute, and then the next is trying to get rid of them.

THEN the "coincidentally leaked" to the media story about Magic suddenly really wanting De'Aaron Fox but now that it was Jeanie that wanted Lonzo...

All this stuff isn't coincidences, and LaVar knows why it is suddenly leaking to the media.

I don't disagree with any of that tbh. But when you put it in it's actual context it isn't as outlandish.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Yeah here's the actual interview for context instead of just select buzz moments.

Overall not near as outrageous as the out of context excerpts would make you believe.

It means something when LaVar seems to have a better idea of how to coach our guys and what Luke is doing wrong, than Luke does.

What he says about Magic, and what he says about the Lakers constantly get rid of the players they draft right before and as they are coming on is spot on.

What he says about Luke sitting Lonzo too long before putting him back in is spot on.

A lot of what he says is exactly what near everyone on LG criticizes Luke for.

He's right when he says they've had too many draft picks that they got rid of right as they were coming on to do something. We saw that yesterday too as Zubac turning it on only to get traded for a center that won't be here next year that shoots 39% from the field, because he shoots 35-36% from three.

And the reason he's not cool with Magic is because Magic showed who he was. He calls the guy the future/untouchable one minute, and then the next is trying to get rid of them.

THEN the "coincidentally leaked" to the media story about Magic suddenly really wanting De'Aaron Fox but now that it was Jeanie that wanted Lonzo...

All this stuff isn't coincidences, and LaVar knows why it is suddenly leaking to the media.

I don't disagree with any of that tbh. But when you put it in it's actual context it isn't as outlandish.

False. Stephen A made that assumption. There was no leak. Did you actually hear the segment or going off something else?
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Why even pay attention to Lavar? He is a clown and a loudmouth. Doesn’t deserve a thread.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:

False. Stephen A made that assumption.

Stephen A said that Magic told him.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

There were three separate but interviews and each got worse and worse.
The Whitlock one was bad.

He mentioned Brian Shaw should be the coach because when Luke was ejected " it was night and day"

My problem with Lavar is he comes in to kick Luke when he's down knowing Luke is probably gone. He's going to take credit for Luke firing, and then claim the Lakers improvement is due to a new coach that believes in Lonzo.

He claims Lonzo plays well when you give him 35+....when Lonzo was averaging more minutes last year, he wasn't tearing it up.

He throws Kuzma and Ingram under the bus and says they are nothing and only good cuz of Lonzo. Dude kuz made all rookie 1st team and Lonzo made the 2nd.

None of that is cool. Criticize the coach, but don't throw the entire team under the bus. And I'm more pissed if Lonzo doesn't say anything about that.

He remind me of Trump he has an excuse ready made.

Lonzo struggles cuz coach sucks.
If we win it's cuz of Lonzo
If we lose it's cuz they don't use him right
Lonzo missing free throws, it's cuz of the coach

No one has called him out on why Liangelo probably didn't get even a Summer league spot was because of him (Lavar)
SuperNutZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

This lavar ball ?

You could kinda see where some of the skill and playing style his kids pick up from
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

SuperNutZ wrote:
This lavar ball ?

You could kinda see where some of the skill and playing style his kids pick up from

NEVA LOST
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

scooterp10 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

LaVar a load mouth scrub in his days, now a self proclaimed know it all. I'm
tune dead to anything that ranking idiot says. Reminds of another rantor
I put up with...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

scooterp10 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

not really, mostly just the fanboys and Lonzo apologists. Lavar could burn down the UCLA Health Center with Lonzo standing beside him and they would scream "Lonzo did't actually light the match". Lavar is a CANCER and Lonzo clearly does not have the maturity and/or desire to stand up to his father.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

He makes a lot of excuses for his sons. I hope Lonzo doesn’t listen to that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

adkindo wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

not really, mostly just the fanboys and Lonzo apologists. Lavar could burn down the UCLA Health Center with Lonzo standing beside him and they would scream "Lonzo did't actually light the match". Lavar is a CANCER and Lonzo clearly does not have the maturity and/or desire to stand up to his father.

LaVar controls the perception but Lonzo is so laid back that I don't think he cares one way or another what Lavar does or says (he's used to the shenanigans).
LaVar is a salesman & all about that cash. IMO standing up to LaVar may slow his roll for a second but it will not silence him.
LaVar is a publicity hound. He's gonna talk ish all the way to the bank. Regardless.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

That would be very short sighted, if he is untradeable it means no one wants him on their team. When he becomes a free agent, if demand for him goes down it means he will make less money.

Lavar should be trying to make him look like a hot commodity not a headache for whatever team he is on.

If he really wanted to make his son some money he would stop trashing the team he is on and instead only talk about how great his son is.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Halflife wrote:

That would be very short sighted, if he is untradeable it means no one wants him on their team. When he becomes a free agent, if demand for him goes down it means he will make less money.

Lavar should be trying to make him look like a hot commodity not a headache for whatever team he is on.

If he really wanted to make his son some money he would stop trashing the team he is on and instead only talk about how great his son is.

No. It comes down to if he’s good enough for a team to want him and his dad. Some players are worth drama that comes with them..
shakobe24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe people still give this clown a platform. It's Lavar's fault Lonzo isn't on an all-star track. Lonzo has great natural basketball instincts. A real trainer would have fixed his jump shot in high school and Lonzo with a reliable jumper is a top 5 point guard.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball, Lonzo Ball

adkindo wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

A lot of people lately have been calling for Luke to be fired.
A lot of people lately are not happy with Magic and what he’s done to the team. In particular with our young talent.
A lot of people don’t believe Lonzo or Ingram are good as corner 3 guys. But when LeBron is healthy that is what they are mostly doing on offense.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Done with these clowns. I can see an off-season trade to Suns or Magic
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: