OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1716, 1717, 1718 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
He's playing winning basketball recently for one of the first times in his NBA career. He's making the right decision more often than he ever has, and now the next step is the execution. I've never felt like he was more on the right track than I do right now.

He needs to prioritize working on his catch & shoot 3's above all else this offseason. Good to see him beginning to take those open shots alongside LeBron though, even if he's not making them at a high clip yet.
Agreed completely. The kickout to Kuz for 3 to tie, taking the corner 3 with no hesitation (even though he missed), and not being afraid of the moment with the layup at the end.

That was a huge play by BI. His court awareness has been improving tremendously the last few weeks.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
Great game by Ingram. Proud of him on that last play ...... no hesitation, straight to the rack .....and got fouled by Horford.

He's still so young too ...... going to be a great player for us for years to come.

Very good game. Amazing defensive effort. But that last play was a disaster and he got very lucky. You get the ball back to Bron there.

Disagree. LeBron was being face guarded by Morris 94 feet and he had a clean runway with a great matchup (Horford) to take off the dribble. It was the right read and he got a great shot. Horford actually interfered with the basket and should have been called for goal tending.

The basketball gods rewarded us too~!~

He didn’t get a good shot at all and was blocked. It’s not hard to get LeBron the ball in that scenario and Ingram wasn’t making anything yesterday. That was a terrible decision and there’s no legitimate argument otherwise. Why must we always do this dance with Ingram? He played well. Best defender on the court and was integral in the win but that was a blatantly bad decision. Call it what it is and move on.

I don't understand why you are placing full blame on Ingram for how that last play went down. If you want to dissect the play, then all 5 on the court should be faulted (or Boston credited for playing good D), because nobody was open to receive the ball... especially Lebron who was being swamped by Morris. Ingram had one option and took it without hesitation, which is great to see. Even if it wasn't executed well enough to result in him scoring himself and we then got lucky with how the ball landed up in Rondo's hands. If Ingram had attempted to get it to Bron there, it would have most likely resulted in a turnover... so I'm happier that he tried to make something happen himself without it being a bone-headed play, like that KCP air-ball a coupla weeks ago. Are you sure you're talking about the very last play in the game or something else?

Last play starts at 9:00 in:
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m glad Ingram tried to take the last shot. At age 24-31, that final shot will be a dunk and +1.

I'm a little more optimistic than that... Think he can get as soon as next season, if he puts in a dedicated effort in the off-season. I'd like to see him closer in size/mass to Kuz, cos that's when I think he'll explode.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

His ball rotation is totally out of whack. We need a shooting coach pronto. Or he (and some other guys) can do us all a favour and hire one themselves.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
He's playing winning basketball recently for one of the first times in his NBA career. He's making the right decision more often than he ever has, and now the next step is the execution. I've never felt like he was more on the right track than I do right now.

He needs to prioritize working on his catch & shoot 3's above all else this offseason. Good to see him beginning to take those open shots alongside LeBron though, even if he's not making them at a high clip yet.

Who knows what the future holds, but I feel like Brandon's path to learning how to be great is longer and more prone to trial and error than other star players. Perhaps because of his physique, or perhaps because of his perfectionist tendencies. I read he was a late bloomer in high school too.

Who knows if he'll ever reach the goals he's set for himself, or what team he'll reach them with, but it's an interesting journey to watch.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
Great game by Ingram. Proud of him on that last play ...... no hesitation, straight to the rack .....and got fouled by Horford.

He's still so young too ...... going to be a great player for us for years to come.

Very good game. Amazing defensive effort. But that last play was a disaster and he got very lucky. You get the ball back to Bron there.

Disagree. LeBron was being face guarded by Morris 94 feet and he had a clean runway with a great matchup (Horford) to take off the dribble. It was the right read and he got a great shot. Horford actually interfered with the basket and should have been called for goal tending.

He didn’t get a good shot at all and was blocked. It’s not hard to get LeBron the ball in that scenario and Ingram wasn’t making anything yesterday. That was a terrible decision and there’s no legitimate argument otherwise. Why must we always do this dance with Ingram? He played well. Best defender on the court and was integral in the win but that was a blatantly bad decision. Call it what it is and move on.

I don't understand why you are placing full blame on Ingram for how that last play went down. If you want to dissect the play, then all 5 on the court should be faulted (or Boston credited for playing good D), because nobody was open to receive the ball... especially Lebron who was being swamped by Morris. Ingram had one option and took it without hesitation, which is great to see. Even if it wasn't executed well enough to result in him scoring himself and we then got lucky with how the ball landed up in Rondo's hands. If Ingram had attempted to get it to Bron there, it would have most likely resulted in a turnover... so I'm happier that he tried to make something happen himself without it being a bone-headed play, like that KCP air-ball a coupla weeks ago. Are you sure you're talking about the very last play in the game or something else?

Cross over, drive towards the middle to create a passing angle and allow Bron to create a lead. He had more than one option. Saying his only options were a poor drive that led to a block, a turnover, or an air ball 3 is holding Ingram to an incredibly low standard. Expecting a foul or goaltending on that play in that situation is a fools errand. Never gonna get that call.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m glad Ingram tried to take the last shot. At age 24-31, that final shot will be a dunk and +1.

I'm a little more optimistic than that... Think he can get as soon as next season, if he puts in a dedicated effort in the off-season. I'd like to see him closer in size/mass to Kuz, cos that's when I think he'll explode.

Regardless, he can’t now and shouldn’t practice it down 1 with 10 seconds left in a critical game.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

Cross over, drive towards the middle to create a passing angle and allow Bron to create a lead. He had more than one option. Saying his only options were a poor drive that led to a block, a turnover, or an air ball 3 is holding Ingram to an incredibly low standard. Expecting a foul or goaltending on that play in that situation is a fools errand. Never gonna get that call.

It's not like Lebron is Mr. Clutch Shot in the last seconds of a game. Anyway, let's agree to disagree... it wasn't an "awesome" play but I don't think it was bad or wrong either. Worked out well for us at the end, and as others have pointed out too... these guys aren't going to grow without trying to make stuff happen... or else they'll all end up just as useless as the team Lebron left behind in Cleveland.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

It's not like Lebron is Mr. Clutch Shot... anyway, let's agree to disagree. It worked out well for us at the end, and as others have pointed out too... these guys aren't going to grow without trying to make stuff happen... or else they'll all end up just as useless as the team Lebron left behind in Cleveland.

Seriously?

Yes it’s good for development, not for winning games. I think winning games should be the priority not development since we are multiple games outta the playoffs. If you’re more interested in a lottery pick, I agree it was the right play.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

He didn’t get a good shot at all and was blocked.

It was a good defensive play by Horford.

Yes it was. He’s a good defensive player.

It was a blatant goaltend. You can't go through the net to block shots.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Do you think that would get called more often than not in that situation? I doubt it gets called more than 1 in 5 times. I also wouldn’t call that blatant, at all.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Practice wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Do you think that would get called more often than not in that situation? I doubt it gets called more than 1 in 5 times. I also wouldn’t call that blatant, at all.

It was a foul ... if you hit the ball the ball moves. Watch the replay Horford hits the hand and the ball falls. He did go through the net not the hoop...just not positive that's a GT

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Practice wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

It was a foul ... if you hit the ball the ball moves. Watch the replay Horford hits the hand and the ball falls. He did go through the net not the hoop...just not positive that's a GT

That’s not a foul especially not in that situation. If you hit the ball and it moves it’s not a foul. If you hit the hand in that situation it’s very rarely a foul. You’re very rarely going to get a goaltend in that kind of play and you’ll almost never get it that late in a game.

This is reminding me of the Lonzo foul vs the Thunder. You can blame the refs but it would be misplacing the blame whether you’re right about the call or not. It was a bad play and he was bailed out just like Zo was.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

They'll never call that a foul, BI doesn't even attempt to dunk the ball. He goes up all soft.

He's lucky the ball even came back to Rondo when it was basically in Horfords hands.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

The problem started with the inbounds. Javale should have screened the defender to allow LBJ to get the ball. Also screen the defender as LBJ came up court to free him for the pass.

Edit: not Javale. Should have been BI.

I don't fault BI for taking the initiative to score considering the time on the clock. I don't see how he could have made a pass to LBJ on the drive as he was covered well. I thought BI was hand checked by Horford on the drive and of course no call. BI needs to learn counter moves instead of always attempting to drive all the way to the hoop. A floater would also work. Of course he can just exaggerate a foul or flop like Harden.

Last edited by PlantedTanks on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

If you have Horford guarding you 1v1 at the 3pt line why wouldn't you take it to the rim?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
It's not like Lebron is Mr. Clutch Shot in the last seconds of a game.

Actually he is... http://www.82games.com/1718/CSORT11.HTM

I don't think Ingram did anything wrong on that play though. And despite a poor shooting game I thought he played well.

Last edited by J.C. Smith on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Give Bramdon credit,he has played better the last few games.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
If you have Horford guarding you 1v1 at the 3pt line why wouldn't you take it to the rim?

Depends on the player. BI almost always drives all the way to the rim and almost always he is bodied/hand checked by the defender resulting in BI pushed into an unfavorable position as he attempts to lay the ball up. That imo is what happened on this play as he was pushed farther under the basket as Horford hand checked him. If he had a floater, pull up short jumper or another counter move he will be harder to defend.

OTOH when you watch Lebron on his drives he bodies the defender out of his way as he is normally bigger/stronger than they are. In the highlight video watch how Tatum had no chance when Lebron bodied him on his drive.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Give Bramdon credit,he has played better the last few games.

I agree, and most importantly he's showing growth year over year.

Without a jumpshot however..... he's getting nowhere near his ceiling.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
His ball rotation is totally out of whack. We need a shooting coach pronto. Or he (and some other guys) can do us all a favour and hire one themselves.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

BI: the sole survivor from the previous regime.
We need a big game from you in Philly
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
trablos wrote:

Depends on the player. BI almost always drives all the way to the rim and almost always he is bodied/hand checked by the defender resulting in BI pushed into an unfavorable position as he attempts to lay the ball up. That imo is what happened on this play as he was pushed farther under the basket as Horford hand checked him. If he had a floater, pull up short jumper or another counter move he will be harder to defend.

OTOH when you watch Lebron on his drives he bodies the defender out of his way as he is normally bigger/stronger than they are. In the highlight video watch how Tatum had no chance when Lebron bodied him on his drive.

Yup, got pushed off balance.. kinda stumbled
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
It's not like Lebron is Mr. Clutch Shot in the last seconds of a game.

Actually he is... http://www.82games.com/1718/CSORT11.HTM

See, this is the problem with stats... they can be used to tell different stories depending on how they are used. If you sort this table out by TOTAL points scored, then it supports your argument that he is. However, if you sort this same table out by FIELD GOAL % or 3PT %... then it supports mine more because Rondo has a higher % in both these categories. So, if we then apply the logic that Ingram should have passed it to the most clutch guy on the team, using this table, that would have been Rondo and not Lebron.

FG%: Rondo 63.6%, Lebron 55.8%
3PT%: Rondo 75%, Lebron 31.8%

Anyway, my intention wasn't to get into a debate about whether Lebron is clutch. He's the star on this team and they'll be looking for him to get the ball and make clutch shots often enough. It's also nice to know that if the opposition takes Lebron out of the equation, then our young guys aren't going to stand around like lost puppy dogs and try to make things happen themselves. That's all I was trying to say... I don't think Ingram made a bad play, he went with the flow in the scenario he was faced with.
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

It's not like Lebron is Mr. Clutch Shot in the last seconds of a game. Anyway, let's agree to disagree... it wasn't an "awesome" play but I don't think it was bad or wrong either. Worked out well for us at the end, and as others have pointed out too... these guys aren't going to grow without trying to make stuff happen... or else they'll all end up just as useless as the team Lebron left behind in Cleveland.

Only the all time leader in playoff buzzer beaters.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1716, 1717, 1718 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1717 of 1885
Jump to: