The missing pieces
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxBaDGuYxX
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

If we hadnt shot ourselves in the foot with Mozgov and Deng, we would have been stacked with assets galore!

- Kobe Bryant
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

KobeIsTheOne wrote:
LKA wrote:
This team needs a 2nd go to guy badly. And we don’t have one on the roster.

Kuzma can be LeBron’s version of Pippen. He’s got all the talent in the world, is just in his 2nd season, and has the stones to take the big shot.

As Laker fans, we’re not used to long stretches without being title contenders. It would do us all well well to exercise just a bit of patience right now while the kids develop...we have 3 very young future all stars on this roster!

If by "all the talent in the world" you mean to exclude the the most important skills Scotty had, which was defense and playmaking, then yes, he has all the talent in the world.

Scotty Pippen was Kawhi Leonard with playmaking/pg skills.

Kyle Kuzma will never come close to being the player Kawhi is today, and he sure as heck isn't or ever will be Scotty Pippen.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Health
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The missing pieces

Car54 wrote:
I don’t think we have to get a Mega Star to contend. I think bringing back Randle replacing Tyson or McGee with Randle and replacing Lance with Russell would make the Lakers contenders right away. Just my thoughts

The only chance that would happen is if the Lakers struck out in free agency this off-season and used that "max space" to sign both Russell and Randle to lucrative long term deals.

But I'm not so sure the Lakers would be willing to do that, they'd need to pay Russell enough that Brooklyn wouldn't match (unlikely at this point), Randle is the biggest chance as an UFA but I dunno if Magic will swallow his pride. If he does, Randle could potentially be added. Russell would be far harder to pry from Brooklyn.
KobeIsTheOne
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
KobeIsTheOne wrote:
LKA wrote:

Kuzma can be LeBron’s version of Pippen. He’s got all the talent in the world, is just in his 2nd season, and has the stones to take the big shot.

As Laker fans, we’re not used to long stretches without being title contenders. It would do us all well well to exercise just a bit of patience right now while the kids develop...we have 3 very young future all stars on this roster!

If by "all the talent in the world" you mean to exclude the the most important skills Scotty had, which was defense and playmaking, then yes, he has all the talent in the world.

Kyle Kuzma will never come close to being the player Kawhi is today, and he sure as heck isn't or ever will be Scotty Pippen.

Not saying Kuz and Pip are carbon copies, just saying that KK absolutely has the potential of a future all star and has the talent to be LeBron’s 2nd fiddle.

“Never come close to being the player Kawhi is today...” Man, how the hell do you definitively KNOW that? You can speculate all you want, but to try and say with any authority that you know a talented NBA player’s ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL in their second freaking year makes you just sound foolish and arrogant.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130129/daily-dime

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-thinks-neo-matrix-could-ve-best-174850191--nba.html
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject:

Kuzma has the potential to be lebron's #2 when he's on.
Unfortunately he's streaky. So when he's off he has the potential to be MY #2 after I had a 5 lb burrito.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject:

XxBaDGuYxX wrote:
If we hadnt shot ourselves in the foot with Mozgov and Deng, we would have been stacked with assets galore!

DLO was the asset left by the previous front office also. If Magic was in charge, we would have got Okafor. Oh, and we would have got more value in return if we trade pack DLO with Moz now. Blame Magic for being impatience.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

Just look at a match up with State

Cousins vs McGee
Green vs James
Durant vs Kuzma
Thompson vs Ingram
Curry vs Ball

Other than LBJ we can’t really compete talent wise. Even the Raptors team, Bucks, Nuggets are more rounded and loaded with talent 1-5.

At the very least we need a major upgrade at PG or the 5 spot.

Signing Kyrie in the summer then trading Ball, Hart, a pick, for big would go a long way. To win a title or be in position to do so, in the league right now, you need weapons at every position on the floor. We are still major lacking at the 5 and 1 against elite teams.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject:

If we get a #2 (which I think there are many paths available to us), we are a legitimate championship contender. Pushing Kuz and BI to 3/4 would be amazing.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Well Pelinka just said Bullock or Muscala could be our Julian Edelman. That one player who makes all the difference.

comparing Bullock or Muscala to Edelman is just silly. Pelinka spoke about Edelman like he just came down from the mountain and started playing for the Pats this season....as if he has not been a force and big part of the Pats for years.

And as if in the NBA, there is every even a remote chance in hell that players like Muscala or Bullock could be NBA Finals MVPs.

Pelinka is the same person who repeatedly described Lonzo as "trancendent" and "transformative" and stopped just shy of calling him the second coming..

So...hyperbole much?

I think Bullock has a chance at being a good story....maybe even a guy that hits a few big shots in big moments.....but Edelman is a couple more big seasons away from us having a conversation about him being HOF worthy or not.

We’ll see, Bullock never play with a Rondo/LeBron type passer
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
If we get a #2 (which I think there are many paths available to us), we are a legitimate championship contender. Pushing Kuz and BI to 3/4 would be amazing.

Still the goal and still has to happen for our FO to be deemed successful (only way to maximize LeBron’s golden years)
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

KobeIsTheOne wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
KobeIsTheOne wrote:
LKA wrote:

Not saying Kuz and Pip are carbon copies, just saying that KK absolutely has the potential of a future all star and has the talent to be LeBron’s 2nd fiddle.

“Never come close to being the player Kawhi is today...” Man, how the hell do you definitively KNOW that? You can speculate all you want, but to try and say with any authority that you know a talented NBA player’s ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL in their second freaking year makes you just sound foolish and arrogant.

Negatory.

The burden of proof is ON YOU to establish why it is that Kuzma is/can be Scotty Pippen to Michael Jordan. The only foolish and arrogant thing said by either you or me, is the statement you made about Kuzma being Jordan's Pippen.

I listed two things on why KK will never ever be Jordan's Pippen, or even Kawhi. Scotty Pippen without playmaking or defense isn't Scotty Pippen!

Maybe you should have said - "Kuzma can be Jordan's version of Stacy King".

Now we'd be talking.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

We need a 2nd guy who can knock down 40% of his 3s at volume.
We need a reliable C who is athletic, can shoot 35% from 3 and is a good defender
We need one or more of our young guys to improve dramatically

That’s what we need. Russell is a poor defending volume scorer. Randle is a poor defending athletic inside scorer. Those kind of players can feast being featured on weak teams but that’s about it.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Signing Kyrie in the summer then trading Ball, Hart, a pick, for big would go a long way. To win a title or be in position to do so, in the league right now, you need weapons at every position on the floor. We are still major lacking at the 5 and 1 against elite teams.

Exactly what I said in my post, PG & C are the major Laker weaknesses, I'm glad that the Davis trade did not go down, Lakers would have vastly improved in one position and weakened 4 others...
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Exactly what I said in my post, PG & C are the major Laker weaknesses, I'm glad that the Davis trade did not go down, Lakers would have vastly improved in one position and weakened 4 others...

Lakers with their core and a max free agent this summer > no core and AD.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

Agree

And I will be VERY surprised if the Pelicans end up getting any where near as nice of package than the one the Lakers offered..!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
M2K wrote:

Agree

And I will be VERY surprised if the Pelicans end up getting any where near as nice of package than the one the Lakers offered..!

I agree, but for most of the country it won't be apparent to them for a couple more years when our guys really mature and develop. Tatum has become the second coming of Jesus and the savior of the league for stopping AD from becoming a Laker. Pels took the lesser offer for CP3 too. That front office is just bad, which is why they can't hold onto hall of fame talent. I'm content with just holding onto the core.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

Ideally yes, but the problem is convincing these max free agents to come this summer after the FO revealed themselves as laughing stocks to the rest of NBA for falling in line with the Pelican's troll job.

What's the pitch for someone like KD, who said the media is toxic around Lebron? Another one of Pelinka's stupid trolley stories?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: