The real reason we failed to trade for Anthony Davis...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: The real reason we failed to trade for Anthony Davis...

...is because the Lakers' intention to rob the Pelicans is so obvious that our GM's name is literally Rob Pelikan, and his former client's shoes are called Kobe A.D. Clearly one of the biggest mistakes made by the Lakers. We should cut ties with both of them as soon as possible.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

Wot...
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: The real reason we failed to trade for Anthony Davis...

yuurin98 wrote:
...is because the Lakers' intention to rob the Pelicans is so obvious that our GM's name is literally Rob Pelikan, and his former client's shoes are called Kobe A.D. Clearly one of the biggest mistakes made by the Lakers. We should cut ties with both of them as soon as possible.

Lol?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

I laughed.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

I cried...
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: The real reason we failed to trade for Anthony Davis...

yuurin98 wrote:

Earvin Johnson's nickname is magic, but not the good kind, the black magic/voodoo kind. Plus the Lakers' name originated from the lakes of Minneapolis, where you can normally spot flocks of Pelicans. The plan to steal AD started way before they moved to LA, and before he was born, known as B.C. era (Before California). Hence, it is apropos that his initials are A.D. Ignore the negative comments. Me and you see eye to eye.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: The real reason we failed to trade for Anthony Davis...

yuurin98 wrote:
LOL, then we should hired a GM named Michael, then the negotiation would go something like this.

This is my offer: Nothing. Not even the plane ticket to fly AD to Los Angeles, which I would appreciate if you would to put up personally.
LakerVenom24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
Wot...

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

I conquered.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: The real reason we failed to trade for Anthony Davis...

Runway8 wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

Earvin Johnson's nickname is magic, but not the good kind, the black magic/voodoo kind. Plus the Lakers' name originated from the lakes of Minneapolis, where you can normally spot flocks of Pelicans. The plan to steal AD started way before they moved to LA, and before he was born, known as B.C. era (Before California). Hence, it is apropos that his initials are A.D. Ignore the negative comments. Me and you see eye to eye.

Wow, fellas! This stuff is supposed to be kept secret!!! Sheesh!
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Clever.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Okay, a simple "wrong" woulda done just fine but…
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:

100% agreement!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
I laughed.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: The real reason we failed to trade for Anthony Davis...

Rek wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

Wow, fellas! This stuff is supposed to be kept secret!!! Sheesh!

It's been an open secret. We all knew this, it's just unspoken. We were pretty blatant during the Showtime era too. I mean we drafted AC. Alphabetically, who would be next? AD of course, Duh! We've been dropping hints, the league was just in denial.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

we also drafter D'Angelo because his name sounds like Los Angeles.

We drafted Lonzo Ball because his name has the word Ball.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Codename Pelikan come in Pelikan A.D has been compromised extract the target immediatly Pelikan over.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I conquered.
vidi... veni....I couldn't help myself
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

I heard the Lakers were named after some stupid lakes in Minnesota. The only reason they weren't renamed the Pacifics is because George Mikan didn't like the name.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Gold...
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The real reason we failed to trade for Anthony Davis...

yuurin98 wrote:

Our young guns trade value cratered due to lack of player development and the team was not in playoff contention .... thx Luke
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

This was the BEST new topic and original post in MONTHS!!

Love the humor and putting a comedic spin on this deal
Dline.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Furthermore... In recent years, we've dropped hints with the players we signed or drafted.

Anthony Brown
Ed Davis

It's so obvious, they could have claimed tampering a few years back. Wake up and smell the coffee!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: