OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1593, 1594, 1595 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Brad Turner reported that he’ll be back after the all star break. Obviously should be taken with a grain of salt

False!!!
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-trade-aftermath-20190208-story.html

It was Broderick Turner!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
If the Ball family wants to continue to be associated with the Lakers - then Zo needs to frickin' improve his shooting percentage, period end of story, the Lakers are not a Charity supporting poor shooters!

Hear that dad?

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject:

Calling Ingram and Kuz raggedy without Lonzo is probably a step too far by Lavar. That hurts his sons relationship with his teammates, as well as his coach, as well as Magic. It may or may not be the truth, but Lonzo has to play with these guys.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
If the Ball family wants to continue to be associated with the Lakers - then Zo needs to frickin' improve his shooting percentage, period end of story, the Lakers are not a Charity supporting poor shooters!

Hear that dad?

He’s already doing that. In fact he was one of our best 3 point shooters during the stretch of games he played when was LeBron out. There is so much more to the game then just shooting though. Do the Lakers support poor defense and turnovers as long as you can shoot?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Calling Ingram and Kuz raggedy without Lonzo is probably a step too far by Lavar. That hurts his sons relationship with his teammates, as well as his coach, as well as Magic. It may or may not be the truth, but Lonzo has to play with these guys.

Nah, that’s his dad, not Lonzo. Same with Muscala.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Brad Turner reported that he’ll be back after the all star break. Obviously should be taken with a grain of salt

False!!!
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-trade-aftermath-20190208-story.html

It was Broderick Turner!

I mean he’s right.... he can come back May and it’s after the all star break.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
All Lonzo needs to do is distance himself from what his father was saying in his TV parade.

Lonzo's already said countless times what his father says is what his father says and that it's his thing.

Doesn't stop people from constantly acting like they have the right to tell Lonzo what or act like they are the authority on what he should do with his father.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

“We ain’t goin nowhere, we can’t be stopped...”
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PengShow wrote:
All Lonzo needs to do is distance himself from what his father was saying in his TV parade.

Lonzo's already said countless times what his father says is what his father says and that it's his thing.

Doesn't stop people from constantly acting like they have the right to tell Lonzo what or act like they are the authority on what he should do with his father.

People act like Lonzo can control what his father or anyone else does. It doesn’t work that way with the people you love. Lavar doesn’t work for Lonzo, he gave him life. Lonzo ain’t gonna write him up and fire him if he doesn’t shape up. I actually like Lavar. He out of everyone is looking out for his son. Everyone else is looking to use his son for profit.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
MJST wrote:
PengShow wrote:

People act like Lonzo can control what his father or anyone else does. It doesn’t work that way with the people you love. Lavar doesn’t work for Lonzo, he gave him life. Lonzo ain’t gonna write him up and fire him if he doesn’t shape up. I actually like Lavar. He out of everyone is looking out for his son. Everyone else is looking to use his son for profit.

He can remove himself from show.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

Aside from shooting the rock, Ball is a good player.

But shooting is a very important skill he needs to develop.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

'01 Fisher returned from injury and was a lights out shooter in the post season.

'08 Ariza returned from injury with greatly improved shooting that Phil didn't play until next season.

'18 Lonzo already improved somewhat coming off a knee injury, which no doubt, limited his ability to begin to practice shooting.

'19...I have complete confidence that because of limited motion, most of his practice will be limited to shooting, and he will return even better than we've seen.

Improvements are a process for young players with any sense of desire. Critics micromanage the process/their growth from game to game, or even week to week, making it seem like it isn't happening. If you don't see a kid for a week, you don't notice he's taller, but after the summer, you notice it.

His recovery will allow him to stand and walk first, but limits lateral mobility and stability. He's probably getting a ton of shots up each day and should surprise the critics who keep saying what he better do, or else...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

False!!!

It was Broderick Turner!

I'm busting bgh's chops.
Broderick reported this. Not Brad
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

Lavar is so toxic to this kid. Last time I checked Lonzo was a grown azz man? Why does his father feel the need to hog his son's spotlight?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I can't wait until he's back.

No kidding, watching Rondo play defense is so frustrating, dude puts zero effort on that end.

What’s strange about that is that Rondo used to be a lockdown defender.

Lots of guys were good defenders at 25. These days, Rondo can still do it in bursts, but he can’t sustain it.

Certainly he'll do it in longish spurts in the playoffs. The question is whether he'll do it enough during the regular season so we can actually reach the playoffs.

Can't put this all on Rondo. It was suppose to be a joint effort, and neither him or Lonzo has kept their part of the bargains.
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious to know this from Lakers fans:

If Magic wanted to bring in Kyrie, how would you all, as Lonzo fans, knowing he is young still, feel about that? If Kyrie comes over, you have Lebron and Kyrie having the ball in his hands, so that would put Lonzo in a very bad place.
Swagron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:

If Magic wanted to bring in Kyrie, how would you all, as Lonzo fans, knowing he is young still, feel about that? If Kyrie comes over, you have Lebron and Kyrie having the ball in his hands, so that would put Lonzo in a very bad place.

Trade Ball.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:

I would assume that Ball would be gone in that scenario. That’s likely true if we sign Kemba Walker, too.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Zo is a Laker for Life.

Kyrie and Zo will play the "Guard Roles".

The crazy thing about Lavar is that he's right about everything he says.
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:

I would assume that Ball would be gone in that scenario. That’s likely true if we sign Kemba Walker, too.

Kyrie is a FA, so Lonzo doesn't HAVE to go.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:

Lonzo and Kuzma are my favorite players, and they are a great pair together. I’m hoping they can find a way to keep Lonzo, no matter who they acquire. But,if he gets traded, that's life.

I also really liked Zubac... sigh
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Swagron wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:

Trade Ball.

For a top 10 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Swagron wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:

Trade Ball.

Don't need to trade Zo. Have him play SG. Or trade if the Lakers bring ing Kyrie and a SG like Klay.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

It would be great if he is ready to come back after all star break. Initial dx is 4-6 weeks. He was injured on 1/20 and first game back from AS break is 2/21. That's almost 5 weeks.
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Sago wrote:
epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

False!!!

It was Broderick Turner!

I'm busting bgh's chops.
Broderick reported this. Not Brad

sources from...umm Antarctica claim it’s actually Brian turner! or was it bob?! personally I think it’s definitely bobo turner...just has to be!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1593, 1594, 1595 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1594 of 1688
Jump to: