*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia 76ers (02/10/19) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I don't think we make the playoffs and frankly I am not sure why anyone here should get their hopes up that we can make it. I think we end the season about 500, or a little over.

This is a year where injuries played a major role in the team struggling but also how the roster was constructed and coached.

Changes need to be made this offseason but I do like some parts of the team.

Need shooters...
Need a stretch 5
Need defensive players
Need a new coach
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
TMG wrote:
Hawks
Rockets
Pelicans
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Bucks
Suns
Clippers
Nuggets
Celtics
Bulls
Raptors
Pistons
Knicks
Bucks
Nets
Kings
Wizards
Jazz
Hornets
Pelicans
Thunder
Warriors
Clippers
Jazz
Blazers

Thats our schedule for the rest of the season...How many of those do we win?

Pretty tough schedule especially down the stretch.

13 home, 13 away.

Some of those "tough matchups" are teams like the Rockets where we we want to avoid getting swept for the season series.

I feel the Lakers will pick up some momemtum and go on a winning streak. Sure injuries have destroyed our juice for the meanwhile but we could still salvage the rest of the season.

Gotta take care of Atlanta on Tuesday heading into the AS break.

What makes you think that this team will go on a win streak? We dont play defense, we cant shoot consistently, and we have no one who can take over a game.
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I don't think we make the playoffs and frankly I am not sure why anyone here should get their hopes up that we can make it. I think we end the season about 500, or a little over.

This is a year where injuries played a major role in the team struggling but also how the roster was constructed and coached.

Changes need to be made this offseason but I do like some parts of the team.

Need shooters...
Need a stretch 5
Need defensive players
Need a new coach

Stretch 5? you mean muscala and wagner arent good enough?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
We have no answer to Embiid. If they are hitting 3s, then we are going to lose 4 out of 5 games against that team. They're just better right now.

Embiid does that to everyone. It's the unsung heroes like Tobias Harris and JJ Reddick. They had 20 a piece and every time we would make a run they would ice it down with a three or a and 1 bucket.

We completely exposed Ben Simmons though. He looked horrible. 8,7, and 3 First play of the game nobody picked him up until the free throw line. I thought Lonzo had a bad shot

Still not worried about them they gotta figure out who to pay and trade at the end of the season. The Sixers might very well make the Finals this year i feel there biggest threat is Toronto or Milwaukee. Which will lead to getting swept by the Warriors. Maybe force a game 5.

S#IT game for us. Gotta shake it off and beat up on the Hawks heading into All Star Weekend. .
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Cranjis McBasketball
‏ @T1m_NBA
41m41 minutes ago

Cranjis McBasketball Retweeted Filippo

Yup. Don’t fall into the “well LA should have lost” trap. Did LA give themselves the best chance to win? That’s the question that should be asked.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

That Philly Visitor Room looks very classy! A row of safes and a long bar to hang up your clothes!
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Cranjis McBasketball
‏ @T1m_NBA
41m41 minutes ago

Yup. Don’t fall into the “well LA should have lost” trap. Did LA give themselves the best chance to win? That’s the question that should be asked.

nope

Luke made horrible subs again and no defense was played again.

second unit didn't do anything either
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
TMG wrote:
Hawks
Rockets
Pelicans
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Bucks
Suns
Clippers
Nuggets
Celtics
Bulls
Raptors
Pistons
Knicks
Bucks
Nets
Kings
Wizards
Jazz
Hornets
Pelicans
Thunder
Warriors
Clippers
Jazz
Blazers

13 home, 13 away.

Some of those "tough matchups" are teams like the Rockets where we we want to avoid getting swept for the season series.

I feel the Lakers will pick up some momemtum and go on a winning streak. Sure injuries have destroyed our juice for the meanwhile but we could still salvage the rest of the season.

What makes you think that this team will go on a win streak? We dont play defense, we cant shoot consistently, and we have no one who can take over a game.

Basically Lebron is what makes me think we'll go on a tear. And if we win the next 3 games we might get enough confidence to keep it going. Rocket is the only tough opponent the next 3 games. But we have been in those games everytime and lost on some (bleep). We have Lebron this time and they dont have Capela. OKC are not nearly as talented as their record suggests and if ZO is back Russel wont do jack...We have the Blazers number and Nuggets are playing with an injured roster i think. But it boils down to Lebron and our young core to start playing with some urgency.

And i cant stress this enough...I want Magic to never talk again this season about anything regarding trades or what not.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Cranjis McBasketball
‏ @T1m_NBA
41m41 minutes ago

We didn't. Lebron went on cruise control at the start of the game exposing his bff Ben Simmons. Ben was playing like prime Jack Haley.

Wasted a Kuzma out burst. I don't remember too many games where Kuz would go for 30+ (39 tonight) and the rest of the team didn't feed off it and we won.

Rondo wasn't himself today as well with zero points.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

only 3 steals total by this team...
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Bullock and KCP with 2 attempts each from three.

no game plan or anything to get them some good looks
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
TMG wrote:
Hawks
Rockets
Pelicans
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Bucks
Suns
Clippers
Nuggets
Celtics
Bulls
Raptors
Pistons
Knicks
Bucks
Nets
Kings
Wizards
Jazz
Hornets
Pelicans
Thunder
Warriors
Clippers
Jazz
Blazers

13 home, 13 away.

Well I can't believe I'm going to quote Lavar Ball, but when you suck for soo long "You can only go up" from here. Our defense has been bad for the most part but for a few stretches we have shown we can lock down teams.

Shooting has been inconsistent sure but I feel they'll figure it out. Lebron can takeover any team when he's fully engaged. That's something that proven already plus he's still getting back to 100%.

We haven't had a full healthy team in a while. An with rumors that Lonzo is coming back after AS weekend I'd like to believe we will be better especially defensively.
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
novadolla wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
TMG wrote:
Hawks
Rockets
Pelicans
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Bucks
Suns
Clippers
Nuggets
Celtics
Bulls
Raptors
Pistons
Knicks
Bucks
Nets
Kings
Wizards
Jazz
Hornets
Pelicans
Thunder
Warriors
Clippers
Jazz
Blazers

13 home, 13 away.

Basically Lebron is what makes me think we'll go on a tear. And if we win the next 3 games we might get enough confidence to keep it going. Rocket is the only tough opponent the next 3 games. But we have been in those games everytime and lost on some (bleep). We have Lebron this time and they dont have Capela. OKC are not nearly as talented as their record suggests and if ZO is back Russel wont do jack...We have the Blazers number and Nuggets are playing with an injured roster i think. But it boils down to Lebron and our young core to start playing with some urgency.

And i cant stress this enough...I want Magic to never talk again this season about anything regarding trades or what not.

I hope youre right, but im not buying it, our defense is trash, and our rotation is even worse, we cant even win this games we are suppose to win much less OKC and Houston, we have way too many flaws to be a playoff team, not to mention our terrible free throw shooting
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

No need to panic yet. Zo will come back and we will still be a playoff team. Most teams in the league will look like crap without their best or second best player. In this case with Bron hobbled, we really don't have either
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
No need to panic yet. Zo will come back and we will still be a playoff team. Most teams in the league will look like crap without their best or second best player. In this case with Bron hobbled, we really don't have either

I think everyone is giving Lonzo way too much credit, decent defensive player but cant shoot, and even worse from the FT line. Im just being realistic. Just want us to finish the season on a high note going into the offseason
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Starting to think the comeback win against the Celtics was more of a meltdown on their end than anything the Lakers did...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:
Captain America wrote:

I think everyone is giving Lonzo way too much credit, decent defensive player but cant shoot, and even worse from the FT line. Im just being realistic. Just want us to finish the season on a high note going into the offseason

Well you were complaining about our team defense being trash, Lonzo has one of the highest defensive ratings in the league at 105.3%

Sure his offense isn't great but losing your teams best defender sure does hurt a lot
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:
Captain America wrote:

Exactly...To many people babying that guy.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Starting to think the comeback win against the Celtics was more of a meltdown on their end than anything the Lakers did...

Yup and the Celtics losing the next game to the Clippers sure does add more to your point.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:
novadolla wrote:
Captain America wrote:

So not having Lonzo doesn't hurt this team at all???

It's like you guys haven't watched this team when we were all healthy and rolling.

Weren't we like the 3rd-4th seed? The sky isn't falling yet fellas
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:
novadolla wrote:
Captain America wrote:

His defense impacts the game
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

We just met one of the most stacked teams in the Nba and we were in it until some questionable lineups from Luke that blew it up to a 20pt lead for the Sixers.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

143 pts, no overtime. LOL!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

NO DEFENSE.
OCLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Luke getting exposed...again
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49
Jump to: