The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1012, 1013, 1014 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
He didn't look very good today...

He was too passive, that's for sure. I'm just not sure of the reason for it. Whether we were running a different type of system which was less Lebron focused, or if he took himself out of the system intentionally? Or maybe he was riding Kuz?

I dunno. Maybe GT can shed some light on it. Started the game with like, 2 straight 3 pointers but he also looked gassed early. The game was played at hyper speed.
King Kleazy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Trade him for Jayson Christ
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Pretty soon him looking "passive" will be the norm, it's called being old.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Bron was ish today. Can't give him a pass since he is the undisputed leader of this team.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

King Kleazy wrote:
Trade him for Jayson Christ

I look forward to seeing Ingram and Tatum throw it down over who gets the SF position.

Ingram will win out of course, super long reach, the Ingram special, Tatum on the mat ...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers don't land a Max FO this summer, would you trade LeBron? Or would you let this farce go on another season and hope you get one in 2020?

Like, would you trade LeBron to Phoenix for Booker, Jackson, Ayton and two 1st round picks?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If the Lakers don't land a Max FO this summer, would you trade LeBron? Or would you let this farce go on another season and hope you get one in 2020?

Like, would you trade LeBron to Phoenix for Booker, Jackson, Ayton and two 1st round picks?

Phoenix aren't in win now mode.

You can't just keep switching plans in the middle of plans. We've traded away a lot of our youth to try and win now, to the point that we have Ingram, Ball, and Kuz. That's all. If you try and switch again now what I think would happen is we'd be stuck in the middle again and we'd have a number of wasted years anyway. Especially given our history of getting fleeced in trades.

So I believe we either ride Lebron, or we spend the next 5 years as a lottery team trying to rebuild.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

In a vacuum sure, but no way in hell they trade LeBron in real life. Plus, he's not worth that much at this point.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

It looked like he was getting ready to switch in to high gear in the fourth when he hit a shot to cut it to 12 or 10, and then we gave up a string of shots and the game seemed to be getting back out of reach so he is picking his spots. Just managing his load. If the game was closer I expect he would have had a different level of energy/effort whatever you want to call it that he lacked today.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
It looked like he was getting ready to switch in to high gear in the fourth when he hit a shot to cut it to 12 or 10, and then we gave up a string of shots and the game seemed to be getting back out of reach so he is picking his spots. Just managing his load. If the game was closer I expect he would have had a different level of energy/effort whatever you want to call it that he lacked today.

We cut it to 12, then he passed it to Kuz who lazily stuck a hand out and knocked it out of bounds. After which the 76ers went on a run.

People in the game thread were mocking Lebron getting into Kuz's face there, but winning games is not about just putting up stats, it's about recognizing and seizing moments. And that moment, which may or may not have amounted to anything, was thrown away by carelessness. Like Kuz played amazing today, but some parts of his game you can tell he's still a rookie.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Pretty soon him looking "passive" will be the norm, it's called being old.

Yup. The older and more worn out an athlete gets, the more they have to pick their spots until they get like Kobe that final year where he looked good for probably like 10 games the entire season. When we signed Bron, I expected a significant decline in performance and/or an increase in injuries after the second yr of his deal. I think it's happening a little faster than I anticipated.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron seems to have no kind of urgency since he came back, 1 game he will look like a star and on another night he would look like he is just free flowing game against (Indy and today against Philly) is a good example.. maybe we are fans and we want to make the playoffs but the FO and the players need to be on the same page.. cause if LeBron has the right to cruise control any time he wants we will be facing a uphill climb to make the playoffs. fans have every right to be upset, LeBron historically bought his A game against the Sixers until today ... that’s not gonna fly around here in Laker land cause today was a Important game but looks like he’s LeBron and he can do whatever he wants.

My guess is either he's sulking because he didn't get the trade he wanted, or some of his teammates have turned their back on him...or both. His head was not in that game at all.

Is it the Lakers fault that the Pelicans FO were acting like a bunch of douches?

The Pelicans did the right thing.

LeBron and Klutch tried to punk them.

By offering them what is likely the best offer they're going to get?

Nope... By having AD announce his trade request for all to know right before the trade deadline. Only to have Magic try to throw the farm at Demps before the Celtics could actually negotiate (owing to Kyrie). LeBron and Klutch tried to force the Pelicans into trading AD thinking they had the high ground. The Pelicans said "Screw your high ground. We know we suck, but you won't get AD."

It possibly could have been a different outcome had this taken place behind closed doors back in the Summer. Instead, LeBron and Klutch carried on the the second rate agency they truly are. Unprofessional at best.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

We cut it to 12, then he passed it to Kuz who lazily stuck a hand out and knocked it out of bounds. After which the 76ers went on a run.

People in the game thread were mocking Lebron getting into Kuz's face there, but winning games is not about just putting up stats, it's about recognizing and seizing moments. And that moment, which may or may not have amounted to anything, was thrown away by carelessness. Like Kuz played amazing today, but some parts of his game you can tell he's still a rookie.

I would like to give Kuzma a chance to defend himself on that one. It might not have been lazyness and he just got caught off guard...still not good. But when your team is giving up 140+ points, it's gonna be tough to win no matter how "lazy" or dialed in you are on offense. Ill take it as a scheduled loss and move on
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Take your Pelican fanboyism to the NOLA board, kthnx

The kid hates Lebron so much, he'd celebrate the Celtics beating us in the Finals as long as it made Lebron look bad.

I draw the line at cheering other teams because people hate Lebron. People can take that (bleep) and shove it.

Dude... You're not even a Lakers fan.

Do you think your agenda is not visible?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
drae wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I would like to give Kuzma a chance to defend himself on that one. It might not have been lazyness and he just got caught off guard...still not good. But when your team is giving up 140+ points, it's gonna be tough to win no matter how "lazy" or dialed in you are on offense. Ill take it as a scheduled loss and move on

Yeah, the defense still lost us the game. I think only Ingram was good on defense there ... and that's understandable considering he's our future franchise star, so he's obviously going to be more of a 3 dimensional player

Everyone else kinda mailed it in on defense today (maybe not Chandler)
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

The kid hates Lebron so much, he'd celebrate the Celtics beating us in the Finals as long as it made Lebron look bad.

I draw the line at cheering other teams because people hate Lebron. People can take that (bleep) and shove it.

Says the one whose agenda is plainly visible
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I was surprised he didn't statpad to get the triple double.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron seems to have no kind of urgency since he came back, 1 game he will look like a star and on another night he would look like he is just free flowing game against (Indy and today against Philly) is a good example.. maybe we are fans and we want to make the playoffs but the FO and the players need to be on the same page.. cause if LeBron has the right to cruise control any time he wants we will be facing a uphill climb to make the playoffs. fans have every right to be upset, LeBron historically bought his A game against the Sixers until today ... that’s not gonna fly around here in Laker land cause today was a Important game but looks like he’s LeBron and he can do whatever he wants.

My guess is either he's sulking because he didn't get the trade he wanted, or some of his teammates have turned their back on him...or both. His head was not in that game at all.

Is it the Lakers fault that the Pelicans FO were acting like a bunch of douches?

Nope... By having AD announce his trade request for all to know right before the trade deadline. Only to have Magic try to throw the farm at Demps before the Celtics could actually negotiate (owing to Kyrie). LeBron and Klutch tried to force the Pelicans into trading AD thinking they had the high ground. The Pelicans said "Screw your high ground. We know we suck, but you won't get AD."

It possibly could have been a different outcome had this taken place behind closed doors back in the Summer. Instead, LeBron and Klutch carried on the the second rate agency they truly are. Unprofessional at best.

As Davis explained, he and his representation informed the Pelicans front office late last week of his plans to not sign a contract extension this offseason and his wishes to be traded before his current deal expires — something he and his agent, Rich Paul, planned to keep private.

According to Davis, someone with knowledge of the conversation leaked it to members of the media, who reached out to Paul on Monday to confirm the rumor's authenticity. In speaking on the record on behalf of his client, Paul incurred a $50,000 fine on Davis from the league.

“We didn’t want to leak it to the media. We wanted to do it in-house, but that wasn’t on us,” he said.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I think he was wise not to go all out in this one. Save it for when it's more likely to get a win.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Says the one whose agenda is plainly visible

Yeah, who says I'm trying to hide anything? Screw LeBron. He's not good for the organization and it's going to be clearer to see as time continues to pass.

I said the same about Dwight Howard. Too bad you weren't a Lakers fan back then.

If my calculations are correct... Dweeep Beep Boop Bop Dweep... You were most likely a die-hard Miami Heat fan when Dwight Howard was a Laker.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As Davis explained, he and his representation informed the Pelicans front office late last week of his plans to not sign a contract extension this offseason and his wishes to be traded before his current deal expires — something he and his agent, Rich Paul, planned to keep private.

According to Davis, someone with knowledge of the conversation leaked it to members of the media, who reached out to Paul on Monday to confirm the rumor's authenticity. In speaking on the record on behalf of his client, Paul incurred a $50,000 fine on Davis from the league.

“We didn’t want to leak it to the media. We wanted to do it in-house, but that wasn’t on us,” he said.

And the guy who was leaking the names in the trade was also leaking specific details of what the Pelicans coaching camp thought. So basically the guy leaking the names had inside Pelican intel.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If my calculations are correct... Dweeep Beep Boop Bop Dweep... You were most likely a die-hard Miami Heat fan when Dwight Howard was a Laker.

If my calculations are correct ... Dweep Beep Boo Bop Dweep ... you're a Warriors fan now, and no longer a Lakers fan. So why are you on these forums?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

The leaker also said the Lakers would stretch Hill if they took on his bad contract. I guess that could be something New Orleans was trying to convince LA was a possibility to persuade them to take him on, but it does seem more Lakers-sided than not. Or of course, it was something a media dude made up, which can never be ruled out.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I'd consider it. I'm not sold on Lebron at all.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If my calculations are correct ... Dweep Beep Boo Bop Dweep ... you're a Warriors fan now, and no longer a Lakers fan. So why are you on these forums?

Get on somewhere man...

Don't get all pissy because LeBron got ran out of the Cleveland by them boys in the Bay. Forced you to Google "Lakers Forums".

This is Purple and Gold for life son. I might complain about some ish. But I been repping that Purp and Goldly since birth and that's never going to change son.

You ain't doing nothing but passing through. Stop purping like you are family.

Once LeBron requests his trade this Summer, you'll be back on Google again.

Last edited by Darth Los Angeles on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1012, 1013, 1014 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1013 of 2079
Jump to: