Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swagron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:
Captain America wrote:
No need to panic yet. Zo will come back and we will still be a playoff team. Most teams in the league will look like crap without their best or second best player. In this case with Bron hobbled, we really don't have either

I think everyone is giving Lonzo way too much credit, decent defensive player but cant shoot, and even worse from the FT line. Im just being realistic. Just want us to finish the season on a high note going into the offseason

Agreed. Him coming back is not going to make much difference. Btw, he might be the 4th best player, LeBron, Kuzma/Ingram, then Ball because there isn’t much overall talent on the team
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Lol, we gave up 143 points to Philly, it seems like our team is coached by Mike D Antoni.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LKA wrote:
Embiid > Olajuwon

I honestly think Embiid is already better than Hakeem. Obviously he’s not if you’re comparing to Hakeem’s entire career accomplishments (Embiid has barely started) but at the same age I believe Embiid is already better. He does everything Hakeem did but he shoots much better. Hakeem has the advantage in shot blocking that’s about it.. If Embiid remains healthy there’s no doubt in my mind he’ll finish with the better career.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Well, at least Josh Hart got a much needed rest.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LKA wrote:
Embiid > Olajuwon

I honestly think Embiid is already better than Hakeem. Obviously he’s not if you’re comparing to Hakeem’s entire career accomplishments (Embiid has barely started) but at the same age I believe Embiid is already better. He does everything Hakeem did but he shoots much better. Hakeem has the advantage in shot blocking that’s about it.. If Embiid remains healthy there’s no doubt in my mind he’ll finish with the better career.

No way. You can't purely look at the numbers because the game has changed. Take away Embiid's three ball, which is nothing to strut about at 30%, and Hakeem does everything better. Hakeem was a better defender and much quicker offensively, and he was more athletic. He could easily add a three ball in this era. Can you fathom Joel toying with David Robinson or Shaq? I can't.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
DaKing23 wrote:
novadolla wrote:
Captain America wrote:
No need to panic yet. Zo will come back and we will still be a playoff team. Most teams in the league will look like crap without their best or second best player. In this case with Bron hobbled, we really don't have either

I think everyone is giving Lonzo way too much credit, decent defensive player but cant shoot, and even worse from the FT line. Im just being realistic. Just want us to finish the season on a high note going into the offseason
Exactly...To many people babying that guy.

His defense impacts the game

Yea team is night and day with and without Zo. Same thing as last season. His defense is huge and offensively he makes a bigger impact than youd think just going off the box score. W/L column supports this. We were a playoff team with him healthy last season.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Good thing he's regressing and not progressing from his summer league days. When you show promise, the Lakers will renounce your or trade you for a peaked journeyman.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Good thing he's regressing and not progressing from his summer league days. When you show promise, the Lakers will renounce your or trade you for a peaked journeyman.

I think he realizes showing promise is a sure way to getting cut (Thomas Bryant) or traded for journeymen (Zu).

He wants to stay a Laker,
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I didn't think, realistically, the Lakers were going to beat the Sixers but, damn, I at least thought they would put together some sort of semblance of defense.

Just a horrendous effort on that end, defense could have gotten you the win with the offensive output you put forth.

A wasted opportunity...too many this season
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Yeah, plus Bullock did an admirable job fouling a three point shooter (Reddick) for a 4-point play. Just like Hart was there.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject:

I'm not going to fault Luke or the team for losing this one... Philly has morphed into a really bad match for us overnight. Nothing the guys could have really done when Philly was clicking like that. All of their starting 5 is 6'8" and above except JJ... and all have really good skills... they're just bigger, stronger and better, have to accept that for now. I'll be hoping the Bucks/Raptors/Celtics can take them out in the East, in case we reach the final through a miracle. If we get knocked out in the first round, then I'll be hoping they reach the finals instead because they seem to have the best chance of beating GSW as of right now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
I'm not going to fault Luke or the team for losing this one... Philly has morphed into a really bad match for us overnight. Nothing the guys could have really done when Philly was clicking like that. All of their starting 5 is 6'8" and above except JJ... and all have really good skills... they're just bigger, stronger and better, have to accept that for now. I'll be hoping the Bucks/Raptors/Celtics can take them out in the East, in case we reach the final through a miracle. If we get knocked out in the first round, then I'll be hoping they reach the finals instead because they seem to have the best chance of beating GSW as of right now.
Picking up Harris & Butler was huge. The Sixers will make a deep run and are capable of winning the East.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49
Jump to: