Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
I think Magic should start to teach our young guys and not to spend time teaching Simmons. WTF is happening with this organization.

Kuz is trying to emulate Kobe, Ingram Kobe/Durant, I don't think Lonzo idolizes Magic, so maybe they don't want to be taught by Magic *shrugs*

The funny thing about Simmons is people look at him and they (through his mannerisms) are reminded of Lebron, yet he wants to be taught by Magic. It's like people looking at Ingram and being reminded of Durant, yet him wanting to be taught by Kobe xD

That is not my point. There are other priorities right now. We are complete (bleep), we are out of playoff and he is speaking about teaching other team's players. Its really annoying me because we have some young guys who need teaching. Take some time with them.I do not give a (bleep) what they want. I would like to be taught by Blake Lively but will probably end with someone else.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
skin wrote:
people keep forgetting that trading d'lo got us kuzma.

people keep repeating this false line

Okay. If Kuzma 27th draft pick didn’t come with the DLO trade (which he did), then who did we get with the LouWill trade?

We had the 28th pick that we could have got kuzma with, and kuzma wasn't on the nets radar.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
skin wrote:

Okay. If Kuzma 27th draft pick didn’t come with the DLO trade (which he did), then who did we get with the LouWill trade?

We had the 28th pick that we could have got kuzma with, and kuzma wasn't on the nets radar.

Kuzma himself said on Mason & Ireland last season that 3 teams showed interest in him. The Lakers, the Nets and the Spurs. So not on the radar is an exaggeration. Unless you’re calling Kuzma a liar.

But that’s besides the point. To say we got Kuzma with the 28th pick is just not true. We maybe had a shot at Kuzma at the 28th, but that’s not what happened. We got him in the DLO trade. We didn’t get him in the LouWill trade. We traded down our LouWill pick for Hart & Thomas Bryant.

Now if you want to play in the realm of hypotheticals and make believe then yes, you can conjure whatever alternate reality you wish to fit your narrative. But the fact is, Kuzma came with the DLO trade. The Nets even selected him for us during the draft. There is video evidence from the draft. Hard to beat facts, right?

Now is there a chance that DLO and Kuz could both be Lakers right now, of course. But for those who are saying Kuzma wasn’t a part of the DLO trade, you aren’t being truthful with yourselves.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I think Magic should start to teach our young guys and not to spend time teaching Simmons. WTF is happening with this organization.

Simmons asked.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject:

When Magic took over the front office, this team was not constructed to be a player in free agency market and we were preaching for patience which was the best strategy at that time. But he chose two max plan for these two years which costs us many young talented player. He should have waited for the right timing to make the moves which would be the next two summers. I think he made this goal for his best interest instead of the organisation. But that wouldn’t be a big deal as long as he actually signs the second max.

However, his incompetence became more obvious when he tried to assemble a team surrounding LBJ. There were too many flaws but I just want to focus on one. He tried to surround LBJ with playmakers instead of shooters which didn’t make much sense to many of us. That’s his incompetence of creating the most efficient team surround LBJ.

He is also incompetent at negotiating trade and evaluating talent. He didn’t think DLO would be a good player so he sold DLO at his low selling point. And he chose Ball over Tatum. The Zubac trade is similar to Lou’s trade last year. If he knows the value of his own player then he could have waited and squeezed more asset in return.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/1094925131422457856?s=21
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Just dont comment on anything for the rest of the season Magic.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

https://streamable.com/tryaz

I swear Magic lies more than a car salesman. If you can't keep your story straight 24 hours apart, all you do is justify why no one on the roster should believe anything you have to say and why your 'meeting' meant jack squat to them.

Magic 'puffing up his chest' on Sunday as if he wasn't recorded on Saturday would be funny if it both wasn't true, and didn't further shed light on the problem.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I swear Magic lies more than a car salesman. If you can't keep your story straight 24 hours apart, all you do is justify why no one on the roster should believe anything you have to say and why your 'meeting' meant jack squat to them.

Magic 'puffing up his chest' on Sunday as if he wasn't recorded on Saturday would be funny if it both wasn't true, and didn't further shed light on the problem.

He’s always been way too gregarious ,,,, with like manic proclamations about the roster’s future and even current players.... not the demeanor of a negotiator at all. Teams try to prey on a rookie bullsh**** like Magic
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Here’s the bottom line for you cry babies. This was always a two summer deal. My expectation is a second max guy and a real NBA coach. Like you whiners, I actually like the young core and didn’t like the AD deal. Lakers can have lebron and another Star with plenty of rising young talent. If at this point next year they have Jason Kidd as coach and are chasing the 2020 free agency plan with a .500 team, by all means, shred these guys to hell and back.

Not getting worked up over a season that they were never going to contend for a title anyway.

Agree 100%.

Some of the moves made by the FO were bad calls. Drafting Ball ahead of Tatum and Fox... essentially giving away Randle (Top 10 pick) and now Zubac... two young players showing serious potential... for essentially average talent.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
skin wrote:

Kuzma himself said on Mason & Ireland last season that 3 teams showed interest in him. The Lakers, the Nets and the Spurs. So not on the radar is an exaggeration. Unless you’re calling Kuzma a liar.

But that’s besides the point. To say we got Kuzma with the 28th pick is just not true. We maybe had a shot at Kuzma at the 28th, but that’s not what happened. We got him in the DLO trade. We didn’t get him in the LouWill trade. We traded down our LouWill pick for Hart & Thomas Bryant.

Now if you want to play in the realm of hypotheticals and make believe then yes, you can conjure whatever alternate reality you wish to fit your narrative. But the fact is, Kuzma came with the DLO trade. The Nets even selected him for us during the draft. There is video evidence from the draft. Hard to beat facts, right?

Now is there a chance that DLO and Kuz could both be Lakers right now, of course. But for those who are saying Kuzma wasn’t a part of the DLO trade, you aren’t being truthful with yourselves.

He only said nets because they were the ones drafting him for us.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Monday morning QB's always bat 100%.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

I still will hold true to my pledge (after my emotions were reined in after the DLO trade) to reserve full judgment until after this summer FA. If he gets that 2nd max, keeps the core, we will be in great shape.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Quote:
No vision all ego no plan. No wonder are roster is (bleep). @MagicJohnson you are (bleep) this up

https://twitter.com/tuyoandeggsx2/status/1094956243163049990?s=19
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
drae wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Kuz is trying to emulate Kobe, Ingram Kobe/Durant, I don't think Lonzo idolizes Magic, so maybe they don't want to be taught by Magic *shrugs*

The funny thing about Simmons is people look at him and they (through his mannerisms) are reminded of Lebron, yet he wants to be taught by Magic. It's like people looking at Ingram and being reminded of Durant, yet him wanting to be taught by Kobe xD

That is not my point. There are other priorities right now. We are complete (bleep), we are out of playoff and he is speaking about teaching other team's players. Its really annoying me because we have some young guys who need teaching. Take some time with them.I do not give a (bleep) what they want. I would like to be taught by Blake Lively but will probably end with someone else.
magic has already taking time with our young guys. he came in and did that with BI last year. here's the thing, if they dont keep asking that of him, he wont force it on them. You dont force your help onto anyone. you offer it. You let them know you're here to help. if they think they are a different type of player(for better or for worse). they may not come ask the magic man. they may ask a kobe or some other person.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

This is, and always has been, the downside of post-retirement Magic. He's too in love with the spotlight and he has little-to-no filter. No filter can be an asset in certain situations, but it is usually not going to be helpful for a professional sports owner/executive when speaking to the media.

That said, Magic gets a pass for right now. He landed LeBron and that put us back on the map. That was the most important step, and will hopefully be the catalyst for better days to come.

Speaking of which, I think some folks may be forgetting what this team was between the evening Kobe's Achilles snapped, and the day we signed LeBron. During that time period, the team was hot garbage.

LeBron shows up and immediately makes us credible again. But then, he suffered a tough injury and missed 17 games. Anyone surprised that we resumed being hot garbage during those 17 games, I don't know what to say. We were 20-14 when Bron went down, and 6-11 without him thereafter. Neither of those marks was a shock.

The problem is we have to get to playing competent basketball again PDQ. We need to start piling up some wins again. But the very public Davis episode may have damaged the psyches of some of our more delicate egos. That's not Magic's fault. I don't know how much good he did or didn't do yesterday when he met with the players, but anyone who's butt hurt needs to grow up and do their job. This is a business. You can't be "all about the business" when you're cashing your checks and then butt hurt when the org conducts its business.

Every player on the Lakers needs to go all out in these remaining games and show the org why they should remain Lakers going forward. Those that don't have the mental wherewithal to execute that very basic responsibility to the team don't belong here anyway.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I still will hold true to my pledge (after my emotions were reined in after the DLO trade) to reserve full judgment until after this summer FA. If he gets that 2nd max, keeps the core, we will be in great shape.

We all knew this was the case and we are on path to do so. Nothing has changed. I don't get why some are down. We were WAY AHEAD of schedule at Christmas time. We caught some bad breaks. There are many paths we can take to become REAL contenders next season and I have complete faith in what Magic is doing. I do not think every FA is going to turn their backs on the two most powerful men in basketball.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If the 2nd max ends up being Kyrie or around that level then it's a failure to me.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If the 2nd max ends up being Kyrie or around that level then it's a failure to me.

I will cheer like a MF"er if we get Kyrie!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Why? How can you prejudge that 2nd max level player that early without seeing how they fit with LBJ/Yutes?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He’s always been way too gregarious ,,,, with like manic proclamations about the roster’s future and even current players.... not the demeanor of a negotiator at all. Teams try to prey on a rookie bullsh**** like Magic
not a single team has preyed on magic or the lakers. dont over exaggerate your point about magic overselling things. the pelicans arent preying on him. the desire to have another superstar is. thats a laker desire and a laker fan desire for the most part not just magic's.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I will cheer like a MF"er if we get Kyrie!

Even if that 2nd max level player becomes Kemba, Jimmy, Middleton, etc. level players, we will be a better team for it. It may not be the 100% most optimal scenario, but we would unquestionably be a more talented team than we are now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I am in this group as well.

For me, it is simple:

2nd max = all hail Maginka

No 2nd max = bye bye Maginka

You cannot dump all the young assets they have and not end up with the 2 superstars.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

Players I'm ok with paying 28-38m on: (by OK ranges from ecstatic to neutral).

KD
KL
Klay
Kyrie
Kemba
Jimmy
Middelton
Tobias
Boogie (only in a 1 year punt deal)

I might be forgetting someone, but that's sort of my thought process at this point.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Why? How can you prejudge that 2nd max level player that early without seeing how they fit with LBJ/Yutes?

LBJ, Kyrie and Love were defeated 4-1 by the Warriors. A 4 year older LeBron with Kyrie is going to do what? Even if the Warriors lose KD...their 73 win team is still intact. And Kyrie is injury prone. Yikes.

Only KD and KL move the needle and I would be alright with Klay since he fits with anything you're trying to do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 80 of 174
Jump to: