Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 732, 733, 734 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishop*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

It is very frustrating to watch Luke Walton coach. How can you keep allowing Lance Stephenson to keep the ball and do whatever he wants with it when whenever he does that we fall behind. The point where we lost the game was soo clear!!! It was soo predictable.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I supported signing him (when we had Byron).

But let's be honest, strip the veneer of "ex Laker" and if he was just another coach off the street, would we want to keep him?

Luke's losing me and yes, he's had injuries, the trade drama, adjusting to LBJ, etc., but he has some mind boggling poor coaching decisions that are just killing the team.

Stubbornness and being friendly with players is his biggest problem. He just cant adjust his approach to the games.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But let's be honest, strip the veneer of "ex Laker" and if he was just another coach off the street, would we want to keep him?

Luke's losing me and yes, he's had injuries, the trade drama, adjusting to LBJ, etc., but he has some mind boggling poor coaching decisions that are just killing the team.

Stubbornness and being friendly with players is his biggest problem. He just cant adjust his approach to the games.

What's clear is he doesn't have an assistant coach who can slap the silly out of him from an Xs and Os standpoint. Did Shaw take the job in the hopes that Luke gets canned one day?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What's clear is he doesn't have an assistant coach who can slap the silly out of him from an Xs and Os standpoint. Did Shaw take the job in the hopes that Luke gets canned one day?

Exactly. All his assistants are his buddies. I mean come on this is business not high school reunion party. You have to coach and make decisions. Leave barbecue during the summer.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That could be....Bottom line we need a brand new staff, with experienced coaches...this is a joke
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

stop complaining about not having qualified assistant coaches on the staff, that was by Luke's design. he wants an all-buddies staff because no one will threaten his job security. can you imagine if he has likes of alvin gentry or some other household names on the staff?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Exactly. All his assistants are his buddies. I mean come on this is business not high school reunion party. You have to coach and make decisions. Leave barbecue during the summer.

I thought Luke's greatest strengths would be his emotional IQ and ability to help keep a team together. His utter lack of in-game managing skills has lost us a few games now.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

Firstly I just want to say, I truly like Luke Walton, I liked him when he was a player and he was just "OK" a role player, and I like him as a coach; however, he's not the coach for this team right now!

When it was just the young guys recently drafted, Luke was the answer, not to make them a playoff team, but to ease them into the NBA game and what its like to play at this level.

Now this team has been put together for the playoffs and its obvious, Luke is over his head. With LBJ being on the team and the level of celebrity he commands, his presence alone is too big for Luke, then you have a combination of Rajon, who is a proven vet and champion, as well as Tyson, JaVale, Lance, these guys are here for the playoffs.

I don't want anyone to have the opportunity to say that LeBron James didn't make the playoffs for the first time as a Laker. Before he got hurt we were in 4/5 position, then he went down and we lost games we shouldn't have, which IMO is a direct result of the coaching.

This past weekend, Luke started Reggie Bullock, and he was no where to be found... He played 31 minutes, had 2pts, 1Rb and 3Ast.
In oppose to his traded counterpart Mike Muscala, who played 13 minutes and had 8pts, 1Rb, 2Ast.

I don't understand why you would start Reggie to begin with, when KCP has been playing well for the most part. I understand building chemistry, but there weren't enough practices to determine a starters opportunity. Then the guy that is playing well, you limit his minutes....
Totally questionable. Not to mention simple adjustment defensively that he should have made in the game.

Luke if you're reading this buddy; Cmon, do us a favor...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

How sure are we that luke in fact is not a robot?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Just don’t know why Rondo was not starting and Bullock was.

Also don’t get the dnp for Hart. I wouldn’t bench a key young guy for new guys that were bench players themselves.

Don’t like to criticize another laker coach but the lineups and rotations have seemed to have no consistency, ryhme or reason to them.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

Also don’t get the dnp for Hart. I wouldn’t bench a key young guy for new guys that were bench players themselves.

Don’t like to criticize another laker coach but the lineups and rotations have seemed to have no consistency, ryhme or reason to them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if most decisions have been taken from him and he already knows he’s getting fired after the last game.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

It's easy to blame Luke for our record. But the biggest reason we're on the outside of the playoffs looking in is injuries. Lebron missed 15+ games. What other western conference playoff team had their best player miss that amount of games?

And as far as talent difference between the 1st best player on a roster and everyone else. The gap on our roster might be the largest in the league. For example, I'm pretty sure Westbrook missed games this year. But PG13 was there to pick up the pieces. Actually, PG13 has been their best player this year.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if most decisions have been taken from him and he already knows he’s getting fired after the last game.

Hart has been injured and shooting terribly. If he could have played in Philly, I’m sure he would have.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

Golden West, Hart is hurting badly his knee; I just don't play him until ASG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It's easy to blame Luke for our record. But the biggest reason we're on the outside of the playoffs looking in is injuries. Lebron missed 15+ games. What other western conference playoff team had their best player miss that amount of games.

And as far as talent difference between the 1st best player on a roster and everyone else. The gap on our roster might be the largest in the league.

Understandable.

But he's inflicting a thousand tiny cuts on the Lakers and we are bleeding ourselves out of the playoffs when the margin is so thin.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
It's easy to blame Luke for our record. But the biggest reason we're on the outside of the playoffs looking in is injuries. Lebron missed 15+ games. What other western conference playoff team had their best player miss that amount of games.

And as far as talent difference between the 1st best player on a roster and everyone else. The gap on our roster might be the largest in the league.

Understandable.

But he's inflicting a thousand tiny cuts on the Lakers and we are bleeding ourselves out of the playoffs when the margin is so thin.

There are probably about 5-10 other coaches in the whole league that would've helped our injury plagued roster win more games than we have this year. And none of those guys are available if we can Luke.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Understandable.

There are probably about 5-10 other coaches in the whole league that would've helped our injury plagued roster win more games than we have this year. And none of those guys are available if we can Luke.

Yeah. The fear of the kind of coach they'll replace Luke with is scary.

One thing's for sure, the caliber of his assistants is lacking. Needs a Ron Adams kind of sage who will be expensive but be an Xs and Os guy.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Understandable.

One thing's for sure, the caliber of his assistants is lacking. Needs a Ron Adams kind of sage who will be expensive but be an Xs and Os guy.

Memphis (multiple times) and Toronto have replaced their head coaches in past years with the lead assistant. I'm sure there are other teams I'm not thinking of as well who did this.

I think Luke is aware of this. And that's why I don't expect him to hire a great assistant anytime soon.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

I wish Cranjis would get a chance to coach our team. Lebron would run him out of town faster than you can say David Blatt.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Golden West, Hart is hurting badly his knee; I just don't play him until ASG.

Ok, but if you have your jersey on and sitting on the bench it’s assumed your well enough to play.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Understandable.

Memphis (multiple times) and Toronto have replaced their head coaches in past years with the lead assistant. I'm sure there are other teams I'm not thinking of as well who did this.

I think Luke is aware of this. And that's why I don't expect him to hire a great assistant anytime soon.

He may not have a choice though. Lakers rightfully have put him on notice that his assistant staff is not cutting it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
How did Kuz sit for 9 straight minutes in this game?

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1094846177495793666?s=19

Luke loves cooling off players who are on a hot streak. 😂😂

if you noticed Luke's 2nd quarter coaches breakdown before the half he mentioned that their D was bad after the reporter asked about Kuz's hot start. You could see that he wasn't impressed and figured that the team needs to do other things, like play better D, than let one one player carry them. reading in between the lines, he benched kuzma to teach them a lesson and looks like he cost them the game? it's happened before and luke never learns. he's a horrible coach. cant even ride his hot hand correctly to cover his ass.

It isn’t Luke who never learns. I am sure he would have benched everyone for their ineptitude at defense yesterday if he could. They gave up 140 points, that is on the players. But when you rely on guys like Lebron, Rondo and Kuzma, who can’t defend a wet towel, that is what you get.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Even Rondo mentioned inconsistency with the lineups as a reason some have struggled. Granted, he mentioned injuries and suspensions, but we know he also meant "coach's decision". We're only missing Lonzo right now and he still keeps tweaking the lineups. Seems like every game I see a brand new lineup that I haven't seen before. We're two-thirds into the season. We don't have time for experimentation. At this point you should have concrete lineups. Benching Rondo for Bullock was another head-scratcher. This isn't how you build on-court chemistry.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He may not have a choice though. Lakers rightfully have put him on notice that his assistant staff is not cutting it.

I mean. What are people (fans and front office) expecting? We hire Cranjis as an assistant. And he convinces Lebron to move around off ball more and to be less ball dominant? The magical assistant convinces Lebron to change his game after all these years?
Or we'll get more 3 pt attempts due to a new assistant, so when our defense still gives up 130+ points in a given game we lose by 10 instead of 20?

There wasn't a thing wrong with our team Christmas Day when we beat GS. And it's no coincidence, we were HEALTHY!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I mean. What are people (fans and front office) expecting? We hire Cranjis as an assistant. And he convinces Lebron to move around off ball more and to be less ball dominant? The magical assistant convinces Lebron to change his game after all these years?
Or we'll get more 3 pt attempts due to a new assistant, so when our defense still gives up 130+ points in a given game we lose by 10 instead of 20?

There wasn't a thing wrong with our team Christmas Day when we beat GS. And it's no coincidence, we were HEALTHY!!

Someone is going to be the scapegoat, especially if we don't make the playoffs.

And it won't be LBJ.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 732, 733, 734 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 733 of 818
Jump to: