*Official* Tank Thread 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 11343

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I really want Zion in a Laker uniform


If we lost every game for the rest of the season, we still wouldn't have much chance of getting Zion. Even the worst team in the league only has a 14% chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 10536

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I really want Zion in a Laker uniform


If we lost every game for the rest of the season, we still wouldn't have much chance of getting Zion. Even the worst team in the league only has a 14% chance.

well thats the beauty of the odds this year... dont have to tank down to a bottom feeder team to get decent odds as its all a crapshoot once you are in the bottom 10. Lakers are only a few games away from that sweet spot bottom 7-8 positions.
_________________
Lakers best route for championships:
1)TANK for a 2019 lottery pick
2)Sign max FA in offseason
3)Trade for AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 1637

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Welp, Rui Hachimura or Bol Bol might be the biggest offseason addition for the Lakers coming up at this stage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakeshow323
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Nov 2016
Posts: 446
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Might as well, we aren't doing anything in the playoffs with Puke at the helm. He's gonna get so badly outcoached if we make it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 12831

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
Might as well, we aren't doing anything in the playoffs with Puke at the helm. He's gonna get so badly outcoached if we make it.


Making the playoffs increases the trade value of the young guns
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 10536

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
Might as well, we aren't doing anything in the playoffs with Puke at the helm. He's gonna get so badly outcoached if we make it.


Making the playoffs increases the trade value of the young guns

not by much if they are putting up good stats either way
and missing playoffs increases value of draft pick and can potentially be our most valuable asset to trade
_________________
Lakers best route for championships:
1)TANK for a 2019 lottery pick
2)Sign max FA in offseason
3)Trade for AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakeshow323
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Nov 2016
Posts: 446
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
Might as well, we aren't doing anything in the playoffs with Puke at the helm. He's gonna get so badly outcoached if we make it.


Making the playoffs increases the trade value of the young guns


How? What if we get the Warriors and get massacred?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2014
Posts: 108

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakers gunna go 22-4 in last 26 games to make 3rd seed. Lebron gunna go super sayan mode and demolish the tank to carry us to the WCF.

You heard it here first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2015
Posts: 1691

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
Might as well, we aren't doing anything in the playoffs with Puke at the helm. He's gonna get so badly outcoached if we make it.


Making the playoffs increases the trade value of the young guns


How? What if we get the Warriors and get massacred?


Haven't you heard.... Tatum and Brown are the second coming of Jordan and Dr. J...

... all because of last years playoff run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 406

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

Rui, Nassir, Coby White, Langford, Sekou....

We have a chance to add a nice prospect if we fall in the standings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 10350

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

Maybe New Orleans told Magic... get your pick down to lottery level and we'll talk in the summer.

So he traded away Zu and Svi to do some lowkey tanking.

The only thing that would piss me off more than trading away the youth this summer... is trading away the youth plus a lotto pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
windycitycane
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 5253

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Maybe New Orleans told Magic... get your pick down to lottery level and we'll talk in the summer.

So he traded away Zu and Svi to do some lowkey tanking.

The only thing that would piss me off more than trading away the youth this summer... is trading away the youth plus a lotto pick.


well based on what we saw what we saw yesterday in return for SVi and Zu, I think this just about makes the most sense.

Tank away!!
_________________
"I bought the Lakers so I could beat the Celtics" - Dr. Jerry Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 12831

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
Might as well, we aren't doing anything in the playoffs with Puke at the helm. He's gonna get so badly outcoached if we make it.


Making the playoffs increases the trade value of the young guns


How? What if we get the Warriors and get massacred?


Haven't you heard.... Tatum and Brown are the second coming of Jordan and Dr. J...

... all because of last years playoff run.


Bingo -- more exposure increases value particularly in high profile games like the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1710

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Maybe New Orleans told Magic... get your pick down to lottery level and we'll talk in the summer.

So he traded away Zu and Svi to do some lowkey tanking.

The only thing that would piss me off more than trading away the youth this summer... is trading away the youth plus a lotto pick.


well based on what we saw what we saw yesterday in return for SVi and Zu, I think this just about makes the most sense.

Tank away!!



That is my take as well....because the trade really does not make sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 10536

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Maybe New Orleans told Magic... get your pick down to lottery level and we'll talk in the summer.

So he traded away Zu and Svi to do some lowkey tanking.

The only thing that would piss me off more than trading away the youth this summer... is trading away the youth plus a lotto pick.


well based on what we saw what we saw yesterday in return for SVi and Zu, I think this just about makes the most sense.

Tank away!!


That is my take as well....because the trade really does not make sense.



ehh getting Reggie Bullocks for Svi who clueless Luke was not even playing is clearly not a tanking move.
_________________
Lakers best route for championships:
1)TANK for a 2019 lottery pick
2)Sign max FA in offseason
3)Trade for AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 10350

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Maybe New Orleans told Magic... get your pick down to lottery level and we'll talk in the summer.

So he traded away Zu and Svi to do some lowkey tanking.

The only thing that would piss me off more than trading away the youth this summer... is trading away the youth plus a lotto pick.


well based on what we saw what we saw yesterday in return for SVi and Zu, I think this just about makes the most sense.

Tank away!!


That is my take as well....because the trade really does not make sense.



ehh getting Reggie Bullocks for Svi who clueless Luke was not even playing is clearly not a tanking move.


I was mostly joking... but I am legitimately worried that having a lotto pick makes us give up all of what's left of the kids plus picks for AD.

It would allow the Pelicans to save face too... as they could say... Well, now that it's a lotto pick... we can justify the trade... see what good negotiators we are?

When both sides were equally dumb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hcbball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 02 Feb 2019
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe that Svi and Zu were so critical to our success that losing them entails tanking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 14737
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah, the great Zubac and Svi!!! Had to be traded or they would lead us to a 82-0 record
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Mar 2016
Posts: 283

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Why - just why? Are you guys fans or sadomasochists?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 7936

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

lol wth, trading Zubac and Svi gets u in lotto heaven?

jeez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 8953

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

bump
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 12309

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:


_________________
"Stats are killing basketball. This is a very subjective game, a lot of things happen that you can't measure with stats. Very different details matter. The way I see basketball, the most important things don't show up in statistics." - Marc Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lounger
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Posts: 4072

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm checking in now lol
_________________
We had better defense with Mike Brown. We had better offense with Mike D'Antoni. We have neither one with Byron Scott.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2005
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Glad we still have that pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 2787

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Gas up the tank folks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 6 of 67
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB