Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If we end up with: LBJ/2019 max FA/AD, I'd be more than happy with that too.

LBJ/2019 max/YUTES, I'd be very happy with that too.

Obviously not getting one, yes, that's a calamity.

It is a calamity... but the only worse calamity is trading the other five YUTES plus our picks for AD.

One is a garden variety calamity... the other is a hold my beer Dwight Howard and Steve Nash calamity.

There are things worse than punting... maybe not for LBJ... but definitely for us.

We'll have to disagree.

LBJ/AD/3rd all star isn't a calamity by any means.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If we end up with: LBJ/2019 max FA/AD, I'd be more than happy with that too.

LBJ/2019 max/YUTES, I'd be very happy with that too.

Obviously not getting one, yes, that's a calamity.

It is a calamity... but the only worse calamity is trading the other five YUTES plus our picks for AD.

One is a garden variety calamity... the other is a hold my beer Dwight Howard and Steve Nash calamity.

There are things worse than punting... maybe not for LBJ... but definitely for us.

We'll have to disagree.

LBJ/AD/3rd all star isn't a calamity by any means.

If the third all star comes... then yes... it's not a calamity

But with 25 million... extremely doubtful scenario
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

What is the meaning of Magic saying that the Pels FO didn't act in "good faith?" What does that mean? That they were supposed to keep talks private, but didn't? That they never intended to trade him in the first place?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

So what time is the meet-up to jump off the bridge?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

It's a game by game chicken little basis.

Celts: I'm king of the world!
76ers: kill them all!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
What is the meaning of Magic saying that the Pels FO didn't act in "good faith?" What does that mean? That they were supposed to keep talks private, but didn't? That they never intended to trade him in the first place?

I'd say they never intended to accept an offer...

They told Magic what they wanted, we bid against ourselves only to give them what they wanted, and then they just blew us off.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

It's not that... I was okay with losing to the Sixers... they are a great team.

I was upset that our trades looked like lateral moves... and we can't afford to lose any games.

If we were close and Muscala and Bullock had great games... I would have felt fine.

Those two will need to show out, and we need to make the playoffs for the trade to make sense.

Zu would have been more useful against Embiid... and Svi could have done what Reggie did... which was make some nice intangible plays and choke his threes.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

Although we can criticize Magic for some his blunders...I gotta admit it's entertaining on how cutthroat he is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

I was upset that our trades looked like lateral moves... and we can't afford to lose any games.

If we were close and Muscala and Bullock had great games... I would have felt fine.

Those two will need to show out, and we need to make the playoffs for the trade to make sense.

Zu would have been more useful against Embiid... and Svi could have done what Reggie did... which was make some nice intangible plays and choke his threes.

Should we give Bullock/Muscala more than 1 games b/f declaring that they are lateral moves?

Incorporating with a team on a road trip is tough. Plus, these guys now have the off-court burden of finding a new home, moving family, etc. It's a lot for them to process, let alone dominate in game 1.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Should we give Bullock/Muscala more than 1 games b/f declaring that they are lateral moves?

Incorporating with a team on a road trip is tough. Plus, these guys now have the off-court burden of finding a new home, moving family, etc. It's a lot for them to process, let alone dominate in game 1.

Bullock will be a great addition. The other dude, Iā€™m not so sure. šŸ˜
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Of course... but remember the entire principle behind the trade is getting useful now assets for useful in the future assets... and we have little margin for error.

I was positive going into the game... but then when I saw mediocrity... I felt deflated.

Fair or not... they are here expressly for the fact that they are veterans who should be able to do what Zu and Svi were not yet ready for.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

It's just frustrating that most of us felt that the summer signings were not symbiotic to LBJ's game, and that we needed to keep Brook and get shooters. Jules, seems to me it was sort of a lost case.

So now, the FO realizes this, 50+ games in. Some fundamental things like floor spacing bigs (we had Brook/Bryant), shooters around LBJ were not that difficult.

The arrogance of "we will do the opposite of the Warriors with non shooting playmakers" was just a train wreck coming from miles away.

Hopefully, we've got a dependable 3 point shooter in Bullock and a floor spacer in Moose. We also have another roster spot.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's just frustrating that most of us felt that the summer signings were not symbiotic to LBJ's game, and that we needed to keep Brook and get shooters. Jules, seems to me it was sort of a lost case.

So now, the FO realizes this, 50+ games in. Some fundamental things like floor spacing bigs (we had Brook/Bryant), shooters around LBJ were not that difficult.

The arrogance of "we will do the opposite of the Warriors with non shooting playmakers" was just a train wreck coming from miles away.

Hopefully, we've got a dependable 3 point shooter in Bullock and a floor spacer in Moose. We also have another roster spot.

Yes, I'm going in to Atlanta's game with a positive mindset... but watching that stung... knowing we could have had Mo and Svi duplicate those two performances... and used Zu's size.

Hopefully they shoot well the rest of the season.

And a lot of it is on Luke to make sure they shoot. No point in having floor spacers if they aren't empowered to shoot often.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

So Pelinca called Elton to tell him Simmons wanted to work with Magic?

These guys need to learn to stfu!

Quote:
"Rob Pelinka called me and said that Ben (Simmons) wanted to talk to Hall of Famers after the season, Magic was on the list. He asked for authorization... I said no. This was over a month ago." - Elton Brand shooting down the Ben/Magic meeting šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

saw it on Tania's TL

Link
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

Quote:
"Rob Pelinka called me and said that Ben (Simmons) wanted to talk to Hall of Famers after the season, Magic was on the list. He asked for authorization... I said no. This was over a month ago." - Elton Brand shooting down the Ben/Magic meeting šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

saw it on Tania's TL

Link

Iā€™m sure our players like hearing another story of how we admire other teams players!
lakersareprettygood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

They told Magic what they wanted, we bid against ourselves only to give them what they wanted, and then they just blew us off.

On top of that, they leaked the trade offer out to the public to show the league what it will take to get Davis, and shove it to the RP/AD/Lakers.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

Be careful what you wish for.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

lakersareprettygood wrote:
2019 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

On top of that, they leaked the trade offer out to the public to show the league what it will take to get Davis, and shove it to the RP/AD/Lakers.

Yeah...The thing that pisses me off is that if you f another team over, other teams will look at that team and not want to do business with them in the future. But in this case, the league is so anti-Laker that they're glad its happening to us...NO won't face any repercussions from it.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Magic everytime you have a thought in regards to the public forum, please shove a bar of soap in your mouth.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

From Tania Ganguli:

Quote:
OK, I have 2 things on the Simmons/Magic front.

1. I've had a source tell me that the 76ers initiated the discussion about Simmons wanting to meet with Magic. The source said Pelinka was calling Elton Brand back to say they weren't comfortable with it.

Spoke to someone familiar with Simmons' thinking who said Simmons spends his summers in LA, that his desire to meet with Johnson is simply about their on-court similarities, and that he'll be a Sixer for a long time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

right now, I think the FO has did a poor job of asset management. That said, if they are able to sign a legitimate MAX FA player this summer, then everything will have to be looked at from a different perspective. Originally the FO claimed to seek 2 Max guys last summer, but subsequently changed the goal to over the next 2 years going into last summer. As of right now, they do not have many wins on the transactions they have controlled....

Trades

1. Lou Williams Trade - Lakers Receive Corey Brewer and Houston 1st Round Pick (Kyle Kuzma). Lakers - Win

2. Marcelo Huertas Trade - Lakers Receive Tyler Ennis. Lakers - Push

3. DLo/Mozgov Trade - Lakers receive Brook Lopez and Brooklyn 1st Round Pick (Josh Hart & Thomas Bryant). Lopez is gone and Russell is an All Star. The cap space created has yet to be needed for a max player. Lakers - Lose

3B. Brooklyn 1st Round Pick Trade - Lakers receive Utah 1st and 2nd Round Pick (Josh Hart & Thomas Bryant). Lakers - Push

4. Clarkson/Nance Trade - Lakers received Channing Frye, Isaiah Thomas and Draft Pick (Moritz Wagner). Frye played in 8 games and Thomas played in 17 on a team out of the playoff race. Wagner has not been a factor to this point in his career. The move was to free cap space to obtain 2 Max players last summer, but was not utilized on the 2nd Max player. Clarkson leads Cleveland in scoring, and continues to be one of the best offensive players off the bench in the NBA & Nance leads Cleveland in Blocks and Steals while nearly averaging a Double/Double. Lakers - Lose

5. Svi / 2nd Round Pick Trade - Lakers receive SG Reggie Bullock. Svi had a decent amount of upside as a 21 year old that shown flashes of being a capable 2 way player on a cheap deal for several years. Also, 2nd Round pick are not the almost worthless assets they were considered a few years ago. Bullock has not had an opportunity to demonstrate his value as a Laker, but clearly appeared to struggle on defense. Lakers - Too Soon

6. Zubac/Beasley Trade - Lakers receive Mike Muscala. Zubac had more market value when the trade took place. Lakers - Lose

Drafts

2017 - Although a redraft would not have Lonzo Ball as the #2 pick, the Lakers appear to still believe in his long term development. The 3 late picks were all very good value finds (Kuzma, Hart, Bryant). Lakers - Win

2018 - Since Svi has already been moved, all three selections appear to have been sub optimal at this point. Wagner at 25 appears to be a clear reach, and there is no clear indication currently that Bonga will ever be a factor in the NBA. Also, they mortgaged a future pick for Bonga. Lakers - Lose.

Free Agent Additions

2017:
1. KCP - significant overpay, but created relationship with Klutch. Lakers - Win
2. Tyler Ennis - Lakers - Lose

2018:
1. Lebron James - Lakers - Win
2. KCP - Lakers - Push
3. Rajon Rondo - significant overpay because cap space from failed 2nd Max and having to punt cap space. Lakers - Lose
4. Lance Stephenson - similar to Rondo on a cost/value basis. Lakers - Lose
5. Beasley - similar to Rondo on a cost/value basis and already moved. Lakers - Lose
6. Javale McGee - one of the best values on the roster. Lakers - Win

Misc. Decisions
1. Not offering more for Paul George. Lakers - Lose
2. Stretching and Waiving Deng 2 Years of Contract. Since then, many teams have moved bad money. Even worse, the Lakers used the additional money to sign and overpay near minimum level contract players. Lakers - Lose
3. Allowing Julius Randle, a RFA, to walk with no return. Lakers - Lose
4. Choosing Stevenson or Beasley over Brook Lopez. Lakers - Lose
5. Waiving Thomas Bryant after 1 season. Lakers - Lose
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/ry-mhb9sRDQ?t=311

This shows how magic gets himself into trouble.

If Magic continued to answer with a generic statement about Ben Simmons instead of bringing up a unique situation, he doesn't draw attention. Instead, he now escalates the situation, has media probing around asking questions from both organizations and adds to his "tampering" reputation.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
From Tania Ganguli:

Quote:
OK, I have 2 things on the Simmons/Magic front.

1. I've had a source tell me that the 76ers initiated the discussion about Simmons wanting to meet with Magic. The source said Pelinka was calling Elton Brand back to say they weren't comfortable with it.

Spoke to someone familiar with Simmons' thinking who said Simmons spends his summers in LA, that his desire to meet with Johnson is simply about their on-court similarities, and that he'll be a Sixer for a long time.

Lol wow the lies everywhere
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

Quote:

saw it on Tania's TL

Link

Unreal
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

NBA investigating whether Ben/Magic/Lakers had improper contact.

Unreal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 82 of 174
Jump to: