State of the Lakers...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: State of the Lakers...

While I know that this year has been extremely frustrating for Lakers fans, I still feel the team is in good shape. We have some fairly solid young talent and we have LeBron, who is still an elite player. We will also have a decent draft pick and 38 million under the cap. What do we do?

1 Fire Luke--This looks like a forgone conclusion. Have we really improved since the beginning of the year? Yes, I know we were 4th in the west on Christmas, but injuries are a part of the game, and we crumbled. Luke hasn't gotten these younger players to toughen up and mature at the pace I would have liked. Time to find somebody who will. The candidates? Coach K will be the first choice? Can we get him? Possibly but not likely. Other candidates will be Jay Wright (love this guy), Kidd and Mark Jackson.

2. Make a major deal--Obviously I want it to make sense. But I would like to come across a deal that works. Not going to be easy. For argument's sake, let us say no trade is worked out. Onto option 3...

3. Sign either KD, KL, Klay, Kyrie or Kemba (yep) to a max deal. Then, get cute with the rest of the money. If they all say no and 3 doesn't happen...

4. Split the 38 mil among 2 or 3 ball players--I'll leave the names to you but this is a viable option as well.

Overall, I still think we are in good shape. Not to pick on Luke but something tells me K would be a massive upgrade. Ignore the massive amount of press that hates the Lakers and realize that we could still be where we need to be as soon as next year. We'll see.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Coach K would be interesting but no way he leaves Duke.

Wright I like that idea. I think there would be a possibility there but could easily see him stay in college hoops.

I wouldn’t be excited to see Jackson or Kidd but I’m not gonna poo poo them. I guess Jackson did a decent job building the foundation for the Warriors. Or you could look at it, once he was gone they won a championship... Kidd didn’t have all that great of teams and gut tells me he would be no better than Luke.

I just am hoping for a guy who isn’t a yes man to LeBron and surrounds himself with good assistants like Kerr did, and not his college buddies like Luke did. That’s really hurt Luke imo. Only guy worth mentioning is Shaw. I don’t think the rest bring much.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

You want to fire Luke, but what about Magic? He's been a total train wreck from day 1. I wonder if Jason Kidd would motivate Lebron to actually look like he cares a bit and try to play some defense....
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Best thing the Lakers can do is not make a major trade, but get 2 solid players.
AD is a pipe dream that is not worth it.

I would do this :

Trade for Bradley Beal (Lozno+Ingram)? Would that work?
Sign Kemba Walker and Boogie in free agency.

Boogie
Kuz
Lebrom
Beal
Kemba

Magic has to learn to shut his mouth and work more stealth. Also he doesn't need a home run every time he tries to make a trade or signing
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Bring back Randle, sign Vucevic. Fix the bench
Zo/Rondo
BI/D. Green
Bron/Bullock
Randle/Kuzma
Vucevic/D. Jordan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: