REGGIE BULLOCK to the Knicks - BYE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Bullock is better in the short-run and Svi may never make it in the NBA, but please do not diss Svi's height - the man is 6'8.

"Height" to me is all inclusive. It's not the top of the head but standing reach/wingspan.

Others like JJ Reddick have been able to surmount a negative wingspan or 1:1 ratio. I just think it makes the game so much harder for a shooter especially, when you have shorter length/wingspan.

I agree with you though that I liked his other stuff like footspeed and passing abilities. Will be missed. But Bullock was a tremendous haul for Svi (and a future 2nd).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bullock is better in the short-run and Svi may never make it in the NBA, but please do not diss Svi's height - the man is 6'8.

"Height" to me is all inclusive. It's not the top of the head but standing reach/wingspan.

Others like JJ Reddick have been able to surmount a negative wingspan or 1:1 ratio. I just think it makes the game so much harder for a shooter especially, when you have shorter length/wingspan.

I agree with you though that I liked his other stuff like footspeed and passing abilities. Will be missed. But Bullock was a tremendous haul for Svi (and a future 2nd).

Bullock has a standing reach of 8'6 and Svi a standing reach of 8'4. Not an insignificant difference, you're right.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

Bullocks length is obvious on the eye test alone. It's looking like he can make things interesting. Interested to see Muscala as well. I'm thinking they are helping this team this season more then hurting. Svi was going to hurt us every time he played, because of his lack of experience. We have enough guys who do that already.

If we are trying to win games that is.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Plus, Reggie has better hair than Svi so....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Bullock has a standing reach of 8'6 and Svi a standing reach of 8'4. Not an insignificant difference, you're right.

Wow, didn't know Svi had an 8'4 reach. What's their wingspan comparison?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

Don't have him guard the opposing team's best scorer when Ingram is available and we're good going forward, Luke.

You have to switch people man. Dont you notice when he BI has to lockdown someone his offense goes out the window. We need BI offense to win games, there has to be a balance.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Now we know why vast majority of Piston fans were upset at the trade, guys who can shoot the 3 ball and also give problems defensively to scorers like Harden is a rarity, if we add DAJ, I like our chances of making a deep playoff run.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

It's good to finally have someone again that once they shoot a 3, you're pretty certain it's going in.

When's the last Laker to give you the same feeling?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's good to finally have someone again that once they shoot a 3, you're pretty certain it's going in.

Kobe when we're down in the 4th
DFish after the foot injury
Trevor
Robert with a ball bouncing out towards him and seconds left on the season against the kings to help immortalize us as champs
Sasha for one game one year
Big Smooth
Jerry West if there would have been a 3 point line
Jamal Wilkes if he would have shot 3's
Byron against the Celtics

Honorable Mention
Smush...in his own mind
Terry Teagle...before he became a Laker.

#BannersOverBillboards
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Any chance we keep past this season? Can we sign a max player and keep his cap hold?
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

josh hart for a while. maybe jodie meeks before that.

andre ingram?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Any chance we keep past this season? Can we sign a max player and keep his cap hold?

Depends. KD, nope.

7-9 year max: KL, etc. Possibly if he is ok with 5-6m/year in terms of pure cap space. Or, we can sign him over the cap once we use the cap space (factoring in his 4m-ish cap hold).
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe. But Bullock is taller, has greater length and athleticism. Not sure Svi can compensate for those things at the NBA level against starters.

Agreed. Bullock is 6'7", tall and athletic. Even Harden scored 30 last night, I thought Bullock did a great job defending him.

Great D, knock down 3 point shooter, athletic. I think maybe Lonzon wouldn't start when he comes back (Starting lineup: Lebron, Kuz, BI, Bullock, McGee). What do you guys think?

Harden was blowing right by him, but that may have been the game plan. As Marv eluded to during the broadacast, they were setting up beautifully for charges.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe. But Bullock is taller, has greater length and athleticism. Not sure Svi can compensate for those things at the NBA level against starters.

Agreed. Bullock is 6'7", tall and athletic. Even Harden scored 30 last night, I thought Bullock did a great job defending him.

Great D, knock down 3 point shooter, athletic. I think maybe Lonzon wouldn't start when he comes back (Starting lineup: Lebron, Kuz, BI, Bullock, McGee). What do you guys think?

Harden was blowing right by him, but that may have been the game plan. As Marv eluded to during the broadacast, they were setting up beautifully for charges.

I don't remember this happening in the 4th quarter at all other than one possession where Bullock was avoiding sending him to the line late in the game when they were down by 5. In fact, Harden was routinely losing his dribble with Bullock on him late in the game (and not getting FTs).
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Good point, but I believe w/ MVP offensive players like Harden, you have to pick one of two poisons: guard up close to prevent outside shots and pray for help in the middle when he drives, or stay back to prevent drives and let him make 3 pointers.

I believe game plan was for Bullock to be up close yesterday, and Bullock did a fantastic job. He was tall and athletic and stayed close enough without fouling. And rest of Lakers packed the paint resulting in those late charges.

Harden was 2 for 10 beyond the arc. Can't tell how many of those misses had Bullock on him though.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

We won the Bullock trade in a significant way, Pistons aren’t even using Svi in the rotation, we traded a G League talent for a guy who can be a contributor on a title team, Bravo to Magic and Pelinka.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

Of everyone who has played for the Lakers the past 3 years: he's the only guy, when shooting a wide open 3, where I'm absolutely calm. Mind you it's only been a few games, but so far so good.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I thought he was pretty bad early on the game guarding him... But he adjusted well in the 2nd half. Best part about his defense that he able to guard Harden without putting him in the line a lot.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Steve Nash?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject:

And Bullock starts to put full court pressure on opposite PG like Ball did before which help to our defense
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We won the Bullock trade in a significant way, Pistons aren’t even using Svi in the rotation, we traded a G League talent for a guy who can be a contributor on a title team, Bravo to Magic and Pelinka.

Pistons said this trade is about getting asset for them. It wouldn’t be a win for us if we miss the playoff and refuse to pay Bullock for next year’s cap space then Svi becomes a great shooter in year 3.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

it's a good trade as long as we retain him beyond this year
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Bullock is an expiring and Svi is locked for 3 more years in a small contract. If we're able to keep Reggie in a reasonable contract (won't be for $2M/yr for sure) and Svi becomes a good rotation player, it's a win-win.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

Dude is a keeper. He doesn’t miss open 3s.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Bullock is obviously an upgrade over Svi He is that kind of role player we really need: experienced, efficient scorer and good in defense
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14
Jump to: