RIP Luke Perry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Wow, I got the feeling it was pretty bad, but did not know his stroke would result in death. Way too young. Dude was so "cool" in the early 90's.

He was cool. He was like the brooding and rebellious James Dean of that show. Sad to hear this.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Soooo cool as Dylan McKay. Did you know he auditioned for the role of Steve Sanders but wasn’t right for the part. However the writers loved him and created the role of Dylan for him.

RIP LUKE PERRY.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

I too had a bad feeling when the news of the stroke broke at the end of last week.

I'm about a decade older than the core fanbase of 90210, so it wasn't something I was a fan of, but I certainly watched several episodes of the show. Still, from that limited viewing, I get why Perry was a fan favorite. And from everything I have heard, even before his stroke, he was a really good guy. Such a sadly premature loss.

RIP
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I remember watching this interview and he was talking about colon cancer and telling people to get screened....and then a stroke did him in almost a year later.....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Stunned by this one. Loved 90210 and Dylan was my favorite character.

So much this. I was in HS when it aired...it was the "it" show for people my age at the time.

Yeah, I graduated high school in '94 and 90210 was a massive hit back in that day, a legitimate pop culture phenomenon. Even beyond 90210, I thought he was an underrated actor. Some "Oz" fans might remember his role as Reverend Cloutier.

RIP.

i thought it was cool not to like shows like 90210 as a high school male.

You're a rebel!

Nah he's hetero

Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

RIP. Damn, 90210 was so huge back in the day. So sad.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-dayss-josh-taylor-remembers-luke-perry/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE! DAYS’S JOSH TAYLOR REMEMBERS LUKE PERRY

Before playing DAYS’s Roman, Josh Taylor portrayed Jack McCay, father to Dylan, on BEVERLY HILLS, 90210. In an exclusive interview with Digest, Taylor recalls working with the late Luke Perry. “I’m still kind of stunned, actually,” says the actor of Perry’s untimely death. “People do recover from strokes and that was my hope since he was so young. I have extraordinarily fond feelings for Luke and extraordinary memories. I remember we just hit it off from the get-go. I remember we were sitting at the table at lunch and somebody commented how much our mannerisms and our style were quite a bit alike. And then we’re sitting there and both of us are doing something with our hands and Luke said, ‘God, we even move our hands the same way.’ But, the bottom line is, we just hit it off right away. It’s not like we’ve kept in touch all the years, but we got close and we’d run into each other and it was always a neat thing. But when you start thinking about those times, obviously, it affects me. It comes out of nowhere. I was thinking the best way I could put it is Luke was for real. He was that guy. He was a good man. Luke Perry was a damn good actor. He did have that kind of James Dean thing about him. But as cool as Dylan McKay was, Luke Perry was even cooler.”
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

RIP.

We've reached that point where the celebs/artists from the 90s are now slowly dying out. Getting old sucks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: