PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KareemRushForThree wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
MJST wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sign DLo and Randle this offseason....give the exception to Zubac....guarantee we make the playoffs next season with home court in the 1st round

but true

perhaps if no one is injured but that team would be in 2nd round purgatory forever....

An all-star point guard, and a 20/10/4 power forward along with Ingram, LeBron and Ball with Kuzma as a 6th man would be a second round team forever....?

Um... how?

If we didnt have LeBron, Id think that team would be perfect for KD

This is what really hurts. If we didnt have LeBron, we could have really made a run for Kyrie and KD with our two max slots. Championships.

Or just keeping all our youngsters without LeBron this season, this team would probably be going for the 5th-8th seed and with a Max contract slot still open.

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Jordan Clarkson
Reggie Bullock
Kyle Kuzma
Larry Nance Jr / Tyson Chandler

Somehow I think that team is fighting for the 5th-8th seed and would still have a max open slot on the way. Even with no LeBron this season.

Just add KD to that team

Starters:

DLO
ZO
BI
KD
Randle

Bench:
JC
Kuz
Nance
Zu
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

md8 wrote:
LKA wrote:
ESPN anchor crying about SAS reporting that fans were talking (bleep) to LeBron

So what? Kobe was booed by Laker fans. If anything I think we’ve gone soft.

If anyone deserved this, it would be the man calling himself the GOAT while playing lazily and blaming others.

He’ll never be Jordan. Top 10 player but not close to Jordan.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

How does a players coach lose the players?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

PakaLOLO wrote:
I dont get excited to watch the lakers anymore. Any suggestions you guys can help me out with to gain my excitement level back?

usually it’s the improvement of the young guns that have my interest ... now they’re all injured
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sign DLo and Randle this offseason....give the exception to Zubac....guarantee we make the playoffs next season with home court in the 1st round

Dlo is a free agent? I doubt he wouldn’t be too prideful to come back to LA tho

Magic's pride would be an issue also....I cant imagine him offering Russell.

Nope..

But throwing a huge contract at Russell and then praying he plays up to it would be Magic's biggest slice of humble pie.

The next would be giving Randle a contract he deserves.

Magic going after Russell and Randle in the off-season instead of 'punting' again would help. Put the money to good use and pay the people that would have been getting paid it anyway had they remained here.

But to do that they'd have to pay Russell a limit that Brooklyn isn't matching. I don't think Brooklyn would have a problem with that. Randle is easier obtained. But would their agent want to deal with the Lakers ever again?

Ugh, stop living in the past. Do you sit around and think up kids names for girls who broke up with you 5 years ago?

At least it's better than thinking the present is acceptable.

We had jc, jr , DLO, Nance, Zubac, Lou...all of them, worst stretch in our history and multiple High lottery picks...they sucked bad. Our team now sucks, but pretending like other sucky players we used to have would fix that is just stupidity in its purest form.

If you're calling those players sucky then I'm not sure mjst is the one who's living in the past lol.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Clippers in victory formation

First round sweep better than not making the playoffs I guess

This has to be the deepest stage of LG delusion. That the Clippers are the ones worth laughing at here.

You think the Clippers have a chance to beat the Warriors??! Are you a clippers fan? Sorry for getting your panties in a bunch

Deflecting how bad we suck despite having LeBron James, by trying to say "Well even if the Clippers are better.. they aren't making it out of the first round so hah!" is the deepest levels of smh as it gets.

When we lost To the knicks a couple weeks back I already packed it in that we are not going to the playoffs. All I’ve been hoping for is that we get healthy and kick some ass building team chemistry going into next season with some positivity.

Since we just lost to the Clippers tonight it’s seems more offensive for you guys to here me say some negative crap about them. There not some super power team lol hate to break it to you. We just really suck and they will get bounced out of the first round I guarantee it lol

So my question to y’all do you guys really see the Clippers going past the first round? Like seriously?

IMHO if they still had Tobias Harris I’d say good chance. But with Lou by himself?? Hell nah lol

No, i see a team with a better foundation that's more attractive as a FA destination. The fact their supposedly less-talented "laughingstock" team won more games than we did is a better indicator for their future than ours. Laugh about whether they lose to the Warriors all you want. The fact they made it will look a lot better than the dumpster fire we have going.

Says the guy who calls Magic, Tragic Johnson. A term created by racist Boston fans where you already admitted you had no idea of that earlier this season.

Im forever laughing at the Clippers franchise. An with that said Im laughing even harder at our trash team this season as well. Just calling like it is.

When in the hell has the Clippers not been a laughing stock of a franchise. Sure my comment is the damn truth and it was said out of hate coming from me with pat Beverly talking all his crap but its still the damn truth.

You acting like the Clippers are some glorious franchise with a good history. What happens when they strike out in free agency and trade away Lou Will and Montrez Harrel next year year for more cap space? Its part of the plan with a good foundation still?

MJST get out here as well talking trash to me saying haha at the Clippers after they kicked our asses. You're still bringing up DLO CUZZ!!!!

edited to lower down my pettiness

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Our team seemed so much more scrappy and energized last season. Lebron really takes the confidence out of his teammates. Rondo may suck but LJ needs to let him be the floor general and stop forcing his passes to get his assists up
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Our team seemed so much more scrappy and energized last season. Lebron really takes the confidence out of his teammates. Rondo may suck but LJ needs to let him be the floor general and stop forcing his passes to get his assists up

no one on this team dives on the floor...not much in the NBA nowadays but none from the Lakers
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

no one on this team dives on the floor...not much in the NBA nowadays but none from the Lakers

I could see the guys we saw tonight like Trez and Beverly doing it
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Says the guy who calls Magic, Tragic Johnson. A term created by racist Boston fans where you already admitted you had no idea of that earlier this season.

I realize the modern Left has made it "cool" to throw accusations of racism at everything one doesn't like... but stop trying to re-write history and put your own lunatic spin on it here. Boston fans called him Tragic Johnson because he choked against them in the 1984 finals, which led to them winning that year. The nickname didn't have anything to do with race. Or with AIDs either, another spin I've seen you try to put on this, he tested positive for HIV only in 1991... 7 years later.

You can see some of those chokes here:

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I realize the modern Left has made it "cool" to throw accusations of racism at everything one doesn't like... but stop trying to re-write history and put your own lunatic spin on it here. Boston fans called him Tragic Johnson because he choked against them in the 1984 finals, which led to them winning that year. The nickname didn't have anything to do with race. Or with AIDs either, another spin I've seen you try to put on this, he tested positive for HIV only in 1991... 7 years later.

My Pops was in Boston for business watching the Laker and Celtics duke it out in the 80's numerous times. Trying to say that some Boston fans aren't racist and that they weren't calling him Tragic and some other really racist names is ludicrous. Lunatic Spin? You are ridiculously offended. Boston is a known racist city and you aint changing my mind with your babble BS.

After he got infected with the HIV virus sure the media put out that term of Tragic Johnson to make it mainstream. Obviously in bad taste but its nothing new. Boston fans been saying Tragic along with other racist names long before we destroyed them in 85' or after he choked in that 84' clip of yours.

Im gonna believe your crap over my Dad who was there? Nice try
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

My Pops was in Boston for business watching the Laker and Celtics duke it out in the 80's numerous times. Trying to say that some Boston fans aren't racist and that they weren't calling him Tragic and some other really racist names is ludicrous. Lunatic Spin? You are ridiculously offended. Boston is a known racist city and you aint changing my mind with your babble BS.

After he got infected with the HIV virus sure the media put out that term of Tragic Johnson to make it mainstream. Obviously in bad taste but its nothing new. Boston fans been saying Tragic along with other racist names long before we destroyed them in 85' or after he choked in that 84' clip of yours.

I dislike that we're having this conversation but I should probably take the trouble to remind you that even if some Boston fans were racist, you don't tar a whole group of people with the same brush. That's the code we live by as a society today, right? You also don't attribute racism to something that doesn't have anything to do with race. Do you even know what the word "tragic" means? Or realize that it rhymes with his nickname "Magic"... which made it an apt choice after the tragedy of those 1984 finals? The reason I'm taking the trouble to explain this is because this is the 2nd time I've seen you try to shame another poster and dismiss his/her views simply for having used the nickname.

Anyway, you are free to think what you want. If you decide to repeat this "babble" in real life (I hope you don't, for your sake)... remember, that's the beauty of free speech... when one says ridiculous things out loud, people either agree with them, or debate them if the conversation is worthwhile, or shame them for being stupid.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I dislike that we're having this conversation but I should probably take the trouble to remind you that even if some Boston fans were racist, you don't tar a whole group of people with the same brush. That's the code we live by as a society today, right? You also don't attribute racism to something that doesn't have anything to do with race. Do you even know what the word "tragic" means? Or realize that it rhymes with his nickname "Magic"... which made it an apt choice after the tragedy of those 1984 finals? The reason I'm taking the trouble to explain this is because this is the 2nd time I've seen you try to shame another poster and dismiss his/her views simply for having used the nickname.

Anyway, you are free to think what you want. If you decide to repeat this "babble" in real life (I hope you don't, for your sake)... remember, that's the beauty of free speech... when one says ridiculous things out loud, people either agree with them, or debate them if the conversation is worthwhile, or shame them for being stupid.

How about I sum this up, wise King Solomon style- both of your posts are stupid...

Last edited by eddiejonze on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

How about I sum this up, wise King Salomon style- both of your posts are stupid...

Solomon* ... and that's fine by me, your Highness.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

How about I sum this up, wise King Solomon style- both of your posts are stupid...

that's fine by me, your Highness.

Thumbs up, guy.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject:

This team can't be THIS bad, it has to be something else. Yeah not giving a blank explains it.
Blargg
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject:

I'm trying to see how the word "tragic" is racist in any way. Can't find it.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I look back at my babble on top of your babble and I’m truly embarrassed and I will apologize. Heat of the moment and my bad for labeling an entire city of people, racist. I know there’s some good non Racist people and some obvious bad racist people there in Massachusetts. Basically everywhere is the same.

An fwiw ill admit it was a bit savage and random bringing the Tragic Johnson crap up with that poster who I must remind you came at me first for my comment on the Clippers future. Either way shots fired and I’ll agree to disagree with you. An still respect you as a fellow Laker lifer.

An don’t worry for my sake of future conversations on my opinions on Boston. I’ve gotten by just fine and fwiw I’m not the only one who feels that way about certain locations. ✌️
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

How about I sum this up, wise King Salomon style- both of your posts are stupid...

Pretty much.

Eddie Jones, original Team Jordan member, taking off a foot inside thr free throw line dunk in Milwaukee 💪🏀🔥
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

I really wonder if Kawhi would join the Clippers??! This is the same dude who took less money leaving Team Jordan Brand to sign with New Balance.

This has been an obvious possibility for the longest but I’m confident the Clippers would find a way to screw it up. An if we were fully healthy I’m still overly confident we would be able to compete. I know seems like crazy talk due to our current situation but the truth.

If Kawhi can lead the Raptors to the Finals and lose to Golden State is he gonna try to get his revenge with Lou Will and Montrez Harrell or Lebron , BI,Kuz,Lonzo/ AD? Or stay in Toronto....

Bottom line Nobody will respect the Clippers in Los Angeles until they win more than a division banner and I can’t wait to get revenge on them next month 4/5/19 😤😤😤
Hopefully everyone is back healthy.
derek94
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject:

Blargg wrote:

Me neither but the answer is now more interesting to me than the remaining Lakers season so I'd love to read more on it.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Trade talks did it, not Luke
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Trade talks did it, not Luke

I agree. Magic made a boo boo.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

derek94 wrote:
Blargg wrote:

Me neither but the answer is now more interesting to me than the remaining Lakers season so I'd love to read more on it.

Never said the word Tragic was being racist. It was other comments alongside the term Tragic Johnson made by certain Boston fans that was racist. Read to achieve guys. Read to achieve

Also Nice burner accounts by you newbies trying to start more sh!t

Go head and Carry on being creepy lurkers
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Forgot the Lakers drafted Pat Beverly and had no idea he was cut by the Heat during their Lebron championship years.

Either way he’s a tough player and definitely a little dirty at times but earned his place in the NBA . Good for him
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41
Jump to: