Why do we do this every time? When Injuries are by far the #1 reason we are losing games
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Why do we do this every time? When Injuries are by far the #1 reason we are losing games

We being laker fans go crazy and start looking for actual PEOPLE to blame for losing games when it's clear as day. If your team gets attacked by that injury bug you can't win games consistently because you lose team chemistry, in addition to losing whatever those players bring to the table.

Unlike teams that have been together for 3+ years under the same coach/system. our team is kids + 1 year deals and bron. You can't sustain multiple injuries to multiple people throughout the season and maintain cohesion with that kind of group. it can't happen. So why every year this happens we lie to ourselves and start blaming everyone else? when the problem is as clear as day. It's the injuries.

You take away half of these injuries and we're in the playoffs at the 7th or 8th seed. Even with all the other drama and so called bad FO and BAD coaching.

If you keep getting hurt at multiple positions throughout the year. you will burn out the guys that havent been hurt as much. and thats even if they're young. its still 82 games. thats a lot of basketball.

Its simple, what was our record before Bron went down? and we already had a few injuries even prior to that. We know he didnt come back at 100%. Then Zo went went down and hasnt seen the light of day since. Josh hart has been playing hurt for a very long time. BI has been in and out of the lineup. Rondo has been in and out of the lineup. Kuz has been in and out of the lineup.
Tyson has been in and out of the lineup. even javale got sick for a few games.

There is no building a team that will sustain that many injuries throughout the season and keep trucking along like nothing ever happened.It doesnt happen.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Because other teams get hurt and succeed.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

A poorly constructed team is why we lose games, every team has injuries.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

When you have injuries, one would hope that nearly 1/3rd of the cap invested in "vets" would step up and help the kids still succeed.

Poor roster construction.

Poor backup plans.

Let the wrong guys walk (i.e. Brook, Jules).

Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
start naming names mike.
What other team with one superstar has said star go down for that long and come back at about 80%, while also having their starting pg go down, their backup pg go down, then come back and go down again, having their backup C go down and never really come back healthy(yet)..while also having their starting PF and starting SG/SF keep going in and out the lineup. Show me the teams Mike where that happens and those teams maintain a winning record let alone a playoff birth. I'll wait.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
start naming names mike.
What other team with one superstar has said star go down for that long and come back at about 80%, while also having their starting pg go down, their backup pg go down, then come back and go down again, having their backup C go down and never really come back healthy(yet)..while also having their starting PF and starting SG/SF keep going in and out the lineup. Show me the teams Mike where that happens and those teams maintain a winning record let alone a playoff birth. I'll wait.

Denver.

Check out the game starts.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DEN/2019.html

GSW is an obvious answer.
Houston.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2019.html

San Antonio
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2019.html

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
start naming names mike.

Look at the Pacers. Somehow they're #3 in the East after losing an all-NBA player in DIPO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

Boston lost Kyrie and Hayward last year and made it to the ECF.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
that poorly constructed team was ranked what the day bron went down?

again, I'll wait.
You can put together a nice team with dept. but if your depth is also depleted than who cares what you constructed its all broken. lol.

every team does not sustain the same amt or the same frequency of injuries to the same caliber of players that we have and are still successful. it does not happen. and it will not happen.

Houston, has harden and cp3. Cp3 goes down. mr MVP takes over.

lakers have bron and zo. Zo aint no cp3 yet(lol).
Bron goes down for a minute, there is no harden to cover. Zo starts to find his way and team is hanging on...barely. then he goes down.

So you tell me what record would the rockets have if they lost HARDEN for the same length of time as we lost lebron, then they lost chris paul and cp never comes back. then E.gordon goes down and comes back and goes down again, then austin goes down and comes back and goes down again, while their starting PF goes down, and comes back and goes down again, comes back and goes down again.
Tell me what the rockets record would be?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
start naming names mike.

The Clippers have no superstars, lose a top player in Gallo for a period but still are in the playoff hunt. Their roster is balanced with backups that can play. We have none of that.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
When you have injuries, one would hope that nearly 1/3rd of the cap invested in "vets" would step up and help the kids still succeed.

Poor backup plans.

The vets got hurt too. did you guys forget this part?

You lost your backup Vet pg for awhile, he came back, then went down again.

you lost bron for a long time.
you lost zo.

You can't have a team lose that many high level playmakers for that amt of time and expect a team to stay afloat. stop it Laker fans. i know we're upset but lets be realistic. Not even magic said this year was the year did he? NOPE. so why are we so bent out of shape when its clearly the injuries that have caused us the most damage.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
start naming names mike.

The Clippers have no superstars, lose a top player in Gallo for a period but still are in the playoff hunt. Their roster is balanced with backups that can play. We have none of that.
They lost a top player. we are losing everyone on our team to injury just about. everyone that matters on our team has been injured multiple times this season and hard we now know has been playing on a bad knee for most of the season. No team can keep a winning record with only one superstar with that many injuries. aint going to happen. i know we hate being realistic. but its the truth.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

Nah, this board says some kid named "Injury Bug" is #4 on the list of people to fire.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187055
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

"injuries" is what all losing teams point to. It's an excuse.

The Ws aren't talking about Stephs groin, the Sixers talking about Embid's 'half-man/half a season, Raptors fans aren't complaning about Khawais "load management" .... and on and on and on.

Only losing teams complain about injuries. The fact is we're UNDER .500 with LBJ in the starting line-up.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Injuries are a big part of it, but they don't explain our record since the All-Star break. We are losing to the worst teams in the NBA with a mostly healthy Lebron still playing at an extremely high level. One Lonzo injury shouldn't be causing all this losing. There are serious issues with our roster construction if Lonzo Ball's ass on the bench makes us worse than the Pheonix suns.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Why do we do this every time? When Injuries are by far the #1 reason we are losing games

splashmtn wrote:
We being laker fans go crazy and start looking for actual PEOPLE to blame for losing games when it's clear as day. If your team gets attacked by that injury bug you can't win games consistently because you lose team chemistry, in addition to losing whatever those players bring to the table.

Unlike teams that have been together for 3+ years under the same coach/system. our team is kids + 1 year deals and bron. You can't sustain multiple injuries to multiple people throughout the season and maintain cohesion with that kind of group. it can't happen. So why every year this happens we lie to ourselves and start blaming everyone else? when the problem is as clear as day. It's the injuries.

You take away half of these injuries and we're in the playoffs at the 7th or 8th seed. Even with all the other drama and so called bad FO and BAD coaching.

If you keep getting hurt at multiple positions throughout the year. you will burn out the guys that havent been hurt as much. and thats even if they're young. its still 82 games. thats a lot of basketball.

Its simple, what was our record before Bron went down? and we already had a few injuries even prior to that. We know he didnt come back at 100%. Then Zo went went down and hasnt seen the light of day since. Josh hart has been playing hurt for a very long time. BI has been in and out of the lineup. Rondo has been in and out of the lineup. Kuz has been in and out of the lineup.

There is no building a team that will sustain that many injuries throughout the season and keep trucking along like nothing ever happened.It doesnt happen.

I started out happy that LBJ was coming... I was concerned because of his previous tendency to meddle in personnel decisions... but I couldn't argue with his results and I thought that Magic would have the necessary gravitas to keep LBJ in check.

I didn't start out with an agenda against LBJ or Klutch.

Then I became worried when he said he wanted AD in the middle of the season.

When I heard the Godfather offer... (and yes granted, we don't know exactly what it was... however, most reports were by respected sources... either ESPN or LATimes) I became disillusioned and angered by the magnitude of the rumored offers because it showed me that we had likely cleared all that capspace for no good reason and we were now resorting to a desperation trade.

This would mean, not only would we lose the original group of assets... Julius/DLO/Nance/Clarkson/T. Bryant... but now add to it a new wave of better assets. We dodged the bullet because of New Orleans' FO stupidity... but then proceeded to divest ourselves from two cheap assets... Zubac and Svi and a 2nd round pick... for quick fixes that did little to nothing.

So now we are in jeopardy of losing BI/Kuzma/Lonzo/Hart/Lotto Pick for a summer trade... bringing the total of 13 assets to form a team with an old Klutch superstar and a younger injury prone superstar.

13 to 14 assets lost to sign an aging star who may never be what he once was... plus doubling down on AD who has won only 1 playoff series in 7 years.

Maybe... we somehow sign Butler or Kyrie to add to those two... but considering that the pairs of

KD and Steph also have Klay/Draymond/Iggy

Embiid and Jimmy have Ben/JJ/Tobias

Harden and CP3 have Capela/PJ/Gordon

Russ and PG have S. Adams and bunch of elite defenders

How on earth do old LBJ/injury prone AD and possibly injury prone Kyrie or aging Jimmy... compete against these other teams while killing themselves playing on shortened rotations due to zero bench depth?

And that's if we achieve the miracle of landing Jimmy or Kyrie.

Nah... I didn't start hating LBJ... I was excited

But I'm learning to hate this predicament that they all are creating for our team's future.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Nah, this board says injuries is #4 on the list of people to fire.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187055
lol. crazy. people really just want to be mad at some person or actual people. even if they are not the main culprits.

magic told us, 2 years. and we need at least 2 stars. now you know why you need 2 stars. because if one goes down you need another one to hold up the fort. or you pray for health of all other players if you have a veteran team. we dont have that because we are a younger team at the moment.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:

The Ws aren't talking about Stephs groin, the Sixers talking about Embid's 'half-man/half a season, Raptors fans aren't complaning about Khawais "load management" .... and on and on and on.

Only losing teams complain about injuries. The fact is we're UNDER .500 with LBJ in the starting line-up.

/the end
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Why do we do this every time? When Injuries are by far the #1 reason we are losing games

Sentient Meat wrote:
splashmtn wrote:

I started out happy that LBJ was coming... I was concerned because of his previous tendency to meddle in personnel decisions... but I couldn't argue with his results and I thought that Magic would have the necessary gravitas to keep LBJ in check.

When I heard the Godfather offer... (and yes granted, we don't know exactly what it was... however, most reports were by respected sources... either ESPN or LATimes) I became disillusioned and angered by the magnitude of the rumored offers because it showed me that we had likely cleared all that capspace for no good reason and we were now resorting to a desperation trade.

This would mean, not only would we lose the original group of assets... Julius/DLO/Nance/Clarkson/T. Bryant... but now add to it a new wave of better assets. We dodged the bullet because of New Orleans' FO stupidity... but then proceeded to divest ourselves from two cheap assets... Zubac and Svi and a 2nd round pick... for quick fixes that did little to nothing.

So now we are in jeopardy of losing BI/Kuzma/Lonzo/Hart/Lotto Pick for a summer trade... bringing the total of 13 assets to form a team with an old Klutch superstar and a younger injury prone superstar.

13 to 14 assets lost to sign an aging star who may never be what he once was... plus doubling down on AD who has won only 1 playoff series in 7 years.

Maybe... we somehow sign Butler or Kyrie to add to those two... but considering that the pairs of

How on earth do old LBJ/injury prone AD and possibly injury prone Kyrie or aging Jimmy... compete against these other teams while killing themselves playing on shortened rotations due to zero bench depth?

But I'm learning to hate this predicament that they all are creating for our team's future.
now you're making some logical points. i thought about the same thing. the one knock on AD and Kyrie is that they are both prone to injuries. thats a fact. So what do we do? Because we sure as heck need that level of talent. if we dont go for that level of talent, we are for sure doomed to mediocrity at best. if we go there and the injury bug bites as usual. then we're doomed again. but at least you had a chance.

What do you do? because outside of kyrie, AD level players, there arent any other players that are FA's or upcoming FA's that are MVP candidates that can compete with Team MVP candidates in the warriors.

This is the hard thing we have to think about. what do you do? you put together a nice team to watch knowing you will never win it all? that aint the laker way either. so there goes that idea. so what do we do?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:

LOl at this post. you just proved me point.

The W's... really. the W"s. sitting there with two...not one. but TWO MVPS on one team. multiple allstars. STOP IT.

Sixers. tanked to pull off what they finally have now. great, do you want us to INTENTIONALLY keep tanking until we get embid level talent and simmons level talent? we can.. are you down for that kind of intentional losing? by the way embid has simmons. thats my point. we have one guy, ONE. there is a reason magic is chasing a 2nd star so hard. you just proved why.

The raptors have another allstar on the team oh you forgot about that. again proving magic's point. you need at least 2.

If you dont have 2 stars and you have this many injuries there is no way to sustain winning. pure and simple. there's a reason why magic said we need 2 stars.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Poor backup plans.

The vets got hurt too. did you guys forget this part?

You lost your backup Vet pg for awhile, he came back, then went down again.

you lost bron for a long time.
you lost zo.

You can't have a team lose that many high level playmakers for that amt of time and expect a team to stay afloat. stop it Laker fans. i know we're upset but lets be realistic. Not even magic said this year was the year did he? NOPE. so why are we so bent out of shape when its clearly the injuries that have caused us the most damage.

So you're saying the rest of the constructed roster wasn't enough?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Why do we do this every time? When Injuries are by far the #1 reason we are losing games

splashmtn wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
splashmtn wrote:

now you're making some logical points. i thought about the same thing. the one knock on AD and Kyrie is that they are both prone to injuries. thats a fact. So what do we do? Because we sure as heck need that level of talent. if we dont go for that level of talent, we are for sure doomed to mediocrity at best. if we go there and the injury bug bites as usual. then we're doomed again. but at least you had a chance.

What do you do? because outside of kyrie, AD level players, there arent any other players that are FA's or upcoming FA's that are MVP candidates that can compete with Team MVP candidates in the warriors.

This is the hard thing we have to think about. what do you do? you put together a nice team to watch knowing you will never win it all? that aint the laker way either. so there goes that idea. so what do we do?

We were doing fine when morale was okay.

We sign good role players in place of Lance/Beasley/McGee/Rondo
(I personally like Rondo, but he's been poor on defense) Good shooters, a rim protector, an interior bully... and we'll be fine

Denver, Toronto... these teams are doing fine with one superstar and other good players.

All I'm saying is not to trade away the rest of the youth to put together a three man team.

It's not enough against the competition without any meaningful bench.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Injuries are a big part of it, but they don't explain our record since the All-Star break. We are losing to the worst teams in the NBA with a mostly healthy Lebron still playing at an extremely high level. One Lonzo injury shouldn't be causing all this losing. There are serious issues with our roster construction if Lonzo Ball's ass on the bench makes us worse than the Pheonix suns.

Yes they do explain the losing.

Its a 87% lebron out there, we all know it. sure thats better than most. But that aint enough when your other guys are also in and out of the lineup.

Since the allstar break. how many games has Zo played? Kuz? BI? Rondo? Tyson chandler?
How many games has josh hart played half hurt?

its too many dudes injured even with an 87% bron coming off of his first major injury ever.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: