Time to Tank, Will Today Hurt Tomorrow? Who is to Blame for it All?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject: Time to Tank, Will Today Hurt Tomorrow? Who is to Blame for it All?

Hey All,

A couple of recent ones:

Latest at @BleacherReport Will Lakers' Failed Season Cost Them in the 2019 Free Agent Market? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823356-will-lakers-failed-season-cost-them-in-the-2019-free-agent-market

Latest @BleacherReport Who's to Blame for Lakers Missing the Playoffs? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823570-whos-to-blame-for-lakers-missing-the-playoffs

And here's the latest podcast:

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep. 125: Time for the Los Angeles Lakers to Consider the Tank w/@JoshMartinNBA https://player.megaphone.fm/ADL1918542632
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers don't have to tank at all, they have the 7th hardest schedule from now til the end of the season and will be lucky if they win 5 or 6 more games...!

LeBron can get off early this year, and rest and do his TV production...
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Eric, if Irving leaves the Celtics, do you think that will limit how big of an offer they make to NO for AD?

On one hand if they trade a bunch of their young key players/draft picks, then they will be stuck with AD and a bunch on nobodies and if they choke then AD leaves after 1 season and then Boston becomes the Cav's two years from now, going from a Team with loads of upcoming talent to a bottom dweller (which would make me quite happy)...

In my Lakers Dream, Irving signs with the Lakers and the Celts worried about the about (ABOVE) scenario back-off from giving a huge package for AD and the Lakers swoop in and unload Zo, the 2019 first round pick and a couple of others (Kuz+Hart) and Lakers end up with LeBron, Irving and AD to build around...

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I would guess that being in the lottery might very well affect free agency. I would look at the team that added Lebron and see that their management couldn't even get them in the playoffs. I'm not sure that I would want to play for that.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Eric, if Irving leaves the Celtics, do you think that will limit how big of an offer they make to NO for AD?

On one hand if they trade a bunch of their young key players/draft picks, then they will be stuck with AD and a bunch on nobodies and if they choke then AD leaves after 1 season and then Boston becomes the Cav's two years from now, going from a Team with loads of upcoming talent to a bottom dweller (which would make me quite happy)...

In my Lakers Dream, Irving signs with the Lakers and the Celts worried about the about (ABOVE) scenario back-off from giving a huge package for AD and the Lakers swoop in and unload Zo, the 2019 first round pick and a couple of others (Kuz+Hart) and Lakers end up with LeBron, Irving and AD to build around...

More likely the Lakers will follow the path you prescribed to the Caltics.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Everyone has a hand in the Lakers failings.

1. Front office - Built a team that lacked shooting. Poor roster balance (SG heavy). Questionable trade deadline deals.

2. Luke - Moved away from the fast pace of play that was successful early in the season. Did not shorten rotations and bad rotations in general. Team looks incompetent in half court offense.

3. Lebron - Might be his worst season being a leader/captain of the team. Openly spoke about trading for other players and made hypocritical comments about distractions.

4. Everyone - MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS and stop complaining about your playtime.

I have to give Ingram credit though. He's had an up and down season but had to adjust his playstyle the most with Lebron coming in. He has really played better after returning from injury at playing off the ball and attacking the basket. His comments to the media are also very mature and he is willing to take the blame when team fails.

Lonzo has also played well and he really helps the team in every facet of the game, except for 3 point shooting.

Injuries really hurt this team after mid-season. Hart looks like his confidence is destroyed and key players missing significant time (Lebron and Lonzo).
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Based on how current season went (missing playoffs), I don't think Irving will come to the Lakers. I predict Irving and KD will go to the Knicks and Lakers will strike out again on the premiere free agents. With Irving leaving the Celtics, I think Lakers will be able to get AD with a lesser offer than what was reported during the trade deadline.
DillonSD
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

In a game that has become completely dominated by the 3point shot. We surrounded the best player in the NBA with players who play for 2point shots.

None of the players drafted within the last several years have ever been about THE THREE POINT SHOT they've been potential overall stars.

WE DON'T NEED POTENTIAL STARS WE NEED SHOOTERS

We don't need AD we need Klay Thompson

If the vision at the top of the Lakers isn't to collect 3point shooters then we're not going anywhere anytime soon.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
Shaber wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Based on how current season went (missing playoffs), I don't think Irving will come to the Lakers. I predict Irving and KD will go to the Knicks and Lakers will strike out again on the premiere free agents. With Irving leaving the Celtics, I think Lakers will be able to get AD with a lesser offer than what was reported during the trade deadline.

You know, you say they won't come here because we are a cluster Fk, which is fine, whatever, but then you go and say they will go to the Knicks that are way more a cluster Fk than we are. They haven't won crap since ???? damn, since 1973!! Dolan is a complete jerk and nobody likes him. He has treated players like dirt. But somehow you are OK with that and feel like nobody cares about him but we on the other hand are the scourge of the league. Brilliant!!
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:

1. Front office - Built a team that lacked shooting. Poor roster balance (SG heavy). Questionable trade deadline deals.

2. Luke - Moved away from the fast pace of play that was successful early in the season. Did not shorten rotations and bad rotations in general. Team looks incompetent in half court offense.

3. Lebron - Might be his worst season being a leader/captain of the team. Openly spoke about trading for other players and made hypocritical comments about distractions.

I have to give Ingram credit though. He's had an up and down season but had to adjust his playstyle the most with Lebron coming in. He has really played better after returning from injury at playing off the ball and attacking the basket. His comments to the media are also very mature and he is willing to take the blame when team fails.

Lonzo has also played well and he really helps the team in every facet of the game, except for 3 point shooting.

Injuries really hurt this team after mid-season. Hart looks like his confidence is destroyed and key players missing significant time (Lebron and Lonzo).

Forgot the announcers. Back then there were quite a few folks who blame the announcers, and I’m adding them to this list. They need to replace them.
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:

Do you have a clip (video or audio) of him saying ‘I want to trade all our guys’ ? He did say he wouldn’t mind playing with AD...Nothing wrong with that, I’m sure lots of players out there would want to play with AD.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Who's to blame - seriously?

lets recap:

Magic Pelinka trade away Lou Willaims for a #1 - I beleive they got Kuzma with the pick. Their 1st good move and only one.

They trade away future all star DLO to get rid of a bad Mozgov contract - then failed to use the cap space created. TERRIBLE MOVE!

They allowed Julius Randall to walk (I still think in part to punish the agent of PG and DLO). Bonehead move!

They tell the GM of NO they will trade EVERYONE on the roster to get AD. Then the team goes into the tank. ANOTHER BAD PLAY!

This front office is proving just as incapable (or worse!) than the prior regime. Magic has NO BUSINESS making any personnel decisions, period.

Get ready for a summer of trading away all the rookies, mortgaging 3 years of #1 picks and hoping to land another max deal in FA. All to help an aging LJ who is now declining in skills to try to win quick...

As a longtime laker fan, I am more thoroughly disgusted now since Mitch signed to horrible deals a few summers ago. Me, I would rather watch this team with DLO and Randall still on it - I think we would be a low playoff team!!!
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I forgot the unexplainable trade of Zubac for basically nothing!!!
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
Who's to blame - seriously?

lets recap:

Magic Pelinka trade away Lou Willaims for a #1 - I beleive they got Kuzma with the pick. Their 1st good move and only one.

They trade away future all star DLO to get rid of a bad Mozgov contract - then failed to use the cap space created. TERRIBLE MOVE!

They allowed Julius Randall to walk (I still think in part to punish the agent of PG and DLO). Bonehead move!

They tell the GM of NO they will trade EVERYONE on the roster to get AD. Then the team goes into the tank. ANOTHER BAD PLAY!

This front office is proving just as incapable (or worse!) than the prior regime. Magic has NO BUSINESS making any personnel decisions, period.

Get ready for a summer of trading away all the rookies, mortgaging 3 years of #1 picks and hoping to land another max deal in FA. All to help an aging LJ who is now declining in skills to try to win quick...

As a longtime laker fan, I am more thoroughly disgusted now since Mitch signed to horrible deals a few summers ago. Me, I would rather watch this team with DLO and Randall still on it - I think we would be a low playoff team!!!

Traded Lou for Toney Douglas who on draft night they flipped into Hart and T Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: