Got my CAPTAIN MARVEL TICKETS.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Got my CAPTAIN MARVEL TICKETS.

Surprisingly got a few good seats opening night thursday first showing. Seats still available. Just my local XD theater since I won't be able to drive out to the closest Imax from my work in time.

Am wondering if I'm the only once excited about it, heheh.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Going Friday afternoon, I'm excited for this one too. I've seen all of the MCU movies opening weekend since Iron-Man, I can't believe we're in year 12 of the MCU
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Lemme know how it goes. Trailers didn't excite so I'm gonna wait.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

tfw you're suffering from severe superhero fatigue but know you're still going to be giving Disney your money this weekend:
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I always end up watching these but this one looks particularly bad.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

You guys judge marvel movies way too harshly. They're not cinematic masterpieces buy the vast majority of them are well made.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
You guys judge marvel movies way too harshly. They're not cinematic masterpieces buy the vast majority of them are well made.

Maybe you don't mean me but I liked IW very much. The trailers looked crap for this. Doesn't mean the movie is doomed or that I've made up my mind about it either. I'd prefer to be wrong but want some opinions from people not on the payroll first.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

rotten tomatoes had to give one of their ratings features the amy schumer treatment thanks to this movie
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Maybe you don't mean me but I liked IW very much. The trailers looked crap for this. Doesn't mean the movie is doomed or that I've made up my mind about it either. I'd prefer to be wrong but want some opinions from people not on the payroll first.

Nah not you specifically but most of the marvel movie threads always have the same people complaining about pointless things. They're fun movies. We shouldn't look at them as anything more than that.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Nah not you specifically but most of the marvel movie threads always have the same people complaining about pointless things. They're fun movies. We shouldn't look at them as anything more than that.

Why not?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I think the celebration of übermenschen who are nice enough not to kill the little people gets as tiring after awhile as fêting Bill Gates for donating a portion of his billions to promote circumcisions in Africa. At least Ant Man was a story about a no name ex-con trying to go straight who gets recruited to fight back against the military industrial complex. Was Killmonger right? Maybe so, but they had to make him a sociopath.

Incel trolls online keep pitting Alita against Captain Marvel to make their dicks feel girthier because Brie Larsen dared to use her platform as the star of a megamillions franchise produced by a megabillions corporation to ask for greater diversity in entertainment journalism. Lame. The real reason to support Alita over most of the MCU* is that Carol Danvers has a tie-in with the U.S. Air Force while Alita suffers from body dysmorphia and is trying to fight back against the elite power that commodifies bodies and enslaves minds. The MCU basically exists to re-ify the plutocratic status quo which goes unremarked upon because the Zach Snyder DC Murderverse is out there flirting with outright objectivist fascism. Hell, in the otherwise wonderful Winter Soldier they couldn't even have Cap fight against S.H.I.E.L.D. engaged in malfeasance it had to be against Hydra plants within S.H.I.E.L.D.

And this is my TED Talk on why Black Widow deserved a solo film well before Captain Marvel.

* - not that one has to pick, really
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I think the celebration of übermenschen who are nice enough not to kill the little people gets as tiring after awhile as fêting Bill Gates for donating a portion of his billions to promote circumcisions in Africa. At least Ant Man was a story about a no name ex-con trying to go straight who gets recruited to fight back against the military industrial complex. Was Killmonger right? Maybe so, but they had to make him a sociopath.

Incel trolls online keep pitting Alita against Captain Marvel to make their dicks feel girthier because Brie Larsen dared to use her platform as the star of a megamillions franchise produced by a megabillions corporation to ask for greater diversity in entertainment journalism. Lame. The real reason to support Alita over most of the MCU* is that Carol Danvers has a tie-in with the U.S. Air Force while Alita suffers from body dysmorphia and is trying to fight back against the elite power that commodifies bodies and enslaves minds. The MCU basically exists to re-ify the plutocratic status quo which goes unremarked upon because the Zach Snyder DC Murderverse is out there flirting with outright objectivist fascism. Hell, in the otherwise wonderful Winter Soldier they couldn't even have Cap fight against S.H.I.E.L.D. engaged in malfeasance it had to be against Hydra plants within S.H.I.E.L.D.

And this is my TED Talk on why Black Widow deserved a solo film well before Captain Marvel.

* - not that one has to pick, really

Infinity War was a masterpiece for CBM's though. Everything else is just fodder for parts 1 and 2 of IW.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

It looks so bad. But it'll be another Marvel movie if that's your thing.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
rotten tomatoes had to give one of their ratings features the amy schumer treatment thanks to this movie

Dude, what’s the Schumer Treatment?

(You can PM me so we don’t hijack the homies thread)
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

I will see it, but even as a total Marvel fanboy, it doesn't look very good from the trailers. I think Brie Larson might be the first major casting mistake by Marvel. I know she's a good actress, but to me she doesn't seem to fit the role. Still, there's no way I'm going to miss the next-to-last movie of this phase of the MCU.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Do people besides Tony Stark ever have sex in the MCU? I want hornier Marvel, dagnabit.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Dude, what’s the Schumer Treatment?

(You can PM me so we don’t hijack the homies thread)

They nerf'd a review feature because they got flooded with anti-femenist trolls.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/captain-marvel-trolls-already-tanked-rotten-tomatoes-rating/
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject:

Good movie. Brie Larson had great chemistry with all of her main companions throughout the movie. Captain Marvel is clearly the most powerful entity so far in the Marvel Universe (besides Thanos with the Infinity Gaubtlet, obviously).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

I wonder if some of the 'meh'-ness of early reviews on this are coming from young GenXer/elder millennial critics who came of age in the 90s and can't handle the nostalgia trip.
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

The first post credits scene
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Just came back from the movies. I liked it a lot and Brie is hot!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

Fun flick. Solid except for the "I'm Just A Girl" mic drop.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

It was good, and didn't really drag at all. Brie and Sam Jackson had great chemistry. The first post credits scene was great. The second one gets all the theorizing started.

I also was wondering why the Skrull looked so familiar when he was drinking his soda in the house. He was mimicking Jules from Pulp Fiction. That along with the Mallrats scene were nice easter eggs.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

spideysense wrote:
The first post credits scene
was that the first movie that we've all gone to just to see the post credit scene so we could tie it in with the end of the last avengers? lol. i mean i was literally there waiting like ok this is a cool movie and all but when does she answer that pager?
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Fun flick. Solid except for the "I'm Just A Girl" mic drop.

Yes I liked the movie, and thought this song choice was too on the nose.

Captain Marvel is so super powered. Seems like she could 1v1 Thanos. I can't really imagine how they add her to the team to fight Thanos without the infinity gauntlet. Seems OP.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: