Official Johnathan Williams thread. (Signed to 2-way deal, Great debut against Spurs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

Part of me wonders if the Lakers really stumbled into a quality reserve big or if we're just so short on the things he brings that in context he's looking better than he normally would. Then again, in his debut against the Spurs he successively defended Aldridge in the post and cut off a DeRozan drive. Those are among the tougher things to do defensively in the league.

He reminds me some of AC Green actually.

He can't shoot which is a big no no in today's game, but he sets great screens on a team full of ball handlers and he goes hard to the rim when he does get it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
South Bay Lakers [ at ] southbaylakers

Los Angeles Lakers rookie center Johnathan Williams has joined South Bay as part of his two-way contract. He is expected to make his NBA G League debut the against Oklahoma City Blue on Friday night.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject:

How is this guy doing in the G-League? How many days of his two-way contract have we used? He played solid D in small ball formations early in the season, how bad can it get if we throw him in the Center mix?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

He needs to play. They have a huge problem at the C position.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject:

Great, bring another PF so the Rant/Fire Luke/Bad Rotations Patrol can feast.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Props to J. Williams on a great effort vs Denver: 8 points (3-4 fg), 2 rebs. Solid defense & hustle in 14 minutes of action.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

He has a soft touch around the rim just needs to gain more muscle & strength because he was getting bodied. Love the effort though
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject:

Williams can ball I like his game.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Great, bring another PF so the Rant/Fire Luke/Bad Rotations Patrol can feast.

Some of you guys on the other side of the fence really take the cake man. For example...

On one hand... y'all expect this team to reach the playoffs (and some even had hopes of winning it all)... but apparently our coach has no part to play in us losing to the NYK, Suns, Hawks, Grizzlies and Pelicans when we're in "must-win" mode? Yes, he's been dealt a bad hand... and yes, Lebron has been way more trouble than he's worth on a team like ours... but I don't think Luke has done enough with what he has either... and he has had more to work with than a lot of other teams who are hovering around the same win-loss rate that we are.

Or in the FA thread... most whine about having 1 year Vet Mins who aren't giving their all... yet want those 1 year Vets to play all the time over developing some of our younger draft picks a little... even at a time when our season seems done and the squad is riddled with injuries... and they still post squads for next season that include... you guessed it, more 1 year Vet Mins.

I'm in the "Luke doesn't have a clue" camp now...but I haven't reached that conclusion overnight, kept an open mind so as not to pre-judge... and at least, I'm consistent with my logic.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

He's playing with such energy and cuts to the rims... this is early season McGee!!! what happened!!!

By the way, LeBron looks way bigger than Williams, insane
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

I'm impressed with his pick and roll defense; he's able to switch from guarding forwards to quick guards much better than Kuz and Javale. It's not just the effort and energy; he has pretty good/quick lateral movement.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

He put on a show in front of a national audience and showed teams he can play. Unfortunately, that probably means he's gone next season. We tend to drop the guys who are on the upswing for whatever reason.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: