OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1790, 1791, 1792 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Praying for Brandon, life is bigger than basketball course. It was reassuring to watch that video, regardless of basketball they have a plan and hopefully 3 mo of thinners and he never has issues. Can't say my mind didn't go to trade rumors. It's going to be hard for the Pels to demand my favorite young Laker.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing he'll be fine, given that he's young and it's an upper extremity DVTs. It will be a process, and he'll have to bear some of the nasty side effects of blood thinners for a little while.

The issue will be managing his workload/minutes so that this doesn't happen again. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. If this was the result of persistent trauma to his arm, then they'll have to figure out the factors that led up to it. Was it overtraining? Overlifting? Might have to scale that back a bit.

The cure is always in prevention. This, IMO, will be a job for the training and nutrition staff.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

For BI health and lakers future sake I hope he gets medical care outside of the LAL medical and training staff
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
For BI health and lakers future sake I hope he gets medical care outside of the LAL medical and training staff

OMG, the LAL medical staff is some of the best in professional sports. Why is it that this keeps being brought up? If I were Ingram, or any other LA athlete, you are in great hands here. Not sure why we keep bringing up that they are bad when they are the best in sports. Do I keep having to mention UCLA and Cedars? Heard of those?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

OMG, the LAL medical staff is some of the best in professional sports. Why is it that this keeps being brought up? If I were Ingram, or any other LA athlete, you are in great hands here. Not sure why we keep bringing up that they are bad when they are the best in sports. Do I keep having to mention UCLA and Cedars? Heard of those?

The results year in year out are more than enough evidence. Ya I have heard of UCLA and Cedars and i have witnessed bad medical management and both institution. Dont get fooled by the name.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

The results year in year out are more than enough evidence. Ya I have heard of UCLA and Cedars and i have witnessed bad medical management and both institution. Dont get fooled by the name.

Nah, you are incorrect. Last time there was a bad or misdiagnosis was over 15 years ago with Karl Malone's knee. Other than that, I can't recall any medical staff having terribly misdiagnosed or mistreated an injury to a player.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

What specific results that you are referring to? Botched surgery? Misdiagnosis?
There is bad medical management at every high-end institution so unless you are being specific as it relates to the Lakers, then it's a moot point.

Malone is the only that I know of.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

What specific results that you are referring to? Botched surgery? Misdiagnosis?
There is bad medical management at every high-end institution so unless you are being specific as it relates to the Lakers, then it's a moot point.

Malone is the only that I know of.

Post Malone?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I heard BI and his family are unhappy with the Lakers. This is their time to step up and take care one of their own. After free agency, offer him a rookie extension and give him a chance to recover. Maybe we sign him to a reasonable contract that’s fair for both sides, and we keep him on the roster for 5-6 more seasons. He may not be tradable with his condition, but what we learned from the Chris Bosh situation is that the league is willing to make things right for both sides. A precedence has been set.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Nah, you are incorrect. Last time there was a bad or misdiagnosis was over 15 years ago with Karl Malone's knee. Other than that, I can't recall any medical staff having terribly misdiagnosed or mistreated an injury to a player.

Nash.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I heard BI and his family are unhappy with the Lakers. This is their time to step up and take care one of their own. After free agency, offer him a rookie extension and give him a chance to recover. Maybe we sign him to a reasonable contract that’s fair for both sides, and we keep him on the roster for 5-6 more seasons. He may not be tradable with his condition, but what we learned from the Chris Bosh situation is that the league is willing to make things right for both sides. A precedence has been set.

Your going to give him an extension without knowing his future health?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Can’t do that. But they also took care of Turiaf. Just stinks for BI as he approaches an extension but maybe it isn’t career threatening.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

From who? Please don't say Stephen A...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Did anyone post this? Doctor talking BI's DVT.

Just watched this video. Made me squeamish in the sense of being concerned about BI just as a man.

Is there a precedent for an NBA player who had a blood clot, had to take blood thinners and was fine the rest of his career?
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Just watched this video. Made me squeamish in the sense of being concerned about BI just as a man.

Is there a precedent for an NBA player who had a blood clot, had to take blood thinners and was fine the rest of his career?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5753956/

Yes, 19 players in the NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB have had an upper extremity DVP. All 19 came back in an average of 4.3 months and continued their career without ever experiencing another DVP.

BI can work on his free throws and stand still shooting while on blood thinners but can’t exert himself.

This is great news for BI and the rest of his caeeer.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
slavavov wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Yes, 19 players in the NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB have had an upper extremity DVP. All 19 came back in an average of 4.3 months and continued their career without ever experiencing another DVP.

BI can work on his free throws and stand still shooting while on blood thinners but can’t exert himself.

SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The same Stephen A. that has ranted on how much the Lakers need to trade Ingram.. BS.

I would say the same SAS that raved about Magic and Pelinka at the beginning of the year. Same SAS that said the Lakers should take Ball with the 2nd pick and then questioned why the Lakers did with better players available lol

Fact remains.. hes been vocal, and insistent that the Lakers should trade Ingram.

Yes but I'm saying he is full of hot air.

Coach Wooden
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that's a great find on the 19 other players.. Needed some more glimmers of hope with all the negativity lately haha

Obviously it's all about his personal health foremost but I think it's pretty clear he's the second best player on the Lakers right now with Lonzo not far behind who also has health concerns (Much less serious but still concerns) so any good news is great news right now.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The same Stephen A. that has ranted on how much the Lakers need to trade Ingram.. BS.

I would say the same SAS that raved about Magic and Pelinka at the beginning of the year. Same SAS that said the Lakers should take Ball with the 2nd pick and then questioned why the Lakers did with better players available lol

Fact remains.. hes been vocal, and insistent that the Lakers should trade Ingram.

Gotcha..
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Gotcha..

Coach Wooden
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

BI will be up running the floor by August and won't miss a beat.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Lord willing
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Gotcha..

My bad bro.. =)
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
slavavov wrote:
mookielala wrote:

75-80% from the line for BI would be amazing and turn this into a blessing in disguise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1790, 1791, 1792 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1791 of 1885
Jump to: