Why didn't we re-sign Brook Lopez?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
From Bill Oram:

Quote:
After delivering James in July, Magic Johnson ignored the pleas of the coaching staff that he retain Brook Lopez and Julius Randle.

Instead, Johnson signed controversial and limited journeymen JaVale McGee, Lance Stephenson, and Michael Beasley.

https://theathletic.com/860710/2019/03/11/luke-waltons-last-days-how-the-lakers-strayed-from-their-values-and-are-now-set-to-betray-their-coach/

Good lord.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

I'm (bleep) furious. (bleep).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

I bet we'll eventually hear that Magic thought Lopez was too slow and didn't rebound enough. Just like the dumbest LG.com posters.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Did Lebron have a say in this????

I would imagine Lebron did.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Did Lebron have a say in this????

I would imagine Lebron did.

Lopez would complement LeBron well, so I doubt it.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Not even gonna lie. At the time he left I didn’t care. Guy was constantly getting out rebounded by Lonzo Ball. He also had so many games where he chucked non stop and went 1-6 which pissed me off.

But the guy is putting in work for MIL
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Not even gonna lie. At the time he left I didn’t care. Guy was constantly getting out rebounded by Lonzo Ball. He also had so many games where he chucked non stop and went 1-6 which pissed me off.

Yeah, but back then you were Lazlow, before you got outposted by everybody and we had to chuck you, and no one cared. I suggest you might want to do a better job balling out this time, because when i have to research a guy who reminds me of someone, that's usually a sign they haven't learned anything...
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Yeah, but back then you were Lazlow, before you got outposted by everybody and we had to chuck you, and no one cared. I suggest you might want to do a better job balling out this time, because when i have to research a guy who reminds me of someone, that's usually a sign they haven't learned anything...

I think you were trying to be too clever and use my words and it ended up not working. I talk Lakers. Whether or not someone cares about me on a forum is probably the lowest of my priorities. I’m here when it’s an interesting time and boy Lebron sure has made things interesting. Love the hot takes on here.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

I think you were trying to be too clever and use my words and it ended up not working. I talk Lakers. Whether or not someone cares about me on a forum is probably the lowest of my priorities. I’m here when it’s an interesting time and boy Lebron sure has made things interesting. Love the hot takes on here.

Let me type more slowly so you will understand. You were banned under your previous screen name here for being an aggressive, hot take kind of trouble maker. And you aren't doing a much better job under this one. So do better, or I will. Hot enough take for you?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Well, yes. Randle and Lopez better than the players we signed.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Is this supposed to change anything? We all know Maginka let him walk because of financial/fit reasons. We also know Julius and Luke were cool so this isn't surprising. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now, but I'm not sure what this info is supposed to do for us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: