News: Magic Steps Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 124, 125, 126  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
What do these guys have in common?

- Jordan
- Magic
- Isiah Thomas

At least they are great NBA players. What is Rob pelinka's resume?

Pelinka holds a Juris Doctor (bleep) laude from the University of Michigan Law School (1996) and Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Michigan Ross School of Business (1993).
Pelinka was the 1993 NCAA Male Walter Byers Scholar Athlete of the Year.

Lawyer, #1 sports agent, and former college basketball player (on the bench w/ Fab Five).....there is more but I'm impressed.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Pelinka holds a Juris Doctor (bleep) laude

heh
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

- Jordan
- Magic
- Isiah Thomas

All are more respected than LeCollusion?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

- Jordan
- Magic
- Isiah Thomas

All are more respected than LeCollusion?

which may be true but they are all terrible executives. apparently Luke wanted Randle and Lopez for this season but Magic bullied his way with luke and gave him McGee Lance and Rondo. when luke couldn't make this (bleep) show work. Magic took that and blamed him??? MAgic is a POS
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is the most tired post. Magic should be fired wah, wah Go to the P & M and just stay there.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

He has done a lot of good. He went with a plan of getting playmakers and it didn’t work, but because he is smart with contracts we can make a new attempt this summer.

I’d rather continue to have the potential to be great and keep our options open with safe signings than to pull a Deng and mozgov.

Zubac trade was bad. Let’s wait and see what he can do once he gets a meeting with Kyrie and Kawhi. Even though it’s a long shot... Magic is Mr. LA and deserves to be given time and our support.

Now if he maxes out Middleton or Cousins THEN call for him to step down.

Only person exposed this season for incompetence is Luke Walton.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject:

Lou Williams and Zubac. What kind of players are we looking for if we traded away these players? I mean seriously, we're looking for talented players but we're literally throwing away talented players already in our team.

The Clippers have really handed it to us. They might even win a championship this year. They don't need Kawhi or Durant. They're already championship caliber by fleecing the Lakers.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

LG has found a new whippin boy.. If it's not Ball, it's Ingram, or Kuz.

Can you guys at least concentrate the constant complaining about the front office into their actual official threads? Instead of creating new threads.. It's getting pretty ridiculous on this site.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lou Williams and Zubac. What kind of players are we looking for if we traded away these players? I mean seriously, we're looking for talented players but we're literally throwing away talented players already in our team.

The Clippers have really handed it to us. They might even win a championship this year. They don't need Kawhi or Durant. They're already championship caliber by fleecing the Lakers.

I'm one of the few who don't really care about Zubac either way, but him being the first trade w/ the Clipps since 83 might just signify that they feel they got the better end of the deal. Even with West, I doubt they break that streak otherwise.

They don't have a snowball's chance to actually win the title, but I do think they are what the Lakers once were years ago and it's a sad thought. They have no drama at all circling around their owner, FO w/ Logo, players, and their franchise is even legit post scumbag codger (name gladly forgotten at the moment) and they're putting up a new arena. WTF. Their players play HARD and they have a few guys with edge to them. We made Gallinari, Montrezl, Beverly and Rivers look like Moses Malone, Karl Malone, Jeff Malone, and Mike Malone. All of those effers "jelling" as they say. The start of this season, I thought we were done w/ the beatings by teams like LAC, MEM!!!, NO, and MIN. Wishful thinking on my part, yikes.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
tox wrote:
MJST wrote:
tox wrote:
Magic brought us LeBron.

And then his inept FO decisions after that and prior to that are the reason why with leBron the Lakers are neat the 4th worst team in the West, and about to miss the Playoffs for the First time in LeBron's career since 2005.

"Getting LeBron" means nothing if you have no clue what to do with it after or prior.

And? I'm not saying Magic is a good exec.
My argument is Magic has shown he can do one thing: bring in a max free agent. If the $38M we're punting goes to a superstar this summer we're sitting pretty. Magic should get this summer to carry that out.

This is where I come down. We really have no choice in the matter. Once Magic made the Russell trade, we were pretty much pot-committed on this strategy. The following moves, including dumping Nance and Randle, and signing Lebron, just made us even more committed. The showdown is coming this summer.

I will just comment, once again, that "max free agent" and "superstar" are different things. I think you realize this, but I'm dreading the day when Magic gives a max contract to Joe Bob Nobody, and some people start claiming that Magic did what he promised.

From everything we've seen so far, Magic is going for the homerun, not a double.

... and probably will strikeout a la Dave Kingman.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Can you guys at least concentrate the constant complaining about the front office into their actual official threads? Instead of creating new threads.. It's getting pretty ridiculous on this site.

Participation is voluntary
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

And if it was Mitch or Jimmy, it'd be fine.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

Magic doesn't deserve to be fired...

What he does deserve is a shock collar every time he delves into his over hyping rants about upcoming seasons, specific players, and ol'teammate buddies who are terrible coaches (B Scott).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/1105499571352993793?s=21
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Regardless, his true colors have really shown.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

What the (bleep) is Magic doing
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I'm one of the few who don't really care about Zubac either way, but him being the first trade w/ the Clipps since 83 might just signify that they feel they got the better end of the deal. Even with West, I doubt they break that streak otherwise.

They don't have a snowball's chance to actually win the title, but I do think they are what the Lakers once were years ago and it's a sad thought.......
how are what the lakers once were if they havent won anything? come on laker fans. you guys gotta stop doing this every time we lose. Stop elevating every other team that isnt losing like us into some kind of "best franchise" "what we use to be" nonsense. it is not even remotely true.

They dont have controversy with their owner. OOO thats special. we dont either. only fans here cry about jeanie as an owner. Jeanie hasnt done a thing but have to go against the entire nba every time she has a FO trying to better the team (cp3, and now AD). does the clippers have to deal with that? NO. why? they aint a threat now. they are not winning like we have won since the 80's. No one has. spurs come close and only this current warriors super team comes close. once these warriors age out can you guarantee they will still be in the hunt for rings? NOPE. they could easily be the jordan bulls. a lucky franchise who had a heck of a run and will not see the finals again for decades upon decades.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Regardless, his true colors have really shown.
who's true colors? i saw nothing new in that link.

the same ole same ole. And the comments. talking about the lakers were not that good to begin with, lebron comes and they were good enough to stay afloat. when is staying afloat the 4th seed in the west? You see what i'm talking about. the lies and exaggerations of everything in either direction is ridiculous.

then to say but when lbj came back they got worse. of course we did, we lost other players for the season after he got back are we going to keep ignoring this fact?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

What the (bleep) is Magic doing

Jesus Christ, that's so bad. If it wasn't Klutch then my apologies
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Sounds like something out of the Coach Magic Johnson days when he’d try to “motivate” his players. Not to mention other the highlights:
>Vlade Divac’s pager vs wall
>Admonishing NVE for pushing Ref Garretson, then decides to bump a ref himself 5 days later
> 5–11, 10 game losing streak to close out the season
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Sapped morale right as we started losing games and end up missing playoffs

lmao magic

why is he still on the lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

magic Johnson is that old uncle you cant get rid of at family parties. He says the most dumbest things and he makes everyone uncomfortable...

TAKE A HIKE MAGIC WE WANT JERRY WEST BACK!!!!!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
He has done a lot of good. He went with a plan of getting playmakers and it didn’t work, but because he is smart with contracts we can make a new attempt this summer.

I’d rather continue to have the potential to be great and keep our options open with safe signings than to pull a Deng and mozgov.

Zubac trade was bad. Let’s wait and see what he can do once he gets a meeting with Kyrie and Kawhi. Even though it’s a long shot... Magic is Mr. LA and deserves to be given time and our support.

Now if he maxes out Middleton or Cousins THEN call for him to step down.

Only person exposed this season for incompetence is Luke Walton.

The "playmakers plan" could've worked. I don't think Magic could foresee our best shooters from last season completely falling off a cliff. If they maintained their averages I think it would've been a successful plan.

The 3 big strikes for me are:

1. Slamming the door shut on Jerry West

2. Not even attempting to sign Lopez for such a miniscule salary

3. Zubac trade
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

And if it was Mitch or Jimmy, it'd be fine.

It would be fine to create thread after thread about the same thing? When that one thing could be discussed in the thread that actually exists for that topic?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

If the report is true that Magic told the players to "not be babies", it tells you that he is out of touch with reality. I think his ego is much bigger than his brain. He has been so successful with his career in and out of basketball that he is treating this Lakers FO role as "easy" and to do things "his way". He is truly a very ignorant man if that is the case.

Mitch Kupchak would never have acted this way, even with trade rumors. You never heard dirt on Mitch on how he handled the players, other teams, agents, etc. A pro, because he learned from a pro.

As much as I love Magic as a player, he seems like a dumb ass moron when it comes to his role with the organization. He doesn't know what he is doing and either does Pelinka. Two guys winging it on the job. I think they got happy with Lebron and didn't know what to do after that.

I would fire them both if I had the power....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 124, 125, 126  Next
Page 9 of 126
Jump to: