Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
You think he's going to drag this team to the playoffs like kobe before achilles or kobe in 2006? not a chance. and even if he tried, he would look so bad... .

That's an apples to oranges comparison.

For one thing, the Lakers winning percentage in 2006 would have made them the 10th seed in the west at this moment.

For another thing, Kobe was 27 in 2006. Put a 27 year old Lebron on this team and it's a good bet they do make the playoffs since he was playing at a DPoY level at that age.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.

At the same time, they happened to play together during the period when we had an easy schedule. Most of those 15 wins were against bad teams. So I don't know that that trio is the recipe for success over the long term.

People forget to mention this....

Coach Wooden
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.

Is crazy

At the same time, they happened to play together during the period when we had an easy schedule. Most of those 15 wins were against bad teams. So I don't know that that trio is the recipe for success over the long term.

We beat the Nuggets, Blazers Twice, Wolves (with butler), Kings, Jazz, Pacers, Spurs, and Warriors. We also lost to mostly playoff teams. Why do people keep repeating this crap?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
You think he's going to drag this team to the playoffs like kobe before achilles or kobe in 2006? not a chance. and even if he tried, he would look so bad... .

For one thing, the Lakers winning percentage in 2006 would have made them the 10th seed in the west at this moment.

For another thing, Kobe was 27 in 2006. Put a 27 year old Lebron on this team and it's a good bet they do make the playoffs since he was playing at a DPoY level at that age.

Also 2005 happened. Kobe in his prime missed the playoffs. yawn
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

tox wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

lol you guys make all these technical points like so what? where's the judge? lol!

you trying to say lebron can somehow perform the kind of heroics known for by kobe mj magic? oh, not now because the OTHER guys suck. yea right

if that's what you are saying, just lol. i mean we got 3 more years of this, what are you seeing??!!

dont make me post the uncut every kobe defensive posession video from a game to show how kobe plays d, old or young or injured. now...im not saying lbj has to be kobe but forget the TECHNICALITIS just look at the effort, the skill! man...lbj doesnt have any of that. hmmm...hes the best.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

trablos wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.

Is crazy

We beat the Nuggets, Blazers Twice, Wolves (with butler), Kings, Jazz, Pacers, Spurs, and Warriors. We also lost to mostly playoff teams. Why do people keep repeating this crap?

Well because it's true.

Coach Wooden
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
trablos wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.

Is crazy

Well because it's true.

So were most of the wins against bad teams or not? His list seems like they weren't mostly bad teams. Or am I missing something?
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

[quote="SpunkieLakerCat"]
trablos wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.

Is crazy

Well because it's true.[/quote

Yes we did then again we lost to the Knick, Nets Cavs get the picture.

Coach Wooden
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

[quote="epak"]
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
trablos wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.

Is crazy

Well because it's true.

So were most of the wins against bad teams or not? His list seems like they weren't mostly bad teams. Or am I missing something?[/quote

Sure we won some games against playoff teams. Remember The Jazz and Blazers struggled at the beginning of the year as did Spurs and Kings.

Coach Wooden
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

regular season does not matter lol. what are we trying to figure out, we already beat the warriors? what more does anyone want out of this kind of thing? you think we win any round against any playoff team because we beat the warriors? i dont understand.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
regular season does not matter lol. what are we trying to figure out, we already beat the warriors? what more does anyone want out of this kind of thing? you think we win any round against any playoff team because we beat the warriors? i dont understand.

Nah, the narrative now is that despite how good we looked to start the year, it didn't count because we had an "easy" schedule, which is blatantly false. The point being that we were well equipped to make the playoffs with the roster we had until we got derailed by injuries. I guess it's all moot since the team will look very different next year.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Nah, the narrative now is that despite how good we looked to start the year, it didn't count because we had an "easy" schedule, which is blatantly false. The point being that we were well equipped to make the playoffs with the roster we had until we got derailed by injuries. I guess it's all moot since the team will look very different next year.

yea...until the fans admit or realize that lbj sucks, we are going to continue to wonder why things were good before and not now, or why lbj was good on other teams but not now, or why lbj misses fts, or why he doesnt play D, or why our guys suck when they were so good before, or why magic sucks now, jeannies the worst.....what a trainwreck.

All because people have to insist that lbj is the greatest. trust me, if you understand how AVERAGE he is this will all make perfect sense. watch...

why does he miss clutch fts? because he is AVERAGE
why isnt the team good when we have the GOAT? because he is AVERAGE
why do Magic and pelinka suck? cuz they got an AVERAGE star. (dont even think about thinking they should NOT have gotten lbj because the forum here would want his statue taken down for that)
why does our D suck? because he is AVERAGE
why cant we shoot? because he is AVERAGE

lol
now, it doesnt work if you think hes the greatest. watch...
why does he miss clutch fts? cuz hes the GREATEST!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
trablos wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

yea...until the fans admit or realize that lbj sucks, we are going to continue to wonder why things were good before and not now, or why lbj was good on other teams but not now, or why lbj misses fts, or why he doesnt play D, or why our guys suck when they were so good before, or why magic sucks now, jeannies the worst.....what a trainwreck.

All because people have to insist that lbj is the greatest. trust me, if you understand how AVERAGE he is this will all make perfect sense. watch...

why does he miss clutch fts? because he is AVERAGE
why isnt the team good when we have the GOAT? because he is AVERAGE
why do Magic and pelinka suck? cuz they got an AVERAGE star. (dont even think about thinking they should NOT have gotten lbj because the forum here would want his statue taken down for that)
why does our D suck? because he is AVERAGE
why cant we shoot? because he is AVERAGE

lol
now, it doesnt work if you think hes the greatest. watch...
why does he miss clutch fts? cuz hes the GREATEST!!

Undeniable logic.

Are you a professional talent evaluator with years of experience? Or is this just a god given gift? Watch out Jerry West, Superboy is coming for you.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
tox wrote:

lol you guys make all these technical points like so what? where's the judge? lol!

you trying to say lebron can somehow perform the kind of heroics known for by kobe mj magic? oh, not now because the OTHER guys suck. yea right

if that's what you are saying, just lol. i mean we got 3 more years of this, what are you seeing??!!

dont make me post the uncut every kobe defensive posession video from a game to show how kobe plays d, old or young or injured. now...im not saying lbj has to be kobe but forget the TECHNICALITIS just look at the effort, the skill! man...lbj doesnt have any of that. hmmm...hes the best.

Au contraire mon frere, I couldn't give less of a (bleep) about this conversation that you're so invested in. I just want to point how stupid your reasoning is to point out '06 Kobe as proof that Kobe would never miss the playoffs, as if he didn't do the same exact thing one year ago.

I don't think it really diminishes Kobe and I don't think this season diminishes LeBron. Turns out basketball is a team sport, who'd have thought?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: