Just got a new Vehicle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Just got a new Vehicle

2019 Honda Passport Touring AWD (All Wheel Drive) Model, Modern Steel Gray with Black Interior.

It's a Mid-size SUV, much bigger than a RAV4, I was looking for something I could take camping a few times a year (8.1" clearance), and could sleep in the back if need be. But it's also great on the street as well, smooth running 6cyl and 9 speed transmission, Apple Play, and a ton of safety features and probably the best stock stereo I have ever had. I lot different from my last car (BMW 328i Coupe). It was new out last month, not sure if you've seen one, so here's a link:

https://shop.honda.com/passport.aspx

Thoughts, questions, maybe you got a new car, want a new car, I dunno, post whatever...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got a new Vehicle

unleasHell wrote:
2019 Honda Passport Touring AWD (All Wheel Drive) Model, Modern Steel Gray with Black Interior.

It's a Mid-size SUV, much bigger than a RAV4, I was looking for something I could take camping a few times a year (8.1" clearance), and could sleep in the back if need be. But it's also great on the street as well, smooth running 6cyl and 9 speed transmission, Apple Play, and a ton of safety features and probably the best stock stereo I have ever had. I lot different from my last car (BMW 328i Coupe). It was new out last month, not sure if you've seen one, so here's a link:

Thoughts, questions, maybe you got a new car, want a new car, I dunno, post whatever...

I know you were a passionate owner of your Beemer, so it’s cool you’re enjoying your new ride which is very different.

I’m currently driving a 2018 Camry XSE V6 which I am liking as much as my previous 2003 BMW 535 as far as fun drivability, which is shocking to me considering I’m not a fan of front wheel drive cars. It also has cool sports coupe amenities that please the mid-life crisis me happy while not pissing of my wife.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

Thumbs up

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

Congrats! That SUV should be great for what you need! My sis has a CRV that has lasted for ages and is very comfortable to ride in. I went from a 2004 Civic to a CPO 2015 Infiniti Q50 recently. The Civic was very reliable and the gas mileage was awesome. Loving the Q50 now since it's not a struggle to change lanes or merge onto the highway anymore (65 mph speed limit here). Interior is night and day compared to the Civic, so I'm trying to take care of it more.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Just got a new Vehicle

unleasHell wrote:

Congrats! I’m a Civic driver thinking of getting a new Accord this summer. Been on their website a few times so my IG/Twitter feeds are filled with the Passport. Looks very spacious.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

How you do on your passport (looks great by the way), my 2019 KIA Sorento EX goes 20-22mpg including Hwy?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

I always want a new car....or maybe just a different car. Within 6 months of driving off the lot, I start having desires for other cars I see. Of course I can't get a new car every 6 months....so it is like 6 months of being content, and 60 months of wanting.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Nice looking SUV. I made the switch from sedan to SUV a few years ago and have not regretted it.

I see the Passport has Apple Carplay/Android Auto integrated into the head end. That was high on my list of convenience features when I bought my current car. To me, it's one of the most helpful convenience features since power windows. I won't buy another car that doesn't have it.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Nice looking SUV. I made the switch from sedan to SUV a few years ago and have not regretted it.

I see the Passport has Apple Carplay/Android Auto integrated into the head end. That was high on my list of convenience features when I bought my current car. To me, it's one of the most helpful convenience features since power windows. I won't buy another car that doesn't have it.

The only thing is that it keeps charging, i havent figure out how to stop it from charging and just use the apps
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

SUVs are fun!! I’m waiting on the new bronco to be revealed so I can decide between that or a Jeep. I’m keeping my mustang & f-150 either way
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Thumbs up

Not trying to hijack this thread but what do you think of the new Civic Type R Mike ( a t ) LG?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

The only thing is that it keeps charging, i havent figure out how to stop it from charging and just use the apps

Wait why would you not want it to charge your phone while you’re using it? I love that feature esp when using GPS map apps because of the battery drain.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Wait why would you not want it to charge your phone while you’re using it? I love that feature esp when using GPS map apps because of the battery drain.

Long drive it keeps charging and you have to keep it plug to use the apple car play. I want it to stop at like 90 or 95% but I don't know how to do it while still using the car play
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Thumbs up

Not trying to hijack this thread but what do you think of the new Civic Type R Mike -at- LG?

BIG fan. Underrated performance for the money.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Thumbs up

Not trying to hijack this thread but what do you think of the new Civic Type R Mike @ LG?

BIG fan. Underrated performance for the money.

Thanks Mike
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Long drive it keeps charging and you have to keep it plug to use the apple car play. I want it to stop at like 90 or 95% but I don't know how to do it while still using the car play

One of my favorite features of my ride is the wireless charging. No hassles with cords. Just put it on the charging pad when I want to and no messing with cables.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Interesting choice. I'm currently in the market for an SUV and I'm leaning toward the upcoming RAV4 Hybrid.

Did you comparison shop with a 4Runner? Totally different vehicle (ladder frame vs unibody [Passport]), but off the beaten path the 4Runner is one of a handful of true SUVs left on the market. Shame the infotainment (as well as most of the car) is a bit dated; still, should get safety-sense and android auto next model year.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Interesting choice. I'm currently in the market for an SUV and I'm leaning toward the upcoming RAV4 Hybrid.

Did you comparison shop with a 4Runner? Totally different vehicle (ladder frame vs unibody [Passport]), but off the beaten path the 4Runner is one of a handful of true SUVs left on the market. Shame the infotainment (as well as most of the car) is a bit dated; still, should get safety-sense and android auto next model year.

We had a 1998 4Runner (wifes' daily driver) for 17 years and 217,000 miles and it was a super reliable vehicle, IF Toyota had a decent remodeled version; it would have been my first choice! But sadly the 4Runner has not had a major remodel in over 10 years, the engine (4.0) may be reliable, but at 17/20 mpg, it is very underwhelming, as is the 5spd tranny, it does not have any of the major Safety features that most ALL Mfg'rs are including nowadays. Now, if you really want a true Body-on-Frame SUV, your other choices are a Jeep or waiting for the new Bronco & Explorer coming out as 2020 models.

As for the new (2019) RAV4, the specs looked great and I had it at the top of my want list as well, that is until it was released and most EVERY independent review trashed it (ok, exagerating slightly) but the reviews are not good: nearly everyone mentions the excessive engine noise, the funky cheap interior, the underwhelming engine (power), for me the colors sucked, but the things that totally removed the RAV from my list was: (1) a Loaded Adventure model was over $40k, with a 4cyl and NO leather interior, and (2) a recent Motor Trend small SUV review in which it fished 4th place (CRV won).

Now, everyone has different needs, I needed something I could Camp-in (and sleep in the back if needed), coming from two BMW's over the last 15+ years, I did not think I would be happy with an entry-level, under-powered, 4cyl with a cheap non-leather interior, I don't trust American cars (been there-done that), so a nicely loaded Passport for under $40k was what I very happily ended up with.

And oh, the 550w, 10 speaker, (including a sub-woofer) Stereo is the best sounding "stock" stereo I have ever owned! It also has a hard-drive to load your music on.

Here's a clip on the 280hp 6cyl Passport:

Again, it depends on your needs, if you are looking for a SUV that will never go off-road, I'd recommend you check out the Mazda CX5 or the Lexus UX before the RAV4...

Cheers...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Why do you want it to stop charging at 90-95 percent? Is it like an OCD thing?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I think he wants to preserve the longevity of his phone battery. Some laptops will trickle charge and/or stop charging around 90-95% for this reason.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I think he wants to preserve the longevity of his phone battery. Some laptops will trickle charge and/or stop charging around 90-95% for this reason.

yeah, people told me it burns/high charge the battery or something if charging close to 100%
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

We had a 1998 4Runner (wifes' daily driver) for 17 years and 217,000 miles and it was a super reliable vehicle, IF Toyota had a decent remodeled version; it would have been my first choice! But sadly the 4Runner has not had a major remodel in over 10 years, the engine (4.0) may be reliable, but at 17/20 mpg, it is very underwhelming, as is the 5spd tranny, it does not have any of the major Safety features that most ALL Mfg'rs are including nowadays. Now, if you really want a true Body-on-Frame SUV, your other choices are a Jeep or waiting for the new Bronco & Explorer coming out as 2020 models.

As for the new (2019) RAV4, the specs looked great and I had it at the top of my want list as well, that is until it was released and most EVERY independent review trashed it (ok, exagerating slightly) but the reviews are not good: nearly everyone mentions the excessive engine noise, the funky cheap interior, the underwhelming engine (power), for me the colors sucked, but the things that totally removed the RAV from my list was: (1) a Loaded Adventure model was over $40k, with a 4cyl and NO leather interior, and (2) a recent Motor Trend small SUV review in which it fished 4th place (CRV won).

Now, everyone has different needs, I needed something I could Camp-in (and sleep in the back if needed), coming from two BMW's over the last 15+ years, I did not think I would be happy with an entry-level, under-powered, 4cyl with a cheap non-leather interior, I don't trust American cars (been there-done that), so a nicely loaded Passport for under $40k was what I very happily ended up with.

And oh, the 550w, 10 speaker, (including a sub-woofer) Stereo is the best sounding "stock" stereo I have ever owned! It also has a hard-drive to load your music on.

Here's a clip on the 280hp 6cyl Passport:

Again, it depends on your needs, if you are looking for a SUV that will never go off-road, I'd recommend you check out the Mazda CX5 or the Lexus UX before the RAV4...

Cheers...

Thanks for that. I drove the new RAV4 during an extended highway run (241 to 91 to 15 to Ontario and back) and I noticed how buzzy the cabin got from the engine whenever the car tried to climb uphill or when I gave it some extra throttle. Cabin materials were fine, not great and the climate controls were a bit strange in the base LE model (no temp indicator, just a series of bars). I'm looking forward to the hybrid because it addresses so many of the aforementioned issues. (noisy engine, cheap interior, etc). I think I'm looking at the XSE for now.

Toyota is upgrading all its trucks (Sequoia, Taco, Tundra, 4Runner) with its most recent infotainment system for the 2020 model year. It was much needed and frankly about time. I'd take a look at the 4Runner if it got a better tranny and an engine upgrade. The Highlander redesign is coming soon, it should look more like the current RAV4...
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I always want a new car....or maybe just a different car. Within 6 months of driving off the lot, I start having desires for other cars I see. Of course I can't get a new car every 6 months....so it is like 6 months of being content, and 60 months of wanting.

I'm in the same boat. I have an F150. I had wanted it for a long time. Soon as I got it though, I started wanting the next car. Still got another 20 months to go.

THIS is what I want, but I'll settle for THIS.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:

I do like the 4Runner as well. My buddy has one and it's a fun ride.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: