Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

This is via reddit, I didn't listen to this fully so here are the cliffs:

Link to the show.

Quote:

~29:00

●Rob Pelinka has some barriers to pass because people don't like him. Like he was an agent and people don't like agents. One of the first things he did when he got the job was hold meetings with other agents that he used to be competitive with. Agents compete for players and don't have great relationships with each other. A lot of other, well known agents, really wanted that Laker GM job. Rob is super smart, from an IQ level, he's very smart.

~32:30

●Bill's right about that [his story about Luke wanting Randle/Brook and Magic ignoring him.] I think I mentioned this earlier and others have as-well.

●The reason they lost Brook was because they wanted Beasley. When they realized they weren't going to have Randle that's when they decided to go get Beasley. They felt that Beasley had a similar skill set to be a small ball 5 as Julius Randle did.

●I think Aaron Mintz was definitely disappointed when DLo was traded but I still think the Lakers did the right thing with the DLo trade, even looking in retrospect. They wouldn't have LeBron James right now if it wasn't for that trade and they even got a pick out of it which became Kyle Kuzma. I don't think DLo would have done as well in Los Angeles, the fresh start really helped him.

●Here's the mistake with what happened with Julius Randle. They lost him for absolutely nothing. They ended up renouncing him. They didn't have to do that. They could have matched the offer. I think the idea was they didn't want someone who didn't want to be here. But too bad, you can't lose your 7th overall pick for nothing. Where it ends up is you lost the guy for nothing. You could have signed and traded him, thus getting something in return, and they didn't do that.

If the Beasley thing is true... we are cooked.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
●The reason they lost Brook was because they wanted Beasley. When they realized they weren't going to have Randle that's when they decided to go get Beasley. They felt that Beasley had a similar skill set to be a small ball 5 as Julius Randle did.

Last edited by adkindo on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka is out of here... Magic has 1 more off season to prove his worth or he’s gone as well.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka = dead man walking
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Magic aswell
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Magic aswell

Hope so
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

The whole the pick was Kyle Kuzma narrative was and is BS. The Lakers would have landed Kuzma with or without that trade. They landed Hart out of it.

The bit about Randle and Beasley is even more alarming. For one they could have kept Randle, he was restricted. And for two, the thought that Beasley would be anywhere near as effective as Randle as a small ball center is insane.

Last edited by J.C. Smith on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Get David Griffin. He knows how to build a championship team around LeBron. Might also help our chances of signing Kyrie.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I just realized something. I bet you with 100% certainty, the Lakers got played by Mintz. This "favor" to free Randle, I bet you there were somehow Paul George expectations tied into that decision making process.

But wow! Brook Lopez was an all-star, prior to the Lakers at least, and a person that was capable of commanding $20 million a year. When you had an actual shot at signing him for the same amount you gave a career journeyman, you decide to go with the journeyman. Unbelievable. Fast forward, you waste your most promising big to get back the stretch 5 you lost in Brook, another guy who is or will be a journeyman in this league in Muscala.

Rookies at the helm, no other ways to put it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So they lost Brooke because they wanted Beasley or they wanted Beasley because they were losing Randle? Didn't quite get that part.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Mini Mamba wrote:
Get David Griffin. He knows how to build a championship team around LeBron. Might also help our chances of signing Kyrie.

Yeah I’m a big supporter of Griffin being our GM, when you see him talk on NBA TV, his basketball knowledge is great.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Magic aswell

I don't know. He's Magic, there is a statue of him. If anybody, Pelinka will take the fall. If Magic gets pushed out, it won't be a firing, it'll be a resignation and a speech about how he has so many business ventures that he cannot give the Lakers the time they deserve.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

VujacicForThree wrote:

Rob is super smart, from an IQ level, he's very smart.

They felt that Beasley had a similar skill set to be a small ball 5 as Julius Randle did.

These statements cannot both be true.....
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

So now who is Ramona's source? She's besties with Jeannie right?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Runway8 wrote:
I just realized something. I bet you with 100% certainty, the Lakers got played by Mintz. This "favor" to free Randle, I bet you there were somehow Paul George expectations tied into that decision making process.

But wow! Brook Lopez was an all-star, prior to the Lakers at least, and a person that was capable of commanding $20 million a year. When you had an actual shot at signing him for the same amount you gave a career journeyman, you decide to go with the journeyman. Unbelievable. Fast forward, you waste your most promising big to get back the stretch 5 you lost in Brook, another guy who is or will be a journeyman in this league in Muscala.

Paul George signed 30 mins in free agency. Randle was release later.

I don't think there is connection there.

But I hate Pelinka and his doing favors to other agents nonsense. They had 2 1sts offer for Lou Williams and we traded him to Houston cause that's where Lou wanted to go and we took on 7m salary on top of that
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Runway8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Magic aswell

I don't know. He's Magic, there is a statue of him. If anybody, Pelinka will take the fall. If Magic gets pushed out, it won't be a firing, it'll be a resignation and a speech about how he has so many business ventures that he cannot give the Lakers the time they deserve.

Exactly. You can't fire a beloved Laker legend, just wont happen.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

RG73 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

They felt that Beasley had a similar skill set to be a small ball 5 as Julius Randle did.

It's called sandwich feedback. Say something nice, give actual feedback and end with something nice
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Magic aswell

Exactly. You can't fire a beloved Laker legend, just wont happen.

As much as I don't like Magic right now, he is still my favorite player of all-time. Seeing him fired wouldn't look right. I'd love to see him resign though. LOL.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
So now who is Ramona's source? She's besties with Jeannie right?

It's Jeanie and magic, who r getting ready to fire Rob Pelinka
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

But I hate Pelinka and his doing favors to other agents nonsense. They had 2 1sts offer for Lou Williams and we traded him to Houston cause that's where Lou wanted to go and we took on 7m salary on top of that

You're right. So I think we're back to Maginka being anxious to putting their mark on the team. They rather put that money on "Playoff" Rondo, a myth if you ask me. We had so many must win games where he didn't show up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
The whole the pick was Kyle Kuzma narrative was and is BS. The Lakers would have landed Kuzma with or without that trade. They landed Hart out of it.

The bit about Randle and Beasley is even more alarming. For one they could have kept Randle, he was restricted. And for two, the thought that Beasley would be anywhere near as effective as Randle as a small ball center is insane.

Mona did say that Bertka was the one “screaming” to draft Kuzma. I believe she used that exact term.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

RG73 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

the second one has Magic's ability to evaluate talent written all over it.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

You're right. So I think we're back to Maginka being anxious to putting their mark on the team. They rather put that money on "Playoff" Rondo, a myth if you ask me. We had so many must win games where he didn't show up.

We need a grinder. Magic can be the BS talker but we need an actual GM who can build a team and create pr

And a good Coach
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka may have book smarts, but he has low IQ for a GM.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Depressing. Beasley might have played 5 at some point, but he's always been a 3 or situational 4.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: