42%  [ 6 ]
dodge
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: What would you do if you were drafted?

fight or flight
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

I’m on the other side of fifty. If I’m getting drafted, the enemy is at the gate.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I’m on the other side of fifty. If I’m getting drafted, the enemy is at the gate.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject:

I would inform them of my intent to transition to a woman.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

I would like to think I'd go proudly but I'm not sure what I'll advise my son
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject:

If I were drafted, I'd report to the Lakers training camp immediately.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

I'm not a Dodgers fan for no reason.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

The Raptors have a fun team.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

*laughs in Kawhi*
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

Universal Soldier
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

I would have gone if I was drafted in the early 70's. For awhile my 2S worked. The government then disallowed such a student deferment, so all I had left was luck. Lucky I was, as my lottery number was 282. Too many others were not. This bugs me sometimes but then sometimes luck was not on my side.

As an aside for those who might not know, Jimmy Carter used the pardon power wisely (and not for self-preservation) to grant the draft dodgers pardons for their crimes. The war had already taken far too great a toll on the country by then.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Oh Canada, our home and native land...
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

I am not owned by anyone, especially the state. They'd be foolish to ever entertain the notion that I'd be willing to fight their fight for them. Not a circumstance where I'd risk my life for the governments, or elites, express interests.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Depends on what and whom we are fighting for. If it’s for a just cause I would report. If it is to support fascism and Donald trump than most likely I would dodge

This. If we're being drafted to bully other nations, I ain't going. If a nation is threatening our country and/or coming to our shores with their military, I will most definitely join the cause to (bleep) them up.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

I have "bone spurs".
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:

This. If we're being drafted to bully other nations, I ain't going. If a nation is threatening our country and/or coming to our shores with their military, I will most definitely join the cause to (bleep) them up.

What are your thoughts on, if a person were drafted and chose not to go, that they could then be arrested and put in prison for up to 5 years?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Nope
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:

What are your thoughts on, if a person were drafted and chose not to go, that they could then be arrested and put in prison for up to 5 years?

I mean it's a harsh punishment, and I did not agree with how the US gov't treated Ali. If it's for religious reasons or disability, I understand, but I don't really see another reason to not defend your country if it's under attack (other than the reasons stated above).
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:

I mean it's a harsh punishment, and I did not agree with how the US gov't treated Ali. If it's for religious reasons or disability, I understand, but I don't really see another reason to not defend your country if it's under attack (other than the reasons stated above).

What if your leader took the country to war under false pretenses, while lying to the American people? If you opted to fight and then later found that out, should that leader face a 5 year prison sentence or harsher?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:

What if your leader took the country to war under false pretenses, while lying to the American people? If you opted to fight and then later found that out, should that leader face a 5 year prison sentence or harsher?

If many died, as would seem automatic, I would think a lifetime sentence without the possibly of parole would be in order, but the next Republican President would just grant a pardon, likely negating the bulk of the sentence.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
999 wrote:

If many died, as would seem automatic, I would think a lifetime sentence without the possibly of parole would be in order, but the next Republican President would just grant a pardon, likely negating the bulk of the sentence.
CrangesMcBasketball

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

So, if NK nuked half of NYC or any other major city, you wouldn't report to the draft? Who cares who's in office in this case?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

Depends on the situation I'm being drafted for. If there's a legitimate attack on the US from a country and they've officially declared war on us then I will fight. If it's another Iraq, Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan type war then I will be moving to Canada.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Dodge so hard they'd name it after me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: