OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 960, 961, 962 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ formula includes shooters.

But his Finals teams also had a dependable #2 scoring option (Wade, Kyrie).

To just have system shooters but not a #2 scoring option (who may emerge as #1 as LBJ declines) is also not capitalizing on what works for a LBJ centric team.

Sadly we need both. Obviously KD, Klay, KL work but I doubt they are coming here.

Agreed. Ingram, on the team I proposed, fulfills that role. He's the guy that becomes the second option. My shooter signing becomes the third option, integral to opening up the floor for James and Ingram.

I'm not sure we will know whether BI is fully cleared from a blood clot issue by July, and whether we pass on getting a Kemba/Jimmy level (yes, Tier B, and of course I wish we could get KD/KL/Klay over them) assuming he's healthy enough. I think BI's extension price is going to be suppressed b/c of the blood clot, and he may remain a question mark for the near and long term due to that medical issue.

That's fair. If Ingram is indeed on the periphery, I'd still strongly consider Bogdanovic ... over Butler. But, to your point, it would be very much debatable.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ formula includes shooters.

But his Finals teams also had a dependable #2 scoring option (Wade, Kyrie).

To just have system shooters but not a #2 scoring option (who may emerge as #1 as LBJ declines) is also not capitalizing on what works for a LBJ centric team.

Sadly we need both. Obviously KD, Klay, KL work but I doubt they are coming here.

Agreed. Ingram, on the team I proposed, fulfills that role. He's the guy that becomes the second option. My shooter signing becomes the third option, integral to opening up the floor for James and Ingram.

I'm not sure we will know whether BI is fully cleared from a blood clot issue by July, and whether we pass on getting a Kemba/Jimmy level (yes, Tier B, and of course I wish we could get KD/KL/Klay over them) assuming he's healthy enough. I think BI's extension price is going to be suppressed b/c of the blood clot, and he may remain a question mark for the near and long term due to that medical issue.

That's fair. If Ingram is indeed on the periphery, I'd still strongly consider Bogdanovic ... over Butler. But, to your point, it would be very much debatable.

This is the traditional "predictive" vs. "prescriptive" vantage point.

I try to sprinkle in both, mixing a little of what I would want with what I think the powers in charge will likely do. What I truly want (KD, KL, Klay) will likely be off the table. So if Kemba/Jimmy say they are down, I cannot see Magic turning them down. And I think they will be good players for this team and make us a playoff team though non-contender.

In no world do I see Magic signing his death warrant by signing Bogdanovic, even if on paper, he seems like a good fit.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

right now, assuming we are unable to get a Tier 1 FA....I would prefer...

--to sign a Kemba or Butler ($30ish Million)
--trade down in draft to increase cap space....even consider trading for a 2019 2nd and 2020 1st. Use 2nd Round pick on a 3rd string Center (Charles Bassey or Azibuke).
--keep Bullocks cap hold ($4.5ish Million)
--use remaining cap on backup Center (Kyle O'Quinn?)
--use Room Exception on Center (Nerlens Noel?)
--try to fill out roster with minimum contract shooters and/or defenders (Thabo Sefolosha, Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler, DeMarre Carroll)
--need a cheap backup PG

This is where I am right now....but I could see a path to pass on the max guy, and build out with more quality depth.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

--trade down in draft to increase cap space....even consider trading for a 2019 2nd and 2020 1st. Use 2nd Round pick on a 3rd string Center (Charles Bassey or Azibuke).
--try to fill out roster with minimum contract shooters and/or defenders (Thabo Sefolosha, Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler, DeMarre Carroll)
--need a cheap backup PG

This is where I am right now....but I could see a path to pass on the max guy, and build out with more quality depth.

This is pretty much where I think we stand. How we fill out the center rotation will be interesting. Some interesting prospects but we MUST find a center who can space the floor.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I want Dedmon too. And I don't think he'll be as expensive as some are making out, otherwise he wouldn't have taken his 6m player option this summer and tested FA. I think he can be had closer to the room exception range.

There is a lot more FA money next offseason than the last one.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

--need a cheap backup PG

i have 0 confidence in these idiots to build out a decent roster.

they know only 1 way, go for max or else punt the max slot to another year.

i agree with you tough
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I want Dedmon too. And I don't think he'll be as expensive as some are making out, otherwise he wouldn't have taken his 6m player option this summer and tested FA. I think he can be had closer to the room exception range.

There is a lot more FA money next offseason than the last one.

Sure, but the recent trend is to spend less cap space on centers, especially ones who are about to be 30.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

--need a cheap backup PG

This is pretty much where I think we stand. How we fill out the center rotation will be interesting. Some interesting prospects but we MUST find a center who can space the floor.

really? I have never felt that was a must as long as you have 4 "capable" shooters on the floor....of which 3 are "above average" shooters. I actually prefer my Center to be a rim protecting, rim running and rolling to the basket Center.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

instead of spending max cap on kemba walker or butler, i prefer they distribute it within couple of players like:

bogdan bogdanovic
Vucevic
Pat Bev
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

--need a cheap backup PG

really? I have never felt that was a must as long as you have 4 "capable" shooters on the floor....of which 3 are "above average" shooters. I actually prefer my Center to be a rim protecting, rim running and rolling to the basket Center.

Spacing.

If you have say LBJ/Jimmy/BI, you'll need to maximize spacing for them to attack. I think LBJ/BI suffered a bit this year from always having a center at the rim against them b/c our centers were JaV/Zub/Tyson, non floor spacers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

curious....what do you think it would cost for the Lopez brothers? They kind of offset each others weaknesses, and would not be too upset about yielding playing time to each other.....just not sure what type of money they will get this summer.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
instead of spending max cap on kemba walker or butler, i prefer they distribute it within couple of players like:

bogdan bogdanovic
Vucevic
Pat Bev

i expect someone to pay Bogdan a pretty big number
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

bogdan bogdanovic
Vucevic
Pat Bev

I don't think you can afford all 3.

Someone is going to pay Vuc stupid money and Bev will get more than what's left over.

That defense though at SF-C spot with Bog/LBJ/Vuc.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

--need a cheap backup PG

Spacing.

If you have say LBJ/Jimmy/BI, you'll need to maximize spacing for them to attack. I think LBJ/BI suffered a bit this year from always having a center at the rim against them b/c our centers were JaV/Zub/Tyson, non floor spacers.

Jimmy Butler is a bad bad fit for this team

Where is the shooting?
Center
LeBron: he hates playing 4
Butler
Ingram
Lonzo

Eww
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

bogdan bogdanovic
Vucevic
Pat Bev

More then 20m?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Where is the shooting?
Center
Butler
Ingram
Lonzo

Eww

Shooting isn't great, but the defense is. And we are porous defensively.

Even if we get Kyrie/Klay/KD/KL/Kemba/Jimmy he'd have to start playing PF unless they want to bench Lonzo or BI. (Kuz I assume goes to the bench in all scenarios).
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Where is the shooting?
Center
Butler
Ingram
Lonzo

Eww

Shooting isn't great, but the defense is. And we are porous defensively.

Even if we get Kyrie/Klay/KD/KL/Kemba/Jimmy he'd have to start playing PF unless they want to bench Lonzo or BI. (Kuz I assume goes to the bench in all scenarios).

2 things I hate about Butler:
Milage
Attitude

Not even talking about his shooting
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

bogdan bogdanovic
Vucevic
Pat Bev

More then 20m?

not sure....but in that range. The guy probably seen as a legit 3rd option on a contending level team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

--need a cheap backup PG

I wouldn’t care about my center stretching the floor or running the break. Those are nice but not necessary. Give me a rim protector who can step out on the perimeter and solid screen setter and I am happy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
curious....what do you think it would cost for the Lopez brothers? They kind of offset each others weaknesses, and would not be too upset about yielding playing time to each other.....just not sure what type of money they will get this summer.

I doubt that Brook has any desire to return here. Bridges are burnt.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

ok, but that was not my question
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Bridges are often rebuilt with money. (But I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to take the Lakers money.)
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

--need a cheap backup PG

Spacing.

If you have say LBJ/Jimmy/BI, you'll need to maximize spacing for them to attack.

Agreed.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/igotsources/status/1106053263160283136

@Mr. Untouchable: Kawhi Leonard is in fact in attendance at LeBron James Toronto Reunion one source said.

It's been reported that Kawhi was spotted at LBJ's party in Toronto last night. Keep planting the seeds LeRecruit.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
https://twitter.com/igotsources/status/1106053263160283136

@Mr. Untouchable: Kawhi Leonard is in fact in attendance at LeBron James Toronto Reunion one source said.

It's been reported that Kawhi was spotted at LBJ's party in Toronto last night. Keep planting the seeds LeRecruit.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 960, 961, 962 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 961 of 8560
Jump to: