Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Bill Oram on Cowherd says this is a false rumor
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

You know this is a false rumor. LBJ is Jeanie's cash cow.

Team sucks? No worries. Come see LBJ.

Same formula worked for the KFT.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
Jeanie should blame herself for this circus that is Magic Johnson. lol.

Time to cut ties? With Magic and Rob? Realistically I think she is gonna see if things change, because from what I been reading, she seems pretty fed up. Rob might have to go immediately though. How you have a GM nobody from another team wants to talk to?

Just bring in someone that has the experience in basketball operations for Pete's sake. Stop hiring people just because they're linked to the Lakers family.

Look, I think GT heading up b'ball operations would be a great move!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Exactly! Jeanie/Buss fam main money is from Lakers unlike other owners. They would never consider trading him after half a season
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

Time to cut ties? With Magic and Rob? Realistically I think she is gonna see if things change, because from what I been reading, she seems pretty fed up. Rob might have to go immediately though. How you have a GM nobody from another team wants to talk to?

Just bring in someone that has the experience in basketball operations for Pete's sake. Stop hiring people just because they're linked to the Lakers family.

But if things go south, I would hate to turn on our own GT.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

episode 3 of Game of Zones???
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
If Pelinka gets thrown in the bushes the Lakers should go after David Griffin, though it wont matter who they hire is Magic doesn't allow the GM to do their job.

Which is ironic considering what he said about Jim buss, but he was saying all types of things as a ploy to get him out of there and take his place. He got what he wanted, LL and now he is really hurting the Lakers. I blame Jeanie for putting him in position to hurt the Lakers. Him and pelinka. 2 people with absolutely no FO experience. To Jeanie's credit though, they tried Bob Myers as a GM from the warriors, but we knew he wasn't gonna leave that situation and got extended; besides, it's a collaborate effort with the FO. Magic would affect things.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

First off consider the source..

With that said is this complete cluster#### any surprise?
We have the Buss kids + Magic + Pelinka + LeBron + Klutch running things.
I mean just look at the top. Jeannie's main confidant/consultant is Kurt Rambis' wife?
Magic probably puts in a few hours a week if that in the office.
Pelinka is just a schmoozer who has no idea how to fit together a team..not to mention all the other GM's/agents won't talk to him.
Luke seems like a nice guy but is in way over his head.
Klutch is apparently consulted on all trades..
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

This makes sense. Jeanie would be hurting the profits and that is worst than us losing, out of the playoff picture as crazy as that sounds. That would mean the buss's and so forth would have to vote her out of that position.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

This makes sense. Jeanie would be hurting the profits and that is worst than us losing, out of the playoff picture as crazy as that sounds. That would mean the buss's and so forth would have to vote her out of that position.

I think we will have made record profits/revenue during our past 6 years with LBJ on board. He's a proven cash cow. Ask Cleveland (whose local economy was singularly boosted by LBJ joining the Cavs).
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

as much as I didnt like the Jim/Mitch saga, Jeannie/Magic/Rob are in way over their heads and I dont see things changing unfortunately unless the young Buss kids take over or they sell the team, this franchise to me is at its lowest point since I have been a fan in 1977, we are a joke, letting all this stuff, the emails and rumors come out in the public is an embarassment we are a true clown show
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

But if things go south, I would hate to turn on our own GT.

No mercy. We're the Lakers
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga

Outspoken wrote:
Quote:
The subject of moving James, however, was contemplated by the Lakers, a team source said, weeks before [ESPN analyst Jeff] Van Gundy aired it. When rumors engulfed the team at the February trade deadline that it was willing to trade anyone other than James to acquire All-Star forward Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans, James’ agent, Rich Paul, was widely accused of spreading those rumors because Davis is also one of his clients. Paul denied to B/R that he leaked the Lakers’ interest in Davis, but [Lakers owner Jeanie] Buss suspected otherwise and was furious. The idea of terminating the franchise’s relationship with Paul by moving James at least crossed Buss’ mind, the team source said, and Paul was made aware of that. That prompted Paul to reach out to Buss to clear the air, and whatever ill will existed supposedly dissipated. At the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference a few weeks later, Buss blamed the media for making the rumors public.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2019/03/14/jeanie-buss-trade-lebron-james-anthony-davis/

I don't know if you could phrase this in any milder or more meaningless words than: "at least crossed Buss’ mind."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Quote:
The subject of moving James, however, was contemplated by the Lakers, a team source said, weeks before [ESPN analyst Jeff] Van Gundy aired it. When rumors engulfed the team at the February trade deadline that it was willing to trade anyone other than James to acquire All-Star forward Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans, James’ agent, Rich Paul, was widely accused of spreading those rumors because Davis is also one of his clients. Paul denied to B/R that he leaked the Lakers’ interest in Davis, but [Lakers owner Jeanie] Buss suspected otherwise and was furious. The idea of terminating the franchise’s relationship with Paul by moving James at least crossed Buss’ mind, the team source said, and Paul was made aware of that. That prompted Paul to reach out to Buss to clear the air, and whatever ill will existed supposedly dissipated. At the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference a few weeks later, Buss blamed the media for making the rumors public.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2019/03/14/jeanie-buss-trade-lebron-james-anthony-davis/

I don't know if you could phrase this in any milder or more meaningless words than: "at least crossed Buss’ mind."

It's a passive form of the passive voice.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Quote:

It's a passive form of the passive voice.

If that is the case the source must be the Paul/ James camp setting the stage for the next round of “poor Lebron”
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Jeanie wanted to clear the air with Rich Paul, but no way do I believe she was ready to trade LeBron. That would be a PR disaster of epic proportions for the Lakers, and would further set back the franchise.

Jeanie, and her choices to run the team, Magic and Pelinka, need to make this work, big time. Jeanie and Magic don't have anybody else to blame, there aren't any scapegoats left to be sacrificed.

What I wonder is if Rich Paul will even be that powerful after Lebron retires?

I guess Lebron probably will be, but look at Michael Jordan, what has he accomplished as an owner/exec?

The Clippers were supppsedly going to be hurt by trading Blake, but now they are the supposed favorites to land Kawhi.

We are told that big name free agents are turned off by the Lakers culture with Lebron in the mix, so how exactly does it Hirt the team if they trade him?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Seems like a B.S. story to me. Look at the source? LOL. Let's not start believing everything we read.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
First off consider the source..

With that said is this complete cluster#### any surprise?
We have the Buss kids + Magic + Pelinka + LeBron + Klutch running things.
I mean just look at the top. Jeannie's main confidant/consultant is Kurt Rambis' wife?
Magic probably puts in a few hours a week if that in the office.
Pelinka is just a schmoozer who has no idea how to fit together a team..not to mention all the other GM's/agents won't talk to him.
Luke seems like a nice guy but is in way over his head.
Klutch is apparently consulted on all trades..

And yet, the league will keep touting Jeannie as an amazing owner.

It’s a joke.

Look, she has accomplished nothing and yet she is the only female majority owner so we are constantly told how great she is.

Give her 30 years and she might have a Donald Sterling-esque track record. She’s on that path so far.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Jeanie wanted to clear the air with Rich Paul, but no way do I believe she was ready to trade LeBron. That would be a PR disaster of epic proportions for the Lakers, and would further set back the franchise.

Jeanie, and her choices to run the team, Magic and Pelinka, need to make this work, big time. Jeanie and Magic don't have anybody else to blame, there aren't any scapegoats left to be sacrificed.

What I wonder is if Rich Paul will even be that powerful after Lebron retires?

I guess Lebron probably will be, but look at Michael Jordan, what has he accomplished as an owner/exec?

The Clippers were supppsedly going to be hurt by trading Blake, but now they are the supposed favorites to land Kawhi.

We are told that big name free agents are turned off by the Lakers culture with Lebron in the mix, so how exactly does it Hirt the team if they trade him?

Jeannie is toxic just as bad as her (bleep) brother. Hearing of that email about Balmer was cringe as (bleep).
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

Fire yourself Jeanie and take Magic/Pelinka with you
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
but look at Michael Jordan, what has he accomplished as an owner/exec?

He's accomplished making a billion dollars from the franchise's rise in value.
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If Jeannie refers to Ballmer in e-mails as BALLZ or BALLS, what does she call Magic and Rob?

hmm... mags?! earvy?! robzorz?! pelinkerton detective agency?! I got nothing..
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

microbe obliterator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If Jeannie refers to Ballmer in e-mails as BALLZ or BALLS, what does she call Magic and Rob?

hmm... mags?! earvy?! robzorz?! pelinkerton detective agency?! I got nothing..

Depends.

Are we talking Rob Pelinka or Rob Perez?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Ish is spreading like a wildfire regardless of fact or fiction.
hcbball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Seems like a B.S. story to me. Look at the source? LOL. Let's not start believing everything we read.

im not saying its true or not, but people say this about every reporter or journalist.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8
Jump to: