Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Oh.. another dump on front office thread.

Participation is voluntary

Well.. yea. That's how this site works. Has nothing to do with what I said.

How many threads do we need that are for nothing more than dumping on the front office and whining???

I hear what you're saying. Truth is, I think all of us are highly disappointed. Even though most of us KNEW that this is not the right type of roster with LeBron, we AT LEAST thought we'd make the playoffs. I don't think playoffs were even a debate once LeBron was signed.

Now with every new bit of info that comes out about the FO and the decisions they've made along the way, we just want to post new info as we learn. I get it. We're frustrated for how and why this happened.

I get it, and I'm not saying your concerns don't warrant frustration. They do.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

How many threads do we need that are for nothing more than dumping on the front office and whining???

"whining" that our team sucks and we have idiots running it. Such whiners!

Yea.. do you have an answer for my question?

How many threads do we need for you guys to complain and whine in?

Don't Magic and Rob have official threads?

The thread is about what Ramona said on the radio. It's more useful to have this upfront for a day rather than finding it by accident in the Maginka thread. The fact that the biggest takeaway from her interview is that they don't have a clue what they were doing, and deciding from there that it's an M/P P&M is subjective.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Does it really matter if there are multiple threads about them? This is pretty much all we have to talk about. The playoff hopes are dead and Lebron will "finish strong" (i.e. finish us out of any hopes for a Top 4) to the benefit of nobody/nothing but his own legacy. We have pretty much nothing to do except perform an autopsy on this disaster of a season.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

It's about what she said about the front office.. There's a thread for the front office. This forum is now polluted with too many piss and moan threads on the front office.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I hear what you're saying. Truth is, I think all of us are highly disappointed. Even though most of us KNEW that this is not the right type of roster with LeBron, we AT LEAST thought we'd make the playoffs. I don't think playoffs were even a debate once LeBron was signed.

Now with every new bit of info that comes out about the FO and the decisions they've made along the way, we just want to post new info as we learn. I get it. We're frustrated for how and why this happened.

The timing of these reports is anything but a coincidence. If we are playing well and headed into the playoffs, no reporter would be putting out stories like these because they would look silly. Now that our season fell apart, they put out these low hanging fruit articles so they can say "see, I told you the Lakers were a mess!".
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The timing of these reports is anything but a coincidence. If we are playing well and headed into the playoffs, no reporter would be putting out stories like these because they would look silly. Now that our season fell apart, they put out these low hanging fruit articles so they can say "see, I told you the Lakers were a mess!".

Are you overlooking the cause and effect aspect?

The Lakers season fell apart due to the various things coming out in all the reports. Being frustrated and criticizing them is just the next link in the chain.

Make good decisions and put out a winning team and we wouldn't be subjected to the stories.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

VujacicForThree wrote:
This is via reddit, I didn't listen to this fully so here are the cliffs:

Link to the show.

Quote:

~29:00

●Rob Pelinka has some barriers to pass because people don't like him. Like he was an agent and people don't like agents. One of the first things he did when he got the job was hold meetings with other agents that he used to be competitive with. Agents compete for players and don't have great relationships with each other. A lot of other, well known agents, really wanted that Laker GM job. Rob is super smart, from an IQ level, he's very smart.

~32:30

●Bill's right about that [his story about Luke wanting Randle/Brook and Magic ignoring him.] I think I mentioned this earlier and others have as-well.

The reason they lost Brook was because they wanted Beasley. When they realized they weren't going to have Randle that's when they decided to go get Beasley. They felt that Beasley had a similar skill set to be a small ball 5 as Julius Randle did.

●I think Aaron Mintz was definitely disappointed when DLo was traded but I still think the Lakers did the right thing with the DLo trade, even looking in retrospect. They wouldn't have LeBron James right now if it wasn't for that trade and they even got a pick out of it which became Kyle Kuzma. I don't think DLo would have done as well in Los Angeles, the fresh start really helped him.

●Here's the mistake with what happened with Julius Randle. They lost him for absolutely nothing. They ended up renouncing him. They didn't have to do that. They could have matched the offer. I think the idea was they didn't want someone who didn't want to be here. But too bad, you can't lose your 7th overall pick for nothing. Where it ends up is you lost the guy for nothing. You could have signed and traded him, thus getting something in return, and they didn't do that.

If the Beasley thing is true... we are cooked.

I'm in shock reading that
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

bandiger wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Link to the show.

Quote:

●Rob Pelinka has some barriers to pass because people don't like him. Like he was an agent and people don't like agents. One of the first things he did when he got the job was hold meetings with other agents that he used to be competitive with. Agents compete for players and don't have great relationships with each other. A lot of other, well known agents, really wanted that Laker GM job. Rob is super smart, from an IQ level, he's very smart.

●Bill's right about that [his story about Luke wanting Randle/Brook and Magic ignoring him.] I think I mentioned this earlier and others have as-well.

The reason they lost Brook was because they wanted Beasley. When they realized they weren't going to have Randle that's when they decided to go get Beasley. They felt that Beasley had a similar skill set to be a small ball 5 as Julius Randle did.

●I think Aaron Mintz was definitely disappointed when DLo was traded but I still think the Lakers did the right thing with the DLo trade, even looking in retrospect. They wouldn't have LeBron James right now if it wasn't for that trade and they even got a pick out of it which became Kyle Kuzma. I don't think DLo would have done as well in Los Angeles, the fresh start really helped him.

●Here's the mistake with what happened with Julius Randle. They lost him for absolutely nothing. They ended up renouncing him. They didn't have to do that. They could have matched the offer. I think the idea was they didn't want someone who didn't want to be here. But too bad, you can't lose your 7th overall pick for nothing. Where it ends up is you lost the guy for nothing. You could have signed and traded him, thus getting something in return, and they didn't do that.

We needed a defensive anchor in the center position (Chandler, Mcgee) that's why we lost Brook.

We can't give him the minutes. Unless you wanna go twin tower...

In the end, death lineup was the plan aka small ball.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

Hero Ball wrote:
bandiger wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Link to the show.

Quote:

If the Beasley thing is true... we are cooked. :(

I'm in shock reading that :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

We needed a defensive anchor in the center position (Chandler, Mcgee) that's why we lost Brook.

Brook anchors just fine in Milwaukee, much like he did last season here if anyone bothered to look at the data.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ramona Shelburne was on ESPN LA Radio today and I highlighted some key points below:

RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
bandiger wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Link to the show.

Quote:

Brook anchors just fine in Milwaukee, much like he did last season here if anyone bothered to look at the data.

Tell that to the FO...I'm not the one who let him go.

Bucks have the freak...lest you forget.

Who do we have to stop those penetrations? Right...no one.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Well we had Zubac and then we traded him for 7 feet of nothing
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

BTW Lopez had 4 RPG and 1.3 BPG last season for us.

That's a terrible job anchoring the middle.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
It's about what she said about the front office.. There's a thread for the front office. This forum is now polluted with too many piss and moan threads on the front office.

Sounds like more of a front office problem than an LG problem.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

It's literally almost impossible to have a good defense if you don't have a good anchor and I believe the Lakers'defense was above average last year.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Sounds like more of a front office problem than an LG problem.

Does that really make sense? We were discussing what's happening in this thread, and forum.

What happens here has no bearing on the front office.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

It's literally almost impossible to have a good defense if you don't have a good anchor and I believe the Lakers'defense was above average last year.

we were 25th in the league in points allowed.

no. 2 in rebounds but not because of Brook.

He was our 8th best rebounder last year.

8th.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

You sure don’t know much about team rebounding
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

It's called boxing out and Lopez was the only guy who did it. There's a reason team rebounding correlates with his presence.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

It's called boxing out and Lopez was the only guy who did it. There's a reason team rebounding correlates with his presence.

Was about to reply that exact thought.. You see our current team and the majority of them never box out or if they do its half assed.. Lopez, a center who boxes out would have been great for us considering we have a good amount of solid rebounders outside of the center position. This is def. one of those cases where that guy did not watch games last season or at least not closely enough and is just basing the opinion purely on stats.

Plus, I dont think anyone is saying he was a DPOY candidate obviously but he was very far from terrible.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

VLF, pjiddy, and hype.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

8th.

Was about to reply that exact thought.. You see our current team and the majority of them never box out or if they do its half assed.. Lopez, a center who boxes out would have been great for us considering we have a good amount of solid rebounders outside of the center position. This is def. one of those cases where that guy did not watch games last season or at least not closely enough and is just basing the opinion purely on stats.

Plus, I dont think anyone is saying he was a DPOY candidate obviously but he was very far from terrible.

So do you attribute our success in rebounding to a center who rebounds 4 rpg and plays less than 25 mins?

If he was playing above 35mins he could have helped in the majority of the success but he was playing 23.4 mins per game and he is responsible for all the box outs?

Please.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

A guy who isn't even playing half the time is mainly responsible for the team's success in rebounding.

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Even without Brook we are a top 7 rebounding team.

Even with all the injuries to Lonzo, Mcgee and Hart...top 7.

We are that good in rebounds...Brook or no Brook.

He wasn't the main reason to our success.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

We’re gonna do that counting stats thing? We’re going to ignore that we were the second best rebounding team in the NBA last year with Brook and substantially better defensive team? You realize Brook boxed out and allowed for team rebounding, right? Come on...Brook has impact and it’s obvious if you dig deeper than a few counting stats.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

We’re gonna do that counting stats thing? We’re going to ignore that we were the second best rebounding team in the NBA last year with Brook and substantially better defensive team? You realize Brook boxed out and allowed for team rebounding, right? Come on...Brook has impact and it’s obvious if you dig deeper than a few counting stats.

I didn't say he didn't box out and was not a factor.

He was a factor but only for 24 mins in average.

We were great but not primarily because of him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: