OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 963, 964, 965 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Kawhi didn’t attend Lebron’s party last night.

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1106350395331350528?s=21
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
It'd really be awesome if Magic would do what we had all hoped and be the face of the franchise, pitch the team and let the people who know what they're doing actually do what they're supposed to.

Maybe they can bring in somebody great to be a layer between Magic and Rob (steep corporate hierarchies make me want to vomit, but in this case, it may be needed).

Or they can promote Rob out of harm's way, thereby not pissing off Kobe too much, and hire a young hotshot with real GM or assistant GM experience. A Theo Epstein or Sam Presti type.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents18995570/nba-front-office-prospects-watch (this is a couple of years old, maybe there's an updated list somewhere)

Trent Redden is now an assistant GM for the Clippers and Michael Winger is the GM for the Clippers.

Would Magic, Jeannie, LeBron, Klutch, etc get out of the way of a new GM or will they resist change?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Looks like Kawhi didn’t attend Lebron’s party last night.

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1106350395331350528?s=21

I think GT vouched for him, oh well let’s hope we still can get Kawhi.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

A bunch of randoms on twitter.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Btw I don’t remember Durant going to any party when he signed with the GSW.. so don’t get discouraged guys.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Btw I don’t remember Durant going to any party when he signed with the GSW.. so don’t get discouraged guys.

He did party with Lebron in LA at the end of summer tho.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1106399710535806977

👀
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
It'd really be awesome if Magic would do what we had all hoped and be the face of the franchise, pitch the team and let the people who know what they're doing actually do what they're supposed to.

Maybe they can bring in somebody great to be a layer between Magic and Rob (steep corporate hierarchies make me want to vomit, but in this case, it may be needed).

Or they can promote Rob out of harm's way, thereby not pissing off Kobe too much, and hire a young hotshot with real GM or assistant GM experience. A Theo Epstein or Sam Presti type.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents18995570/nba-front-office-prospects-watch (this is a couple of years old, maybe there's an updated list somewhere)

Trent Redden is now an assistant GM for the Clippers and Michael Winger is the GM for the Clippers.

Would Magic, Jeannie, LeBron, Klutch, etc get out of the way of a new GM or will they resist change?

They would probably resist.

At any rate, I’m sure Trent Redden would happily accept a promotion to Lakers GM.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

at the very least I hope with Lebron and Klutch's connections we can get an accurate scoop on what FAs are legitimately considering coming or not before July 1st so the Lakers know who to really pursue.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

At any rate, I’m sure Trent Redden would happily accept a promotion to Lakers GM.

Would Jeannie hire from the Clippers FO when she still appears to have an elitist mindset?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Bron needs to get down on his knees for Kawhi to come here. Rich Paul better offer him some Space Jam type movie roles or other projects with Bron.

TMZ actually captured footage of Lebron recruiting:

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Troy Weaver is another guy i would consider. Assistant GM for OKC. Well-regarded. Great relationship with KD. That ship has probably already sailed, but maybe with him in tow we could get a meeting and Magic can do the thing he says he would do.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject:

Sign Cousins to a 4 year max deal, team opt out after year 3
Draft Darius Garland
Sign DeMare Carrol as a vet signing
Sign Danny Green as a vet signing
Sign Channing Frye as a vet signing

Work with Hart, Kuzma, Ball, Ingram etc all summer to work on catch and shoot 3s and finishing off the ball at the rim

Build offense around simple LeBron/Cousins screen roll initiation. Interchange LeBron with Ball or Ingram.

Cousins/Frye/Wagner
Kuzma/Carrol
Lebron/Hart
Ingram/Green
Ball/Garland/Bonga

This team is a playoff lock and still has trade assets to make a move for a third all star while keeping James/Cousins and depth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject:

Any plan that starts with "sign DeMarcus Cousins" is a bad plan IMO. Seriously, I hope in the playoffs it gets clear to people how much of a liability he is on defense. They won't be able to play him.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Any plan that starts with "sign DeMarcus Cousins" is a bad plan IMO. Seriously, I hope in the playoffs it gets clear to people how much of a liability he is on defense. They won't be able to play him.

agreed...how many times do you think DC's wheels will break down over the next 4 years Just too much meat on the bones to run run run
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

Good lord no to Boogie.

If you thought this year's defense was bad, imagine LBJ at age 34-36 with Boogie and Kuz.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Good lord no to Boogie.

If you thought this year's defense was bad, imagine LBJ at age 34-36 with Boogie and Kuz.

I can totally see us being worst in the league in conceding points in the paint with that lineup. Terrible rebounding and rim protection too.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Draft Darius Garland

Work with Hart, Kuzma, Ball, Ingram etc all summer to work on catch and shoot 3s and finishing off the ball at the rim

Build offense around simple LeBron/Cousins screen roll initiation. Interchange LeBron with Ball or Ingram.

Cousins/Frye/Wagner
Kuzma/Carrol
Lebron/Hart
Ingram/Green
Ball/Garland/Bonga

This team is a playoff lock and still has trade assets to make a move for a third all star while keeping James/Cousins and depth.

I would rather punt cap space than rock with this lineup to be honest. Do not want Cousins on a long term contract. I would only be willing to take him on a one year deal if we strike out on all the other big fish. Let's hope LB can recruit Kawhi.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Draft Darius Garland

Cousins/Frye/Wagner
Kuzma/Carrol
Lebron/Hart
Ingram/Green
Ball/Garland/Bonga

I would rather punt cap space than rock with this lineup to be honest. Do not want Cousins on a long term contract. I would only be willing to take him on a one year deal if we strike out on all the other big fish. Let's hope LB can recruit Kawhi.

And Green/Carroll are getting more than a vet's minimum.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1106399710535806977

👀

Lebron needs to tell Kawhi that this would be a Kobe-Shaq dynamic and not MJ-Pippen. Also, tell him he's Shaq.

If we got Kawhi with cap space, add some ring chasing shooters and a decent Center, we are a legit championship contender. We would essentially be getting BI, Lonzo and a healthy Hart back too.

Zo/3+D shooter
Kawhi/Hart
BI/Kuz/Shooter
LBJ/Kuz/Shooter
Dedmon (MMLE Center)/Wagner/Defensive C
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

It would require LBJ telling KL that he (LBJ) would be KL's "Robin."

Do I think LBJ has that capacity to do this? Not now. Maybe when he's 37 and in more dramatic decline.

How LBJ approaches prospective FAs will determine whether we get KL/KD or may have to punt again .
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Draft Darius Garland

Cousins/Frye/Wagner
Kuzma/Carrol
Lebron/Hart
Ingram/Green
Ball/Garland/Bonga

And Green/Carroll are getting more than a vet's minimum.

I think this is a level of analysis that I would have assumed should be standard operating procedure for Magic/Rob, but of course I have my doubts given what they've done this year.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:

Do I think LBJ has that capacity to do this? Not now. Maybe when he's 37 and in more dramatic decline.

How LBJ approaches prospective FAs will determine whether we get KL/KD or may have to punt again .

Why would anyone believe Lebron if he said that? I can remember people saying that Kobe should do the same thing. Right. Alpha players don't stop being alpha players.

Anyway, as much as I like the idea of signing Leonard, I think people are starting to overrate his impact. From what I've seen (and admittedly I don't watch the Raptors often), Leonard has not been the same sort of impact defender that we saw with the Spurs. This may be a function of a change in schemes/coaching, but regardless, he seems like more of an offensive player now. In fact, he seems like the kind of player who gambles a lot on steals, which is worrisome. Overall, I'd be happy if we signed Leonard, but I think that the people who expect him to be an elite defender will be disappointed.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Strange since Kawhi and Giannis are both better players than Lebron.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Why would anyone believe Lebron if he said that? I can remember people saying that Kobe should do the same thing. Right. Alpha players don't stop being alpha players.

Anyway, as much as I like the idea of signing Leonard, I think people are starting to overrate his impact. From what I've seen (and admittedly I don't watch the Raptors often), Leonard has not been the same sort of impact defender that we saw with the Spurs. This may be a function of a change in schemes/coaching, but regardless, he seems like more of an offensive player now. In fact, he seems like the kind of player who gambles a lot on steals, which is worrisome. Overall, I'd be happy if we signed Leonard, but I think that the people who expect him to be an elite defender will be disappointed.

I'm saying that I doubt LBJ does that. Not even Kobe did that. But that to me seems to be the only way that an already champion KL/KD would even consider the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 963, 964, 965 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 964 of 8560
Jump to: